• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

tbt ruined this forum

A11yCat

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5177-8333-7319
Mailbox
Cake
a made up currency for only this website ruined the game for me. I used to work hard for bells and make friends and hunt on the island for beetles but now everyone only uses "tbt" for everything which you only get for having amiibo furniture or loved villagers...tbt bells are worthless and the bane of this game and forum.

Actually, You can get tbt by posting here on the forums or trading for them as well. I have never used amiibo or villagers to get them. All I ever do is post.

You can also get tbt by selling your igb.

Igb's value has changed since the amiibo update. With the ability to sell your town for a good price. People can usually get all the igb they'll need without the work. So it's become less of a demand in terms of payment. Tbt also saves people who have little igb to spend. But have accumulated enough tbt to spend by posting a lot.

I've never paid any attention to tbt. There's a lot in this game that I ignore, just as IRL. And, please, don't use the word everyone since it is never accurate.

Yeah, also the rate is pretty wonky so I very much prefer to pay in TBT/BTB rather than IGB unless it's like one smaller items for like 50k igb then I can do it, but yeah not paying 20 mill igb for a few items lol.

Please, no offense, because none intended, but how could TBT forums ruin your Animal Crossing game? What does working hard for bells, making friends and hunting for beetles on the island have to do with this forum or it's currency? I played New Leaf for 8 months before even considering joining this forum...I liked the game then and I like it now.

Also, I see you adopted a villager with igb recently...so you obviously know that "now everyone only uses "tbt" for everything" is not true...:rolleyes:

I think tbt is really handy when you have people who are like "pay either 10mil IGB or 20 tbt" and the more obvious choice would be tbt since it takes a while to accumulate 10mil IGB and you can get tbt simply by posting a lot.

I myself don't really prefer getting TBT but IGB is still really commonly used. I use it, plenty of others use it. TBT is just easier to acquire and a more useful form of currency to those who cant get IGB quickly.

It's easier to trade tbt than it is igb. Unless you're trading a small amount of bells, it can take forever to exchange in game bells. And since the game has been out for five years now, a lot of people don't really need bells like they used to or already know the best ways to make them. And like another person said earlier, the Welcome amiibo update makes it even easier to get bells by selling your town.

I honestly wouldn't take TBT (as-in currency) seriously. Barring its user-generated market (e.g. item/villager trading and services in ACNL, arts), their only usefulness is to purchase collectibles that are either situational or only there for show. Since I seldom make use of these features and stay happier as a result, I don't get why should the bell system be considered as serious business.

Last edited:
Before the update and using TBT moving a lot of bells took time. I bought a 7-11 set for 20 million bells and it took forever to transfer. Later with the TBT I found it easy to buy a villager from another player. It was quick and easy. This is a safer way to trade. Before players would lose some bells since the game doesn't round it up to 100K each time.

I now have all the cards so I don't use my TBT. I've never charged bells for any of the items that I give to players. I have a lot of bells.

a made up currency for only this website ruined the game for me. I used to work hard for bells and make friends and hunt on the island for beetles but now everyone only uses "tbt" for everything which you only get for having amiibo furniture or loved villagers...tbt bells are worthless and the bane of this game and forum.

I don't!

I only purchase (usually) DLC that isn't/never was, available in my country with TBT.

Everything else is my own hard earned IGB.

I have 114 million bells, and not a single bell was bought.

I told you I LIVE on the island.
Beetles and Sharks. ^_^

Last edited:
honestly finding this forum and being able to use tbt has if anything increased the fun of my game for me! since WW I've always bought everything in store that I didn't have in catalogue yet (which slows down paying of house loan but w.e) and having a fleshed out catalogue has been able to get me some btb that I'm able to trade for rare/ JP release furniture... so idk man, it's pretty sweet imo

Also, yeah considering how unreliable Nintendo servers and Wi-fi are (not to mention ours suck for anything not computers) it's way safer to just pay them some on-site currency that don't take ages to transfer.

Also @TheBig why so negative?

At first TBT confused me soooo much. But now, I've realized that TBT has made it so much easier for me to attain items I would never be able to without it. I love TBT!

Like others, I’ve only attained TBT from posting. Sometimes I’ll open my thread for RV visits when I have the time, but I don’t sell them. I like to help people out who don’t have the money in real life to buy the cards.

I’ve actually found TBT to be really useful and it actually pushes me to find threads to post in when I need it, which also helps to meet other friendly faces here. :>

The IGB to TBT ratio is ridiculous and insulting to anyone who has actually spent a good amount of time making bells.

Also @TheBig why so negative?

Are you referring to the post I've made earlier in this thread? In that case, I intended to bring a honest opinion of mine to the topic's creator. I wanted to reassure that person that TBT (in-site currency) isn't worth losing his/her sleep over. Granted, I should've cut the latter half of the last sentence to avoid being borderline negative, but I don't see how else would my otherwise fair point of view bother anyone.

Back