• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are MacBook Pros worth it?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
A lot of people at my university have the 13 inch model. Do you think they are worth the price? I personally don?t think so, unless you?re a huge fan of the UI, screen resolution and aesthetics. Other than that you can get PC with specs twice as good for the same price or cheaper.

I've always been a PC person, it's just my preference because I grew up with PCs and when I'm put in front of a Mac I don't feel comfortable. But everything is personal preference, if someone who has it thinks it's worth it, then it's worth it to them. I game so I prefer PC. =]

Not really, most Apple products are way overpriced, however I do prefer iOS interface and menu system oh phone, but not computers really and since I do other stuff than caring for aesthetic(tm) and weird menus I would rather get a PC (unless you got way too much to spend on a designer laptop that is lol)

More of a PC person myself.

I'm no major techy, but it feels more personal and easier to handle. Apple products as a whole are very beautiful and smooth, but in the long run I feel much more comfortable with PCs. Plus, they're more affordable, which goes very far being a college student, as these colleges are robbing us blind already lol. And you can customize them however you want, so if you need to expand your space or get new ram sticks in the future, you can!

Just my opinion though c:

Last edited:
id rather use a macbook because i’m used to it so to me yes i would say they are but to most people probably not

I prefer PC because I mainly use my computer for programming. When I still had MacBook all my classmates and teacher in my computer science class would use PC and it was always causing me problems because I couldn't use the same sourcecode editors as them. I also feel like MacBooks are just way too expensive and not that much better than a lot of PCs.

I use PC for all my heavy gaming and a Macbook for all my work, It does amazing with adobe products and It's very convient for me if i'm traveling and need my laptop to submit or do classwork for college or out and about, My PC despite being IMO the best still gives me issues from time to time and my macbook RARELY ever does so it's again, Very nice for college work because If I was working on something on my pc and had a power surge I'd be pretty upset if not for my surge protector if you don't have one.

They're good laptops, but they're largely a waste of money if you don't do any content production that can take advantage of macOS. Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro are undeniably great pieces of software, but I see the vast majority of people with Macbooks use them for Twitter machines which is just a poor use of upwards of $1200.

I used it for university. It was great, especially the fact it could last all day. The only issues I had was it was easier to create PowerPoints on a PC, and certain modifications on word.

It was worth the money at the time, however after four years of a beating it died. Now I hardly use a computer so it isn't worth the money to get a new one.

I got my MacBook Pro about 5 years ago because I was a digital media student and a lot of the programs I used were more compatible with Mac. The one thing I can say makes Mac somewhat worth the price is it’s lifespan and it’s customer service.

I only had one issue with my Mac and it happened last summer. I take good care of everything I own, so I never had to deal with sending something in for repairs. However, I desperately needed a laptop since I don’t have a desktop and having to go to school just to work on assignments was a pain. I decided I had to have my laptop repaired since I wasn’t ready to invest in a new one. I was trying to avoid a visit to the Apple store because I assumed they’d ask for an arm and a leg. So I first went to some generic computer repair shop and they insisted my hard drive was dead, but I had doubts because I never did anything excessive on my MacBook and it shut down so suddenly, nothing really led up to it. I didn’t trust their diagnosis and decided I should probably go to an Apple Store.

They effortlessly found the problem, it was a fried wire or something and they replaced it for only about 7 bucks. The first place I went was asking for hundreds of dollars, lol.

But yeah, that anecdote doesn’t change the fact that I think MacBooks are overpriced nowadays. Especially if you don’t plan to do stuff that runs significantly better on a Mac. I think a lot of the notebook computers in the market are just fine if not better in most cases, especially when it comes to price. Apple has been disappointing me lately, I prrsonally think they are nowhere near as innovative as they once were, and the only thing they have going for them is their brand equity.

TL;DR Nah, not worth it.

Last edited:
Honestly, it really depends on your financial standings. If you have the money for it then I'd definitely say go for it. I have one myself that I use for college and it's really great. But, if you aren't financially stable enough to get one then you could definitely find a comparable one for much cheaper.

Last edited:
I?ve honeslty preferred Apple computers over PC. Especially for drawing and such. It handles it better than my PC. Plus it?s harder for my Apple to get viruses than it is for my PC (which is constantly getting viruses from websites and applications). Though PC is better for gaming and such, My Apple sucks at that. My Apple is 5-6 years old so it?s starting to really crash and freeze a lot more, especially with the update. I was wanting an Apple desktop, those handle better than the laptops. Though I prefer android phones over Apple. I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus (because my Note 4 broke and my el cheapo broke too) and honestly it?s ok. I?m not too fond of it and I?m not planning on ever getting the iPhone X nor 8. It?s just a waste of money in my opinion. It?s the same concept over and over again. I do want the Note 8. I loved using my notes to draw. But recently I?ve liked to draw on the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil. It?s more smoother than the Note?s S-pen (in my opinion) and it?s better than the pen that works for the new PC.. so for art I might just stick to iPad, then my Apple laptop would be for photoshop and browsing the web, and my phone is just an ?on the go? type of deal (that?s what I?m using to be on the forums right now lol). I only want my desktop/laptop to be Apple and the iPad. For my phone I honestly don?t care what I have as long as I can call, text and take pictures. Heck I had a flip phone temporarily after my Note 4, but then my son broke it.. My iPhone is currently cracked thanks to my son and husband. I have yet to drop this phone, well without the case, and make a crack on it myself. Most of the cracks are on the glass screen protector with only a few on the actual screen. >.> thanks hubby. He KNOWS he?s the reason for it being cracked too. Which is why he hasn?t gotten mad at me for having it cracked. Though my Note was my fault and my son?s XD

if you're a PC person, you're a PC person. don't get a computer you know you won't like.
i'm personally a mac person, PCs just drive me insane. to me a mac is worth it, but if there are things that you don't like about them, don't waste your money.

Back