• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Should My Next Town's Theme Be?

michealsmells

🎄❄️🌟
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
So, after a recent spike in my little funds, I now have enough to get a new copy of New Leaf! I'm hopefully gonna get it tomorrow so until then. I've been thinking about what I want my next town's theme to be? I know I want it to be pretty opposite color-wise from PixelsV2. Less color, more densely packed (as in more villagers this time around and probably more trees), and just generally kinda... uglier?

Now I wasn't sure if I wanted this to mean more of a dark urban theme or a dark meadow/forest theme. Which one sounds better to you? Personally I'm leaning toward dark-urban even though that sounds more difficult, but natural is always so fun and easy to do. I just wanna see what others think!

If I redid my town, I'd make it post apocalyptic, Walking Dead, or something equally dark.

would love to see a dark town that isn't straight up horror, muted colors/ dark urban could be really beautiful

I agree with the dark urban theme! I tried going with an apocalyptic theme with my second town, but it's quickly becoming a natural theme lol since it's a lot easier. I'd love to see what you come up with :D

Yeah I've been seeing a lot of horror towns around and I finally decided against it. I mean, what's the point of making the same town with the same villagers? I'd rather have somewhere that looks like Rasher would make his home there.

whatever you choose to do, just make sure you plan it out (if you want to of course) and stick to it because I bought my second copy of NL in November I think, and I still haven't had a second town last more than a week lol

This is probably gonna be the first time where I may possibly reset and delete a town to get something perfect on the first try... but I'm still gonna try and make it the best I can with what I can.

I agree with the dark urban theme! I tried going with an apocalyptic theme with my second town, but it's quickly becoming a natural theme lol since it's a lot easier. I'd love to see what you come up with :D

I would love to see this!!

Back