• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

trypophobia

namiieco

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6908-4747-6475
do you have it?
it's the fear of holes. just search if up if you're not sure.

i just saw a picture of lots of holes and now i feel really lightheaded.

i don't think people are afraid of the holes themselves. just subconsciously associating the patterns with dangerous things, with beehive-like patterns, or things that look like blisters on the skin, or other diseased things. especially with the disease hoaxes floating around on the internet, i think the fear may have developed in some people because of that.
of course this isn't my study, i just agree with it. personally when i see a picture of holes i think of a beehive, then bugs, then parasites, then parasite markings in the skin, blisters, and then i feel gross

- - - Post Merge - - -

but then again, people can be afraid of anything. i myself have "strange" fears and holes can look really weird and unsettling anyway, so i wouldn't exactly dismiss it.

Last edited:
I'm not afraid of patterned holes or anything but it depends on what it's depicted on. Like photoshopped on skin or something of that nature then yeah it makes me queasy because, like cammy said, it makes me think of a disease xx

I learned more about this phobia from American Horror Story but I don't possess the phobia.

Well as other people have said, if you overlay beehive-like holes on human skin then it creeps me tf out, and even though it's much creepier than other skin lacerations, I don't think it has much to do with the holes themselves. (And now I'm imagining the feeling of running my hand down an arm that's full of those holes! Ugh!) I also feel kind of shivery when I see really cracked surfaces (including the earth etc.) which I think is kind of related, but I can shrug it off. :>

certain images bother me but i definitely don't get all sweaty or panicky by any means. some are just disgusting. tbh, i feel like anyone could be disgusted or scared of some of the images that come up when you google trypophobia. i can't imagine actually having the phobia, it must be terrible

Not really. Those AHS scenes made me uncomfortable, but without the horror framing I'm fine.

Eh, not really. My bio teacher once showed us some images of large holes in hands and I was like, this is kind of weird but I wasn't freaking out like some of the people in that class. Turns out it was photoshop that made the pattern and that it's fake

It makes me shiver, I can't look away but it just messes me up. I dunno what it is. So I'm not sure if I have it. Things like popcorn on ceilings/walls and constant bumps really make me uncomfortable though.

I don't like things with high contrast, so if it was lots of black holes against a bright green or something (like a lotus seed pod eurhg), I'd feel a little uncomfortable... like the sudden feeling that you have to take a crap lmao. But just lots of tiny holes like in sponge cakes or facial pores, that kinda stuff, doesn't bother me.

What it is is maggots homing inside your body, and they make holes for a reason I don’t know why.

It just makes me quiver in small fear.

I don't really have the fear, but sometimes looking at those edited or photoshopped images gives me a disturbing feeling.

small, patterned holes have always scared me since I was little. I always imagined bugs crawling out of them. It's weird since I wouldn't consider myself deathly afraid of bugs too--

Doesn't bother me too much. I love the honeycomb pattern. Although some creep me out, such at a shed tarantula skin. I imagine people with trypophobia hate lotus pods a lot.

I have it but it is not as bad now as i get older. i also used to have mild phobia of clusters of bumps or patterns that are uneven like corn kernels.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The worst things are those frogs that give birth theough holes in their back.

Sumerian frogs i think...

Back