• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How exactly do you unlock the contacts?

Bluebellie

Apple 🍎
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Melancolia
Red Envelope
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
I’ve been Wanting to change my eye color forever and still it is not unlocked.

Last edited:
You need to have Shampoodles open for two weeks before you get the option for contacts. I'm not 100% sure if you need to get at least 1 haircut there before she gives you the option but I would just to be safe (if u haven't already). If it's already been more than fourteen days and you've got a haircut there and you still can't change your eye color I'm not sure what the issue is!

And do you need to get a haircut with each different villager to unlock? Or just one? And it unlocks for all?

Ahh I can't remember :[ I have different characters and they have the contacts unlocked but I really can't recall if they had to each wait 14 days too. Probably should try giving them a haircut too to be safe lol

It unlocks separately for each side character after the first hair cut.

Edit: so yes, each character needs to get a haircut and then wait the required days after.

Last edited:
Ahh what a nightmare.
Thank you guys!!!
I’m going to need to see about getting hair done on all of them now.

Back