• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tide Pod Challenge

I thought the meme was funny at first because it was one of those relatable thoughts that we've all had at one point, but for real I can't believe people are actually willing to eat them.

it started out innocently with like 'forbidden snacks' but at this point its just natural selection

I guess tide pods are just...cleaning the gene pool.

But seriously, if you're stupid enough to eat something like laundry detergent, I have no sympathy. Tide pods are just cleaning up the people who should have been stains in the first place.

keep them up keep them closed keep them safe

I really thought this was a joke when I heard of it like.. how does something this stupid actually start lol Tide pods are definitely not on the "inedible things that look edible" list imo, I mean they're bright orange and blue they're literally the colors of poison
dFxtnCI.jpg

So this is how humanity ends - in a desperate attempt to get likes. Good riddance.

But seriously, if you're stupid enough to eat something like laundry detergent, I have no sympathy. Tide pods are just cleaning up the people who should have been stains in the first place.

Yeah. I mean if you are that dumb to even join in.. just yeah go ahead I'm not gonna pay your hospital bills lol

yes those are delicious (are these still a meme?)

psa: if you think ppl are actually eating tide pods , no , its just a meme.

and if you have eaten tide pods bc you thought it was an actual challenge then you are dumb as ****

Last edited:
1970: "I think we'll have flying cars in the future!"

2018: Kids literally eat poison because they think it's cool

Seriously, humanity brought lots of crazy trends/challenges in the past, but this? This is by far
the dumbest sh** ever.

in all honesty, they do look tasty

but i'm not stupid enough to actually eat one and i'm not saying they ARE tasty.
they just look tasty.

i haven't used or owned tide pods so i don't know very much about them (except that they are poisonous and you should eat them)

c'mon. if anyone wants to or is planning to eat a tide pod, don't! from what i've heard, it burns your insides.

Last edited:
Tbh I don't think it's as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be. If anything, them covering it made it worse than it was. But no one has even died from this challenge yet they're talking like kids have. There's literally only been 8-10 deaths from tide pods since 2012 and 2 of them were toddlers and the rest were seniors with dementia. I mean, if you watch the videos then it's pretty easy to see that they're just popping it in their mouths and spitting it out.

Last edited:
i haven't used or owned tide pods so i don't know very much about them (except that they are poisonous and you should eat them)

c'mon. if anyone wants to or is planning to eat a tide pod, don't! from what i've heard, it burns your insides.

Also vomiting blood, can cause a coma and death.

I mean... isn't this just natural selection for people?

All joking aside though, don't eat tide pods, it's pretty obvious it's bad, even if you don't die it can result in serious injury.

Simply put, people need to stop paying so much attention to stupid stuff like this (yes, even the jokes) and kids will stop doing it. They grew up in a generation where all they want to do is post online to get views and likes. I think we all need to re-evaluate ourselves and think about the harm we might be doing while joking about this stuff. Set an example. I get what people are saying about natural selection, but children don't have fully developed brains and they love doing things for attention.

Tbh I don't think it's as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be. If anything, them covering it made it worse than it was. But no one has even died from this challenge yet they're talking like kids have. There's literally only been 8-10 deaths from tide pods since 2012 and 2 of them were toddlers and the rest were seniors with dementia. I mean, if you watch the videos then it's pretty easy to see that they're just popping it in their mouths and spitting it out.

Maybe. They are still stupid and not a good example of doing fun things. I mean yea some may just spit out but for people not thinking that far it could be very dangerous, but yeah sure if they wanna get their tum pumped and getting other serious injuries, go ahead.

Also why would I ever want that detergent in my mouth... Seriously it's dumb regardless the outcome or if people fake.. :/

Back