• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

At what age did you start thinking about the job you want to pursue?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
Do you think you were too young to be worrying about it at that time, or should you have had planned it out earlier?

I started thinking about it around 12-13. My school district kind of 'required' that you know what you want to do because you were expected to pick classes for high school that related to a profession you wanted :[ I'd say, while it wasn't necessarily too young, I do feel like it was a bit young to be expected to know exactly what you wanted to do ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hopefully that made sense xD

hmm...probably 14
i thought about jobs before, but i really thought about office work this time. the beginning of it was a bilingual secretary and to work somewhere like frankfurt. but germany scares me now..
i told me aunt about it and she told me about her secretary work at a hospital and how she loved it until she got CFS/ME and couldnt work anymore
and then my stepmother told me about how she loved working as one too and how she thinks im suited for a job like that
i went to court twice and i went through the offices and it looked like a very happy environment. i then thought about being a barrister's clerk and that's definitely what i want to do. my boyfriend also wants to be a private investigator and maybe i could work with him!

Around high school... I don't have any big dream jobs, but I know that I want to do something with service :blush:

Hahahahahaha. I still don't know to be honest. I picked direct entry into the business college at my university because I loved math and didn't want to be a math teacher. I then loved the human resources section. After convocation I did a year of human resources and didn't like it

I now purchase things for a research company. I don't love it but it gives me the flexibility to do the things I do love

For as long as can remember; pursuing to be an artist, have been loving art forever.

I guess now that I'm 21 I have to start thinking about it.. but I haven't decided yet even though I'm in school.

22, honestly

I mean all throughout my childhood I thought about what I should be when I grow up but I seriously started preparing for my chosen career at age 14.

I still haven't started thinking about it yikes
teachers put so much pressure on deciding so early on in highschool to the point where it's almost overwhelming, I just want to learnnnn man :,0 I envy people that grow up with specific passions and stick to them

Last edited:
I probably starting thinking about it when I started school, but didn't decide until I was about 18 or 19.

i started thinking about it around the beginning of highschool since we had to pick our gcses
i still don't actually know what i want to be. they made us have a meeting with the head of year before we picked our options for our gcse's to say if we should pick the subjects and whatever and what we wanted to be when we are older. they didn't help at all though.

Still no idea what I want lmao. I recently got an internship in a second hand/charity store though which I enjoy because my co-workers are good and they have pretty set routines and schedules; I really need that or I'll just run around like a ditzy squirrel

From a very early age I've wanted to become either a writer or a scientist. I'm now enrolled in college to become an engineer so I guess I was sort of right.

At 5 years. I wanted to be an artist.
At 16 years. Nothing has changed.

I think at around 10 or 11, I decided I wanted to do something in the computer science field but didn't know what.

Now, while this isn't necessarily a job, I have a desire to make something that'll allow me to work full-time on it. I have a general distate towards working for other people, and if possible I'd rather create my own jobs. Being a game developer would be really awesome and I'm already working on a fairly ambitious project, but there are some other fields I can go into as well.

When I was 3, I slammed my head into my fathers pc. Ever since then, I wanted to be a developer.

Back