• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

๐ŸŽ‹ controlling bamboo growth ๐ŸŽ‹

RoRoShell

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm developing a bamboo garden/forest at the moment but if I ever need to TT they end up spreading themselves to unwanted spaces. Have been using flowers, which look nice in some places but covering the whole area with them is just overwhelming to look at. Considering using clovers, which would end up being a lot costwise, and also visually crowded imo. Possibly making a pattern that matches the ground as close as possible (which is tedious and something I'd rather not do if it can be helped).

Any suggestions, folks?
also if you need bamboo shoots hmu, I have a steadily increasing surplus x.X

Some gravel paths would probably look really cute! It'd be super zen garden-y.

You could plant them near the river or a cliff. I think the most convenient way is to surround them with paths that matches the theme that you're going for. Also, add flowers and clovers. Try to mix them up so it wouldn't look monotonous. I didn't use a lot of bamboo in my town and only planted them near the bus stop.

Ef2NZhM.png

Xxs7Vhq.png

Some gravel paths would probably look really cute! It'd be super zen garden-y.

the statues/ focal points in the garden are almost entirely stone, it would match well, thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

You could plant them near the river or a cliff. I think the most convenient way is to surround them with paths that matches the theme that you're going for. Also, add flowers and clovers. Try to mix them up so it wouldn't look monotonous. I didn't use a lot of bamboo in my town and only planted them near the bus stop.

Ef2NZhM.png

Xxs7Vhq.png

they do reach a cliff on one side but even then I couldn't plant directly on the edge because otherwise they wouldn't grow :( so there's a one tile margin all the way around that the bamboo seeds. They do die eventually but it looks terrible until then, I think this would be a good place to put clovers? I like the border that you've done around the bus station, I think I'll have to do something similar, maybe in gravel/ stone like Heemi suggested, just to prevent an infestation >.> the little pool of water is cute too!

Bushes planted next to them, or flowers.
Anything that takes up a space.

Bamboo can sprout two spaces in any direction if nothing is blocking it.

Bushes planted next to them, or flowers.
Anything that takes up a space.

Bamboo can sprout two spaces in any direction if nothing is blocking it.

I am using bushes between them to form walls, and hitting the 12 chain limit often lol, thanks for the tip about sprouting! :0 didn't know!

I am using bushes between them to form walls, and hitting the 12 chain limit often lol, thanks for the tip about sprouting! :0 didn't know!

No worries! ^_^

I only have a half dozen bamboo trees, but they can still be a pain. Plus I don't use patterns, so those that aren't blocked with bushes and flowers spawn another one every few days.

I can imagine if you let it run wild for a week. ^_^

Back