• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Bowling Green Massacre

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
As many of you know, the Bowling Green massacre was a false statement (probably another "alternative fact") stated by Kellyanne Conway last year, just days after Donald Trump entered office. Apparently, Conway had meant to refer to two Iraqis who were in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and were detained by Barack Obama in 2011, and no actual massacre took place.
Well, within the last few months, this has been something I would joke about with my friends at school. However, my dad today got upset when he found out that this is something I would joke about with them, saying "Kellyanne Conway is a smart woman as she was the first woman to manage a campaign that had its ticket elected". Yes, my dad is a very avid supporter of Donald Trump.
Is it really that bad to joke about something like this though? If an actual massacre had taken place in Bowling Green that would be one thing, but there never was one in the first place. I realize it's also old but I don't think that makes it bad to joke about, either.:)

Idk, I doubt he was upset that you were joking about a fictitious massacre. You say he's a supporter of Trump so he probably just doesn't like any joke at the expense of Trump or the ridiculous people who worked on his campaign. ?\_(ツ)_/?

if your dad thinks she's smart i gotta say that your dad doesn't seem to be that bright himself

also it seems that he's just upset that youre joking about her and trump and whatever but idk lol there's just nothing to be offended about

You guys are all right, pretty much. I can't even believe Trump has been in office for a year now. It's fitting that today is the beginning of the government shutdown.

Back