• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Most Interesting Thing You Have Found In Your House?

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Some people find stuff from their predecessors when they move in and some people lose and find weird things they forgot they had, have any of you guys found anything interesting in your house randomly?

Once I've lost something I've lost it but......

Nope. Don't think I've found anything xD

when my grandma died my parents brought home a bunch of her stuff and there were some interesting things there though most of her things were thrown away. i found an old and fancy shaving knife (i think?) which was kind of cool but it was really dull so it must have sucked to use lol. idk who it used to belong to, maybe my grandpa who died like 15 years ago because it sure didn't belong to my grandma.

Lol recently, my mom cleaned out her home office and we found like $300 worth of Starbucks gift-cards accumulated from several years ago XD It was a pleasant surprise-- and yes, it was awkward when we asked them a)how much was on the cards and b)to transfer them to one card ;-;

Lol recently, my mom cleaned out her home office and we found like $300 worth of Starbucks gift-cards accumulated from several years ago XD It was a pleasant surprise-- and yes, it was awkward when we asked them a)how much was on the cards and b)to transfer them to one card ;-;

Ughh I hate when people give me random gift cards and you have to guess/check how much is on the card, and it gets all awkward when you go shop and you have to add like $10 real money just because they didn't tell you the sum lol

Ughh I hate when people give me random gift cards and you have to guess/check how much is on the card, and it gets all awkward when you go shop and you have to add like $10 real money just because they didn't tell you the sum lol

True! Although I'm sure we knew how much was on them at one point, they were just really old XD Also, it seemed like my mom just randomly used some of them. So like, one card would have like $2.83 and another would have $20 XD

We bought some new furniture about 2 years ago and after a few months I decided to look under the couch cushions for the first time. For some reason there was some shovelware GBA game under there! I booted it up on my GBA and it still worked and there was a save file on the game. I played it for maybe 5 minutes out of curiosity but it absolutely wasn't mine or anyone else's that I know of. Not sure where the thing is now though...

A big Blue Tongue Lizard.
It had been living under my entertainment unit, and eating from my cats bowl.
I woke up and caught it eating!

My idiot brother was drunk, and forgot to tell me when he visited, he bought the lizard inside to show me, but it escaped and had been in the house for two weeks. O_O

We literally found torches and pitchforks in the attic :D
I (sadly) haven?t had a chance to use them yet, though.

Last edited:
Opened some ancient old drawer looking for some earphones. Found a LAPTOP.

That being said, it was old and rubbish and I later found out it didn't even work. Looks like some ancient piece of tech hidden from the Luddites to me.

I haven't found anything neat in any of my houses really, in one house I would randomly find labels everywhere, some of them were obviously useful, like in the linen closet there was a shelf labeled towels, sheets, etc etc, but I would find them in weird places too, like under my window sill, yes under, where you'd have to be on the floor to see it, was a label that said "window" and I thought it was really funny.

However after moving almost every other year to a new house, I start a tradition of leaving something behind in weird places in my houses on the last day we were there. I remember jamming a small toy into a small hole at one house, and I got a sticky lizard, kind of like those sticky hands you'd get from gumball machines, and I threw it up and got it stuck on the top of my closet, I wonder if the people who moved in ever found the things I left... I believe I also left a note in a crack of a baseboard in one of my old rooms too, I can't remember what I wrote, but it would be neat if people found them.

So I’ve found two interesting things.

The first one being my husband’s old video camera. One he’s had since he was about 10, his parents got him 2 video cameras but we must have left the other one when we moved out. So when I found this one I had him set it up to our tv to watch what was on it. And O.M.G. My husband at 10-12 years old was SUPER CUTE <3 He hardly ever recorded his face, and in all his old pictures he was always being goofy so there was no “good” pictures of him other than school photos. But anyways, he was the narrator and he was talking about how he’s going to play a prank on his sleeping mother. He set the camera down and recorded himself putting shaving cream on her face, he turns to the camera and smiles. I literally almost died from how cute he looked XD He was very dorky looking too but that’s the way I love him XD Anyways, his prank failed cause his mom was a heavy sleeper so after a minute into the video he’s like “ugh! Whatever, let’s look around the room” and it was just his randomness. Though I realized in that moment when he smiled to the camera that one day our son is going to look just like his father XD he already looks similar to his dad, but I always thought our son looked more like me until that very moment. It was a nice find c: it was the first time I saw his smile as a 10-12 year old.

The second thing I found were all my old CDs that I took from my mom. Those empty CDs that you burn stuff on to. I would take those cds back when I was like 10 or 11, and would do “voice casting” (yes embarrassing /.\ ) on them. I would record myself reading a script from my favorite anime at the time and do a fandub of it. Oh man was I dying of embarrassment when I loaded them on my computer /.\ luckily my husband wasn’t around because he sure would have teased me for it XD I found about 3 of those each with different characters. Oh man am I glad I didn’t post them on YouTube (which I was wanting to do) because honestly I SUCKED! ;o; then I found 2 other cds one with the Haruhi Suzumiya “how to dance” and then a video of me doing the dance /.\ once again GLAD my husband wasn’t around! The other had anime openings on it. That CD was the ONLY one I decided to keep /.\ I broke the others so no one would’ve able to access them and to save myself from more embarrassment....

Though finding these things made me realize that one day my son is probably going to have his own camera (not a smart phone and actual camera to record) and he will probably steal some of my blank cds (which I took from my mom XD she doesn’t use them and it’s what I did when I was 10-11 XD in my defense she would leave her room open and she was the one who taught me how to burn a CD ) and burn his videos on them. And honestly I want him to do it :) I’m that type of mom who likes to hoard all of his creations and stuff ;o; (pretty much like my mom) And even if he finds them embarrassing I know I’m just going to love it. Seeing my husband’s videos honestly made me hope that one day my son would do that too. Because it’s honeslty the memories that count (>///< my “voice acting” are NOT memories!). And it makes me happy knowing that one day he just might do the same as his parents did, I can’t wait to see the things he “documents”. (That was another thing my husband did as a child. His own documentaries on bugs he would find or his adventures with Killer, our Australian Shepherd who just recently passed away ;~; R.I.P. Killer)

Hmm, from the top of my head,

I remember being in maybe my preteens, when my mum, little brother, and myself came home to find one of our cats meowing at the door when we came in. She's usually pretty quiet (we even called her Princess for being "polite" and all, even when she was hungry). So it raised some concern, and we followed her. Turns out she was pregnant before! This was our first time having a pregnant cat, we simply thought she was getting chubby lol. We found her newborn babies in my mum's closet.

I don't know if that counts as much as finding some badass heirlooms, but this was precious anyway xD

Last edited:
Back