• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How often do you cuss?

never!! I only curse in my head because if I said a bad word out loud I would feel bad.

The only time a curse word would slip out is if I'm really mad or something unexpected happens and it just slips out without me thinking.

One time when I was nine, I was singing Starships by Nicki Minaj and when I accidentally said motherf*** I felt bad about it for the rest of the day lmao, but obviously that was because I was nine

On here basically never

irl way way too much, in casual conversation I mean not in like situations where it's totally inappropriate but still I've been trying to tone it back as a personal favor 2 myself

whenever I'm in an environment when people won't get annoyed at me for swearing, all the time

Literally all the time. I used to keep my language filtered around family, but now that I've slipped up a few times I don't even care around them either. I don't care. They're just sounds coming from my throat nothing is real

I blame my cats.
Cats make you swear!

Stop using the $1500 sofa as a scratching post!

WHY did you pee on my head when I was asleep?

THREE TIMES (Tis true. Pebbles did that to me. Apparently it means she loves me. Can't she just lick my face? o_O)

Last edited:
I'm Irish XD
A lot. It's a stress relief for me so that's why :)

Lots, but only when I'm away from my family. My friends swear a lot in normal conversation, as do most of the people at my high school. It's at the point where if you don't swear, people don't really listen to what you have to say. So, I mentally adjusted myself to only curse at school. I'll also say bad words under my breath if I'm annoyed at a video game or if I get hurt. Never loudly though. If my parents heard me swear, I think they'd kick me out of the house.

I curse constantly around friends, though around family and others I try not to. Granted I'm not 18 yet and its a rule in my house to not curse around the parents but even then no one gives a... poop.

Very often. I only do it when I'm alone or with good friends of mine. Rarely, I joke around with my mom using swear words. (I'm greatful that she let's me swear occasionally.) I'm trying to tone it down a little though because sometimes I will almost let a word slip in front of my teachers. :/

Mostly when I'm gaming in PvP, but sometimes when I'm just frustrated it'll come out as well, but with select few people.

Way too much. SpongeBob taught me that cuss words were sentence enhancers and I've never gone back.

I try not to cuss, especially online because you never know how someone might take it.. like they could assume ya know, that I?m being aggressive or something? So I try to sound as polite as possible :eek: Though i also do the same in real life especially when I meet someone new. I don?t want to come off stand offish, I like to be polite. But when I?m with my husband I?m a major potty mouth xD It frustrates him sometimes. At first we were worried our son would be repeating the words I would say (since he?s at that stage) but turns out he?s learned that the words mommy sometimes says aren?t good so whenever I accidentally let one out he would tell me ?NO mommy! Don?t say that word!? The first time he told me that I was so shocked I let an f-bomb come out under my breath and he literally yelled at me to stop then told my husband on me ;o; Safe to say, I got scolded while our son got praised. So I refrain from cussing in front of him. So other than that I only cuss in front of my husband. I don?t mind if others cuss, I just try to keep mine at a bare minimum if I have to OR I try to use replacement words for the cuss. Also I use like the ?minor? cuss words like ?dammit? since I don?t really see it as a cuss word but I know others do (like my mother for example. She hates when I say that so I say it around her to annoy her XD yeah I?m that kind of ?adult?).

A lot. I think my friends and family have just accepted it as one of my "quirks" but lately I've been trying to swear less, or at least swap out the expletives for something a little less cutting.

In real life: often, but not all the time.
Online: Rarely.

While I tend to cuss way too much in real life, I try my best not to do it online to give a good impression.

Back