• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you prefer villager amiibos in card or figure form?

Cards honestly. Easier to keep together and find in the album, although I do have some actual amiibo figure.

And yeah I agree since they'd probably get their own RV as well (Still is above my head why they never made one for Katrina and Luna...)

I prefer the amiibo figures. They're easier to not misplace and they're better at showing off that you like a game enough to have figures.

Cards. Although I have a couple dozen figurines, the several hundred cards I own are in a box that do not require DUSTING. EDIT: This got me to remembering that I have only one ACNL figurine and it's Tom Nook. The other 24 are Mario, Super Smash Bros, etc. They are mostly just decorative but can be used with the DS(). That's how I got Wolf Link to move in. In my local area, the only ACNL figure I ever saw was Tom Nook. Also, at no time have any stores carried even the cards so it's been all Amazon or Best Buy. My favorite is an arms folded and scowling Donald Duck from some Disney collection.

Last edited:
6 cards for for 6 bucks vs 6 figures for 60 bucks?
I’ll go with the cards.

I like the cards better. Easy to look after them and when I do get figurines I wouldn't know where to put them. I wouldn't mind having figurines of villagers I like though.

I like the cards better. Easy to look after them and when I do get figurines I wouldn't know where to put them. I wouldn't mind having figurines of villagers I like though.

I just keep mine in a cupboard and takes them out for use when I need their stuff I guess. At least they don't get dusty.

Cards, the figures would be far too expensive. $10-$15 per villager? No thanks.

Definitely cards. As others have said, it's much easier to keep track of cards, either in an album or box. The figures are cute, but they also are a bit clunky and take up a fair bit of space.

I just keep mine in a cupboard and takes them out for use when I need their stuff I guess. At least they don't get dusty.

True, though I don't really have alot of space in my room XD Got too much stuff. I keep my cards in a folder. Its nice flicking through and looking at them from time to time.

True, though I don't really have alot of space in my room XD Got too much stuff. I keep my cards in a folder. Its nice flicking through and looking at them from time to time.

yeah i meant my amiibo figures, the cards are in the official albums although i have cards from many series not only from 2 and 4 which the albums are for.

Cards feel like the more convenient option to me although at the same time they can be pretty easy to lose (at least in my case). They can fit into a smaller space and it's neat.

I wouldn't mind having a few figures around either though since many of them look so sweet.

I remember before Amiibo came out - 2013, 2014 - how many people all over the web would say how much they wanted Bob as a figure. It was always about Bob. All about Bob!

If they would have figurines would they really make allllll the villagers? Can you imagine?

Could you imagine people collecting figures like Pop! Figures? If they made all villagers there would be collectors/scalpers hoarding the dreamies...but on the other hand it would get new people into Animal Crossing. I?ve seen a few people who collect Amiibo get the Animal Crossing Amiibo eventually.

I vote for cards. They do not collect dust. My Mabel figure fell down yesterday and her nose is scuffed.

See my other thread - Welcome Amiibo cards have WAY more quality items than any of the Amiibo figures.

#GiveUsKKCap

I have all the figures, and all 50 series 5 + the items. ^_^

I like both the figures & the cards, but its not practical to have all villagers made into figures.
I have a feeling/hope that there may be more to come - if there is a Switch AC game then I'm sure they will print more cards/make more figures.

I prefer the figures for the special characters like isabell, celeste,k.k,etc cause you can bring there rv to the campsite with the figure and the card you cannot but if they made it to where you can bring the rv with the cards then I would prefer cards cause its easier to keep up with.

Last edited:
I prefer both but only because the figures are SO nicely made. My favorite has to be Celeste - her bow is awesome. But cards are definitely more affordable and take up less space in my already crowded apartment.

Back