• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Tide Pod Challenge

i'll admit i kind of want to eat one, though obviously i'm not going to. alternatively, i poke them with pointy sticks

I feel that the whole tide pod thing is extremely stupid. I know when I say things like this I sound so 'serious' to people, but I just feel like you should never joke about anything that involves someone hurting themselves or dying, even if it's just a possibility. I find it extremely immature & I find the memes pretty stupid too. I know many others have a different opinion than I do, & that's fine, but this is just how I feel about it.

I don?t dine on the Tide. And as funny as the meme is, I feel sorry for the people who actually put that in their mouth. Natural selection I guess :/

Can this trend DIE? If it doesn't stop, people will literally start dying themselves. I'm serious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

After the set yourself on fire ?challenge?, I?m not really surprised at what dumb kids seeking attention will come up with next.

I must have missed this. People were actually setting themselves on fire just to get attention? Kids these days are worse than I thought, and I feel weird saying this since I'm just 17. (Although, I will be 18 in just a week and a half!)

at first I was wondering why so many people were talking about tide pods, and I found out it was a meme. It's not even funny, smh.

Call me rude, I don't care, but I don't feel bad for the people who got sick by WILLINGLY eating a tide pod. it was their choice, why would they eat a laundry detergent for the giggles? I saw a video where one dude actually put the Tide bleach or whatever on top of the tide pod like it was a syrup or whatever and actually ate it.

the only good memes so far is the spaghet and the Ugandan Knuckles meme. stupid trends like this should have been left in 2017

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can this trend DIE? If it doesn't stop, people will literally start dying themselves.

Too late, people have already died from this

Condolences my dudes

Was that really a thing?

Yup, a mother even recorded her son dousing himself in nail polish remover and lighting himself up in a tub. Wasn?t as popular as other challenges, so I guess that?s a silver lining.

Last edited:
Wtf this is dumb ****

No one in their right mind would eat a frickin tide pod MEANT FOR THE WASHING MACHINE

idk :// i just feel like everyone in this thread is knocking the fine dish before they even try it? like??? lol hippocrates..

Why did anyone (besides a baby) think eating a Tide pod was a good idea? Does Tide really need to make teenager-proof containers now?

Who would in their redinkulous minds would even dine on Tide pods? For eel?

Who in their right minds even started the trend LET ALONE RECORDED THEMSELVES EAT THEM? (You gotta be squidding me!)
It?s almost the equivalent of drinking BLEACH. (Maybe less deadlier, but still harmful nonetheless)

The fact that people actually follow this trend is kraken me up.

I fully endorse This post because you said the name of my favorite Splatoon 1 song.

Its re-don-ku-lus that squiddoes would think it's ok.. like I don't get how ppl round my age are this dumb~ like no one I know would do this because we're not That dumb amirite

Now if I saw pearl or marina eat a tid pod...

Why did anyone (besides a baby) think eating a Tide pod was a good idea? Does Tide really need to make teenager-proof containers now?

Better do, some teens and babies have the same kind of intelligence when it comes to eating stuff it seems

If anyone who has the intelligence levels necessary to understand WHY eating a highly concentrated form of laundry detergent is a bad idea and does it anyway, just...let Darwinism do its job.

i actually saw an image taken from a store that had the tide pods (and maybe other laundry soap) not only behind glass doors (like walmarts video games) but also in a magnetic security box. The fact that LAUNDRY SOAP has to be locked away like this is just....

I mean, they do look tasty, though I'm not stupid enough to eat one. There was a post somewhere that explained why. Also today I learned there are a variety of entertaining memes regarding this subject lol.

0a7.jpg

i actually saw an image taken from a store that had the tide pods (and maybe other laundry soap) not only behind glass doors (like walmarts video games) but also in a magnetic security box. The fact that LAUNDRY SOAP has to be locked away like this is just....

...one ****ed up world.

like really, why does like kids/teens/young adults whatever have in their mind to do this..? Like.. yeah sure that generation is the future lmao.. not..

they don't even look that good honestly. kind of like the gross hard candy That One Old Neighbor gives out on halloween that everybody throws out

Ah, Tide pods....Once a laundry detergent pod, now a nice snack which will either kill you or cause serious health issues.

As the years go by, Humanity gets dumber and dumber and dumber...Isn't that just great?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Guys, I seriously think some of "us" (Human association with these people makes me sad and I dont even consider them to be Humans.) are devolving.

Last edited:
Back