• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Trading ? Boxes ?

mairekd

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Would someone mind explaining how trading works, what the different currencies are... basically any sort of link to a newbie guide or something would be very appreciated ! Thank you!

i will explain everything i know the best i can.
TBT = the bells under your username. this is also known as BTB (i think? some people refer to it as BTB instead of TBT) you get them from posting, forum events or on your bday.
IGB = in game bells. just bells from animal crossing
how to transfer TBT to another user

they may also want collectibles, or another villager. i will explain the latter later
about collectibles

how trading works
if you have 9 villagers in your town, and no spaces with anyone moving in (which is impossible unless you talked to a villager in a campsite to move in at some point) you can go to another town and talk to a villager "in boxes" which looks like this:
Deirdre_ACNL_Moving_Out.jpg

basically, it's just the villager on the day of them moving away.
if you are the buyer of the villager all you have to do is go into their house talk to them, and they will ask if they can move into your town.
after you say yes, it will take a few days unless you time travel for them to move in.
if they do not ask you for the chance to come into your town:
-you have 10 plots of villagers
-they have moved out of your town before. this is a little complicated. it's known as "the 16 villager cycle"
info on it here
this means they won't move in, or can't be moved out. so if this happens, tell the host about the issue so they can sell them to someone else, or keep them on hold for an amount of time.

giving your host/visitor feedback (this is not required)

trading another villager
let's say you have bob in boxes. someone wants bob and they are offering whitney for him.
one of you needs 9 plots for this to work. if you both have 10 plots, you'll be too full of villagers.
(if you have 10 villagers you trade yours first, then time travel, and then you have enough space to pick up theirs)
this is just both of you talking to a villager in eachother's town, one after the other. example: they open their gate, you go to their town and talk to whitney in her house, the trader then saves and quits the wifi session. and then you open your gates at the train station, the trader goes to your town, talks to bob in his house, then you save and quit the wifi session. all done!

other info:
-when a villager you want to sell asks to move out, the date they say they'll move out on is the day they'll be in boxes. for example:
fang: "i'm going to move out on february 22nd."
you: *time travels to february 22nd* fang on this date is in boxes.
warning: if a day goes past on this date, forward or backwards, the villager has moved out, and you can't sell/trade them. but after the trade is done you can safely time travel.
-if you have amiibo cards, the villager you choose to move out will be in boxes the moment wisp finishes up. so no need to time travel.
-there are also villager tier lists. tier 1 is the highest (referred to as "dreamies") and they usually go for a lot higher than villagers at lower tiers.
the most recent popularity list
-auctions are bidding on a villager, there's usually a buyout and always a time where the auction ends, and the person with the highest bid wins.
-information on cycling
-there are also giveaways! some people will give away villagers for free.
-people on here are very very nice, so if you want them to guide you through buying, trading or selling a villager i'm sure they will be happy to help you.

i think that's it. sorry if my words are really awful and it's hard to follow through with, hopefully i did a fine job at explaining :lemon:

Last edited:
This is so helpful omg thank you!! I feel so stupid haha. How does one time travel ?

This is so helpful omg thank you!! I feel so stupid haha. How does one time travel ?

when you boot up your game and isabelle is greeting you, you have a choice:
Screenshot_20180120_192707.png

you press "i need help first"
and then it takes you to this screen:
Screenshot_20180120_193011.png

you press set the time, and now you can set the date to whatever you want!
Screenshot_20180120_193530.png

this is very useful for when you want to sell a villager right after they say they want to move.
hope that helps too!

Back