• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET AMIIBO CARDS

I bought all mine on Ebay.
I was lucky enough to find a seller who gave me great deals.

You can pick them up for as little as $1.

There are those who take advantage of the shortage, and charge absurdly high prices for just a single card. :-/

I know! I'm lucky that I only have one and I got that out of Happy Home Designer?? A PRE-OWNED Happy Home Designer.

Well you can get the WA cards from amiami sometimes if you don't mind em being Japanese for like idk 2-3 bucks each pack although you can only order 9 at once for now I think.

The regular might be harder or easier to find depending on where you live. I got most of mine from GameStop or this retro game store here.

There was a massive sale a few months ago here and I got a bunch of series 2 & 3 packs (3 cards a pack here) for about a dollar each so I went nuts. I bought a few individual ones on ebay after that :( managed to get some series 4 cards in Japan, but there weren't many left there either @_@

I bought all mine on Ebay.
I was lucky enough to find a seller who gave me great deals.

You can pick them up for as little as $1.

There are those who take advantage of the shortage, and charge absurdly high prices for just a single card. :-/

One dollar? ._. I remember Marshal and Wolfgang both respectively going for $40. It's hard to find any under $5.

That's an incredible bargain.

That was a year ago, when I bought the game.
I've always had Wolfgang in WW, and had to have him in NL.

Though crankies a mere shadow of their former selves in NL. :(

That was a year ago, when I bought the game.
I've always had Wolfgang in WW, and had to have him in NL.

Though crankies a mere shadow of their former selves in NL. :(

Aye. I just let my Wolfgang leave today. He sent me a very touching letter, and his picture.
It was the first one I've ever gotten. I hadn't expected it, but it was bittersweet.

Well I haven't paid out $40 for a card but I have bought a few singles that I really wanted (like Apollo) for between ?3 and ?5 on ebay - ?5 equates approx. to US$7 & Aus$9 - not what I wanted to pay but I did get the card. Its cheaper than buying a pack of cards, with no idea of who I would get & quite likely with ones I already had - in the UK the retail price (for series 1-4) was ?3.49 for 3 cards of which only 2 would be villagers.

I found the whole thing a real expensive frustration , I haven't got full sets of any of the cards series 1-5, but have enough.
The san rio cards were a total surprise for the UK (& presumably for all of Europe) we got all 6 in a single pack - amazing we got given anything at all - the bummer tho is other countries did not. This have & have not scenario is horrible.

If I was after cards now I would look at ebay & possibly the custom cards (made up cards on etsy). Only problem I have with the latter is I have only found US sellers and the postage is an extra ?10+ making it untenable. But I'm not looking, as said I have enough to keep me happy.

I usually buy mine on eBay. Tier 2 and blow usually go for ?2-?5. Top tier 1 villagers can be as high as ?15.

The amiibo card situation is depressing, to be sure. I managed to snag Marshal, Ankha, Francine, and Merengue for about $2 each before the big update came out and there was a black market for them. Then, I scoured eBay every day until I found Diana for $5 and all 6 Sanrio villagers for $35. I got Stitches and Rosie from Amiibo Festival. Fauna was a gift for either my birthday or Christmas. Lucky and Julian came in random packs. Ketchup and June were harder, because they were WA villagers and therefore rarer and more expensive. I ended up paying a ridiculous $15 each for them. They don't even sell any amiibo card packs where I live, so the only option is to search around online and pay prices that are way too high. I can't quite understand why Nintendo made so few of the coveted cards.

Yeah same, although it seem Sanrio was supposed to be really LE, which was a really dumb move by them looking back considering what they sell for if at all.

My guess is that they are totally out of date. That’s probably why they don’t sell them anymore. Plus you can always buy certain amiibo cards alone by EBay and Amazon.

Back