• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Tide Pod Challenge

Mink777

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So, a lot of people are dining on Tide now. It appears to be the new trend.

What are your thoughts on this trend? Have you eaten a pod? Do you plan on eating a pod?

Last edited:
So, a lot of people are dining on Tide now. It appears to be the new trend.

What are your thoughts on this trend? Have you eaten a pod? Do you plan on eating a pod?

Okay if anyone here even wants to eat a pod or has tried? Stop it. Get some help. You can die. It was a funny joke that's been blown way out of proportion. It's not a 'trend' and people need to stop taking it seriously.

While I'm on a pretty high level of stupid, even I'm not just that stupid. I'd rather just eat shampoo!

I find it incredibly hard to feel sorry for people who get sick or even die because of stupid stuff like this. When they get sick they'll be expecting free healthcare. Should just leave 'em.

At first I thought it was just a new joke or new target in memes, but I'm literally seeing pictures of stores having to lock them up because kids have been buying them and eating them. It baffles me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay if anyone here even wants to eat a pod or has tried? Stop it. Get some help. You can die. It was a funny joke that's been blown way out of proportion. It's not a 'trend' and people need to stop taking it seriously.

I agree, however I think it's still deemed a trend. A stupid trend, but still a trend lol

Who would in their redinkulous minds would even dine on Tide pods? For eel?

Who in their right minds even started the trend LET ALONE RECORDED THEMSELVES EAT THEM? (You gotta be squidding me!)
It’s almost the equivalent of drinking BLEACH. (Maybe less deadlier, but still harmful nonetheless)

The fact that people actually follow this trend is kraken me up.

It's really dumb, and it's just following in the steps of all of the other stupid things, like the ice and salt challenge where people were burning their skin off and having to get medical treatment, or the Kylie challenge where people were busting their freaking lips being idiots, and even more horribly the challenges where they end with the person(usually an impressionable child) hurting themselves or others, and sometimes ever going as far as killing themselves...

The whole Tide Pod thing started because there are a lot of "I want to eat this" blogs and instas and stuff, saying how they wish they could eat _____(non-food item) cause it just looks chewy or delicious, or reminiscent of candy, but they know, and put disclaimers saying DO NOT EAT THESE, I WOULD NOT EAT THIS IRL. It's the same kind of thing as seeing lava and wishing you could plunge your hand into it because it looks so cool.

So people were doing the thing where they were making food including Tide Pods, just as a meme, but not actually eating them(like the pizza covered in Tide Pods). Then someone took it further, and tried to actually eat one, then it became a challenge. People are getting sick, and it's really stupid, but like all dumb challenges and things of this nature it's not going to end for a while and a bunch of people are going to get really sick, or worse. I just hope this trend dies off sooner rather than later, and kids stop feeling the need to do really dumb things that cause them harm just for the slim chance of "likes" or "views."

Some people being dumb as usual.

Nope, I would rather eat a bag of my hamster's food.

I always wanted to eat one as a kid, but I was REALLY stupid as a kid. Like, I misread diagonals as Die-ah-gone-nels on a test and began to meltdown because I didn't know what it was. That stupid.
Now, I'm not that stupid anymore(I mean, I still am but that's besides the point) and I don't actually want to eat a Tide Pod. I joke about it, but don't act on my jokes.
Now, do I blame(especially young) people? Depends. For people 10 and younger, they look like candy. The colors don't help- MAKE THEM MONOCHROM AND WE'D PROBABLY BE EATING DISH SOAP INSTEAD(tis a joke at the end of that statement). But 11 and up. Stop and use that Tide Pod to wash your crusty socks. Because you know you need socks to go outside and you need to leave your house eventually.

Oh look, it's 2018 and there's still dumb challenges like this which are nowhere near funny.

not surprised tbh it's to be expected at this point. people just need to stop, like really you'd wanna die for views/likes?

thats kind sad

Wait...this is serious? I assumed it was a joke, a meme, etc. I didn't know people were actually doing this as a trend. I'm ashamed in this generation but was sort of expecting something like this.

After the set yourself on fire “challenge”, I’m not really surprised at what dumb kids seeking attention will come up with next.

Here lies humanity, succumbed to extinction by temptation of the delicious tide pods. May they rest in peace and idiocy.

I think it's ridiculous people are actually doing this, yet I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one whose ever thought they look like candy.

Anyone who does this challenge is on a whole new level of stupid. If some kid is stupid enough to partake in this challenge because "its the new challenge" they are dumb af. I feel no sympathy for the ones who have to go to the hospital. Seriously in 2018, people are eating fking laundry soap cause "its trending". They lack brain cells.

The only tide pod challenge I will partake in is throwing one in my washing machine to do laundry.

Back