• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

House decorating advice, please!

DaftPunk

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi! I'm going to be setting up my house with particular furniture sets in each room but I would also like to add additional items to help fill the rooms! However, I need ideas for what items I can use to match the aesthetics of the rooms I have planned. Aka, items not part of the rooms main set that will help with the decor, eg flowers, food items, dolls, teddy bears etc etc. Here are the sets/rooms I have planned.

Mermaid Set Room
Pink Rococo Set Room
Princess Set Room
Sweets Set Room
Lovely Set Room
Upstairs Cafe Room (I don't really need item recommendations for this room, I'm ordering a bundle from a shop!)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Music boxes! They play cuter versions of the K.K. Slider songs; you can make them with giant clam shells and a CD by going to ReTail. =)

Music boxes! They play cuter versions of the K.K. Slider songs; you can make them with giant clam shells and a CD by going to ReTail. =)

I definitely wanted a music box for the mermaid room but I'm not sure which song to use!

Here are a few ideas:
For the mermaid room get a sea globe, maybe also super sea snail
Lovely set get papa panda , mr and mrs flamingo, cradle, stroller customized pink
For pink rococo mix and match with regal set also in pink
Sweets : chocolate cake

Last edited:
Here are a few ideas:
For the mermaid room get a sea globe, maybe also super sea snail
Lovely set get papa panda , mr and mrs flamingo, cradle, stroller customized pink
For pink rococo mix and match with regal set also in pink
Sweets : chocolate cake

Ohhh! Those are great ideas, thank you!!!!

I think the fancy doll or lovely doll would go nice with all of those, except the Lovely set.

I plan to make a Kiki and Lala set room for a second player character eventually. Need more ideas to fills space as the set is quite small!

Mermaid Set Room- A few of the fishing tournament items would pair really well like the crab clock, as well as a sea globe, maybe a Diver Dan, and throwing in a few fish could be a nice addition, the goldfish and seahorse have cute tanks.

Pink Rococo Set Room-Any items from the royal set made over in pink would match well, the wedding cake matches it perfectly too, pretty much anything white or light pink would work, so if you just refurb stuff they can match.

Princess Set Room- A refurbed white rose chair would look darling, also maybe some refurbed teddies, regal set in blue would match, maybe a few other of the flower items from weeding day would match well like the lily lamp.

Sweets Set Room- ice cream lamps!! marshmallow chairs, donut stools made over in chocolate and strawberry donut style, and of course cute food items like the chocolate cake and stuff would match really well.

Lovely Set Room-Regal set in pink would match here too, Mr. & Mrs. Flamingo, the cute gyroids with the hearts on them, maybe a flower bouquet as well as normal flowers displayed would look nice.

Mermaid Set Room- A few of the fishing tournament items would pair really well like the crab clock, as well as a sea globe, maybe a Diver Dan, and throwing in a few fish could be a nice addition, the goldfish and seahorse have cute tanks.

Pink Rococo Set Room-Any items from the royal set made over in pink would match well, the wedding cake matches it perfectly too, pretty much anything white or light pink would work, so if you just refurb stuff they can match.

Princess Set Room- A refurbed white rose chair would look darling, also maybe some refurbed teddies, regal set in blue would match, maybe a few other of the flower items from weeding day would match well like the lily lamp.

Sweets Set Room- ice cream lamps!! marshmallow chairs, donut stools made over in chocolate and strawberry donut style, and of course cute food items like the chocolate cake and stuff would match really well.

Lovely Set Room-Regal set in pink would match here too, Mr. & Mrs. Flamingo, the cute gyroids with the hearts on them, maybe a flower bouquet as well as normal flowers displayed would look nice.

Such beautiful ideas, thank you so much!

Back