WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET AMIIBO CARDS

My guess is that they are totally out of date. That’s probably why they don’t sell them anymore. Plus you can always buy certain amiibo cards alone by EBay and Amazon.

yeah unless you get very lucky and some game/gamestop/whatever games store or such got some leftovers. i've got a lot of series 3 and 4 and some 1 from gamestop but yeah the other are pretty much gone in my country at least.

yeah some are insanely overpriced.
the only cards i bothered buying were the sanrio pack

I came back to the game super late and missed the amiibo craze. I picked up some blind packs and also bought individual cards on eBay for 1-2 depending on the character. Some characters I bought unofficial cards for as I couldn’t justify the cost. I definitely think the amiibo cards are a gamble with the packs... I probably will stick to buying singles.

Yeah, except I’m in Canada and shipping was $15 Canadian. I cry. I bought my ankha and Chelsea cards from them. The cards are nice and work fine n

There’s a trading/selling group on Facebook. There are a bunch of members and new cards are available every day. It’s a rule that the maximum price is $5 for regular cards and $10 for Sanrio cards. I just bought 3 cards for a really good price! You should check it out. ^^

There’s a trading/selling group on Facebook. There are a bunch of members and new cards are available every day. It’s a rule that the maximum price is $5 for regular cards and $10 for Sanrio cards. I just bought 3 cards for a really good price! You should check it out. ^^

Can you share the name of the group? You can DM me if you want. I found so many groups on FB!

Can you share the name of the group? You can DM me if you want. I found so many groups on FB!
I’m just going to write it here for everyone’s convenience. :)

The name of the group is Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards Trading Group. It should be the first search result that pops up, and the group has 3,5K members. ^^

Has anyone heard if they're ever going to reprint them? Considering they only semi-recently updated New Leaf with the Amiibo characters, seems like it would be a good idea.

I buy mine from either ebay, target (they sell them online for like..$4 or $5 a pack?), or I get one occasionally from an etsy store, the one daisnewleaf mentioned. The pricing is absolutely ridiculous for the more 'popular' villagers on the real official cards (seriously, $40+ for marshal?? heck no. there's even one on ebay for like $80 omgg) so I have no problem buying fanmade cards :I

I recently bought a few blind packs of six for $5.99 from ToysRUs online, 1-4 series, and bought a few of my very favorites separately for about $6 each on ebay, so not too bad. Now I am trading here in TBT, and, except for my first trade where I got burned (always check wifi trade ratings), the rest of my trades have been quite satisfactory, and actually fun. Try it, you may like it!

EDIT: Looks like ToysRUs online still has the series 1-4 packs for $5.99, free shipping if you order $29. or more. And you can still buy cards on ebay for a decent price, comparatively.

Last edited:
I bought Katt's card two weeks ago, for $4.
I REALLY like her though. ^_^

I'm ashamed to say I've been buying Splatoon and Zelda amiibo's, just to get all the AC items.

I want to start giving out free visits when everything is finished in town, and the rest of the figures arrive.

I'd like to do that for you good folk. ^_^

I recently bought a few blind packs of six for $5.99 from ToysRUs online, 1-4 series, and bought a few of my very favorites separately for about $6 each on ebay, so not too bad. Now I am trading here in TBT, and, except for my first trade where I got burned (always check wifi trade ratings), the rest of my trades have been quite satisfactory, and actually fun. Try it, you may like it!

EDIT: Looks like ToysRUs online still has the series 1-4 packs for $5.99, free shipping if you order $29. or more. And you can still buy cards on ebay for a decent price, comparatively.

THIS. Yes. I got into ACNL a bit too late. I was fortunate that my local ToysRUs had several Series 1 and 4 packs, so I bought 5 packs each for $5.99 each. eBay tries to sell 3 unopened packs for $30! Pshhhh! Ridiculous. Occasionally ToysRUs still has some stock, so I would recommend people to snatch those up.

The other day, I managed to get 70 Series 3 cards, no duplicates, for $35+shipping. I jumped at that deal. Now I just try to buy my favorites individually.

Holy crap...going by this thread, I got super lucky. My amiibo adventure:

I started collecting amiibo cards back when HHD was released, and a lot of the series 1-3 cards were very cheap. This was before anyone knew there would eventually be an update for New Leaf. A friend of mine sent half of series 1 to me for free. During that time, I ended up ordering the complete Japanese series 2 and 3 sets for $55 and $80 dollars each from Amazon. After the update was released, I got a whole bunch of series 4 cards from ToysRUs during their 'buy 1 amiibo get two free' sale. I got some of the rare series 4 cards (Lolly, Stitches, Pietro) from there. I ordered a complete Japanese series 5 from Ebay for $80. Thanks to an unfortunate mishap with my local post office distribution center, I actually ended up ordering two series 5 Japanese sets, and sold one of them off, making my money back.

The Sanrio set was a complete surprise: when the the prices immediately skyrocketed on ebay after their release, I started searching around the net. I tried to get them from the game.uk site, but ended up having to cancel my order and get a refund. After searching around some more, I ended up bumping into a site called storenvy. To my surprise, someone on this site had a storefront selling all 6 cards for $12 total, included shipping. I ended up ordering 2 sets of six for both myself and a friend.

My sister had some points saved from a promotion on etsy, so she got me got nine custom cards for basically free using her points. I wanted them because its just easier for me to store cards rather than full amiibo figurines.

For the amiibo festival cards, I used TBT's amiibo card post office, and had wonderful experiences trading with other members here, LuciaMew and samyfav.

From there, finishing the collection was a breeze. Uusing both ebay/reddit, I bought or traded the few singles from series 1 and 4 that I still hadn't collected. For the 'rare' tier 1 cards, I used the 'rare' tier 1 dupes that I got from the ToysRUs sale for trading on reddit. For the tier 2-5 cards, I bought them as singles on ebay since they were less that $2 each.

-----

To OP and everyone else in this thread: If you can, trade your way to the cards you're looking for. It's better to trade than to buy at an outrageous price. In my experience, I can almost guarantee that someone out there has a card you're looking for if you have a card they want, and outside of standard postage, you won't have to pay a penny extra.

ToysRUs is a great source for the time being. Even if you don't find the cards you're looking for, you can trade the ones you get and don't want. I remember trading for Lucky, Rosie and Erik with dupes of tier 1 cards I got from TRU. Aside from standard postage, I didn't have to pay any more for popular cards than what I already did, because I had cards someone else wanted. TRU right now seems to be a reliable source for cards.

I didn't let language barriers stop me. My series 2, 3, and WA are all Japanese because I know all cards have the same info and work the same way, so language didn't bother me. That may be an issue for some people, but if you're willing to step outside of the language/region comfort zone, you can pretty much get whoever you're looking for pretty cheap. Besides, the way I look at it, the Sanrio cards don't look to be coming to America anytime soon, and they're not NA region. Now I will admit that for the sake of uniformity, I do have all cards in a single set be from the same region, but overall, my sets are from every region: Series 1, 4 & AF are NA, series 2, 3 & WA are JP, and Sanrio is EU.

TBT's amiibo Card Post Office was extremely helpful. Other places like moderated facebook groups, and reddit's amiiboswap sub are valuable and safe places to trade. From my experience, both the amiibo card post office and reddit's amiiboswap sub have a ratings system and active, helpful moderation. With those two places, I never had a trade go bad or wrong, and never had to deal with a scammer. With facebook, it depends on the group that you join. The group I traded with is now defunct, but there are plenty of others. Just make sure that whatever group you join is active, and most importantly moderated, with ratings for members. The only place I do NOT recommend you trade is tumblr. Tumblr was the only platform that I used where I ended up being scammed. I didn't really care since it was a like a tier 4 dupe, but if it hadn't been, I would have cared a lot. Stay away from tumblr trading or use at your own risk.

As for Sanrio, it's gonna be super hard, since they're like the most popular ones, but that's what I thought when I started looking for them. If anyone is interested you can try that storenvy shop I mentioned earlier. I don't wanna link it since I'm not sure whether or not it's against the rules, but just google the term 'storenvy', and search for peachybearsbabyshop. She's the one who sold them to me. Currently it looks like she's out of stock, but you can message her to see if/when she'll have more.

It took well over a year and a half, but I ended up completing my amiibo collection a little while ago in summer of 2017. I don't have the CP cards, but to be honest, I'm not really chasing after those. I hope this post doesn't come off as grandstanding. It's just that I had a ton of fun trading cards, and I want the experience to be as interesting and fun for other people as it was for me.

Happy card hunting. :)

Jeeze. I don't have very many, but I did get Julian. I just researched his price, and he sells for around 20 bucks. I had no idea.

I ended up buying some home made ones from etsy. Good price, well made, and work perfectly.

Back