• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

scared to check my towns :/

PaperCat

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Lucky
Jack
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Leif
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Pansy
White Lily
Purple Violet
White Violet
So I have not played either of my towns for like 2 weeks or more, as I semi lost the motivation. I am afraid to check them as I imagine villagers I want to stay have probably moved out :/

Has this happened with anyone else? Nervous to check on their towns after a break?

If you remember the last day you played, ask Isabelle to set your clock to the following day. That's how I keep track of my varmints in so many towns. Failing that, a good guess may suffice. If you mistakenly go back too far, nothing lost... EDIT: Your DS can tell you the dates you've played.

Last edited:
In taking breaks, I've never had villagers really just jet that I loved that much. If they did end up running out of town I would often be quickly able to calm myself from their departure. It's much more fun to get new neighbors than to have too many that you cling to.

So I have not played either of my towns for like 2 weeks or more, as I semi lost the motivation. I am afraid to check them as I imagine villagers I want to stay have probably moved out :/

Has this happened with anyone else? Nervous to check on their towns after a break?
You might have just lost one dude and gained a few weeds. If Leif is around I'd like to pluck some weeds for one of those items.

Yeah, just go back a few days before the date you think you last played, then breeze through those few weeks, going day by day, just basically checking on who is planning to move.

You'll be back up to date in no time, and have lost no villager(s) in the process. ^_^

Last edited:
I got so scared when I accidentally skipped a month instead of a day.

Yeah, just go back a few days before the date you think you last played, then breeze through those few weeks, going day by day, just basically checking on who is planning to move.

You'll be back up to date in no time, and have lost no villager(s) in the process. ^_^

Whenever I?m worried about the date, I go BACK in time. Any time backward counts as only
One day.

Then, I close my eyes, travel back into the past. When I?ve safely arrived, I look the the map. 99% of times Ive been safe! No one has moved out and they rarely ping to move. It?s the safest way in my experience.

Good luck coming!!

Usually when I'm in that situation I end up time traveling to the last day or the day after the last day I played and try to time travel day-by-day and catch up, ensuring I don't lose any villagers in the process. Hey, that's what I do, and for you, really just do what you feel like, if you don't want to time travel then don't, it's really up to you how you play and how the game is experienced

Whenever I’m worried about the date, I go BACK in time. Any time backward counts as only
One day.

Then, I close my eyes, travel back into the past. When I’ve safely arrived, I look the the map. 99% of times Ive been safe! No one has moved out and they rarely ping to move. It’s the safest way in my experience.

Good luck coming!!

That's what I said.
He has to go back, but more than a day.

PaperCat would need to go back to at least, the date they last played.

Weeks have gone by, and the game knows what date it is.

It's not like plot resetting, where the mayor can go forward to before 6.00 the next day, and nobody has left/moved in.

During the absent weeks, a villager could already be gone.
Going back a day, to yesterdays date won't stop that.

Last edited:
I take it like a ripped off a bandaid! I imagine this is the same feeling I will get when I am hiking and fall into a pit and am unable to escape and eventually die. Death! It's like ripping off a bandaid!

I'm taking another hiatus lol. I've kept note of the date I left Tinytree (October) so I'll just make sure to change the date before I log back on. However, I like being in the same year/time as the present when I play... and I'm just lazy to time travel up to January and go through all that snow that will definitely ruin my dirt paths. ToT

I just started again tonight after six months! It was scary, but the beautiful town ordinance helped reassure me it wouldn’t be like my Wild World days haha! I didn’t lose any villagers luckily.

Here's a fun fact:

When you Time Travel back, just keep going throughout the days until a villager asks to move. Tell them to stay and then you're free to travel whatever time to the future without any villagers deciding to move.

Back