• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you decorate your houses with villager pictures?

Bluebellie

Apple 🍎
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Melancolia
Red Envelope
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
I feel like I have to decorate my houses with them. And I can?t have more than one in a room. Is this The case with you guys? If the villager is in my town, then they need pictures.

I do sometimes! Only if I really like the villager though and if their picture frame color matches the room, for example I don't like having one super colorful item in a dark room because it sticks out too much :p

No.
I throw the pictures away.

They give them away on April Fool's Day, taking away any special meaning like they had in WW, where a villager gave you their picture ONCE.

It means nothing now.

It varies. One of my main rooms is very symmetrical, comfy, tasteful (for me) and even got an attaboy from HHA. and has all that town's varmints pics. All the pictures, including Blanca, Katie, and that annoying rabbit whose name I can't recall are just taking up space in a few museum rooms. A few times, when expecting a scheduled visitor, I have placed his/her picture in a prominent place to see what reaction it would elicit but, not once, ever, has any varmint even noticed. I don't do that any more. In fact, I'll go ahead and agree to a time and turn off the DS and play on another to avoid the pest. They never take the hint... P.S. I like to read what's written on the back of each pic.

Last edited:
The pictures from villagers I really like are always a pleasant surprise when I get them, I usually only display them if the frame color matches my room theme (right now I have Marshal's set up in my Pave room) but if the villager is a favorite of mine it doesnt always matter :)

I do sometimes! Only if I really like the villager though and if their picture frame color matches the room, for example I don't like having one super colorful item in a dark room because it sticks out too much :p

Me either! I like them to match perfectly! However each and every character needs to be in a room. I have about four set up, only 6 more to go!

- - - Post Merge - - -

No.
I throw the pictures away.

They give them away on April Fool's Day, taking away any special meaning like they had in WW, where a villager gave you their picture ONCE.

It means nothing now.
But they are so cute to decorate though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It varies. One of my main rooms is very symmetrical, comfy, tasteful (for me) and even got an attaboy from HHA. and has all that town's varmint's pics. All the pictures, including Blanca, Katie, and that annoying rabbit whose name I can't recall are just taking up space in a few museum rooms. A few times, when expecting a scheduled visitor, I have placed his/her picture in a prominent place to see what reaction it would elicit but, not once, ever, has any varmint even noticed. I don't do that any more. In fact, I'll go ahead and agree to a time and turn off the DS and play on another to avoid the pest. They never take the hint...

Is it possible for them to react? :O
That’d be great!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The pictures from villagers I really like are always a pleasant surprise when I get them, I usually only display them if the frame color matches my room theme (right now I have Marshal's set up in my Pave room) but if the villager is a favorite of mine it doesnt always matter :)

Aww I’ve never had Marshall but I secretly want him ! Though he never matches my town theme. His picture would look cute with the pave!

DBdbpRI.jpg
I usually save one room just for villager pics but I also display a few of them in the main room or wherever else I might have space for them.

yep! if i want more than one villager pic in a room i would want the same colour of the border of it though

Yeah, but only if villagers I’ve had that I really liked.

I used to decorate my house with a lot of pictures,and I was always very worried to not have enough space to put all the villagers pics out. So in the end my house was just a big mess and didn’t look as cute as I wanted. xD now I learned to not be so strict, and I just put out a couple of them. All the others I keep them safe in my closet. This way, I have room to to put actual nice furniture and cute items in my house!

Just for the HHA points. I have a couple up right now since they're the first pictures I've gotten in my main town and they are from my two favorite villagers. But mostly, if I have a picture displayed, it's because I'm working on HHA points.

I only really put one or two images in different rooms, I got too many though and its a shame I gotta hide them away in drawers. It would be cool if we were able to hand them up like we do with paintings.

I do have villager pictures scattered throughout my house. Only villagers who currently live in town are displayed; NPC and moved villager pictures are in a room in the Museum (along with trophies and non-reorderable clothing I odn't want to wear).

I've set them up randomly, except for the two in my suite upstairs - my favorite villagers, Beardo and Dizzy, are on a table. The others are tucked here and there, where they look nice.

I decorate with them if I have a little extra table space left over that needs a cute ornament, they are very pretty! A great way to pay tribute to your favourite animals. :)

Last edited:
I do but only in my mayor's house. I've always liked keeping a picture of each of my permanent residents in my house (although some of them turned out to be not so 'permanent'). For awhile I wanted to have at least 1 in each room but ultimately the color of the frames made me decide to just distribute them into the rooms that they matched the best - which was at times difficult because so many of them have that stark blue or green frame D; So now there's pics in all my rooms except my basement 'cause they just don't work in there. Boots is the only one who might work 'cause he has that awesome brown picture frame but he matches better in a different room anyway. As a random note I really wish the update would have included making it an option to hang their pics on the wall.

Oh yeah and I deliberately keep only Pietro's pic in my main room since he's my favorite. :cool:

I've been working on my town for like 4 years now (lol) and my dream has always been to make a room dedicated to all the villager pics I have. Hopefully its something I will do soon! Ive been thinking of ideas and trying them out on happy home designer lol because I want it to be creative

im putting pictures in one of my houses for the quotes lol but no i don't put up villager pictures i get from my villagers. i used to but ever since i've stopped playing the game normally w like daily chores and whatever i've stopped caring

Back