• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hybrid Red + Orange = Blue Rose?

Charleyhorse

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey guys! Im on the seemingly never ending quest of growing blue roses :(
The Thonky Flower Guide mentions that you can cross hybrid reds and orange roses to create blue roses, instead of hybrid + hybrid, which would likely make this whole ordeal a lot easier. Can anyone confirm?

Ignore Thonky.
They are wrong about quite a few things.

It took me a few months, but I got my blue roses.

Get a purple rose from white + white.
Get the orange rose from red + yellow.

Breed the purple with the orange to get the hybrid red.

Put that somewhere safe, and breed another red from the orange and purple.

Put your two hybrid reds together, use fertilizer, and get rid of any other reds that spawn from that.

Only add to those reds with ones from the purple and orange parents, and remember the formation you planted them in, so you can dig out other reds that spawn from them.

Some people say the reds that spawn from the hybrid reds, are also hybrid reds.
They aren't.

You WILL eventually get your blue rose.
Once you have two, they breed so easily that you don't even need fertilizer.

TT'g helps speed up the process, if you're ok with TT.

Good luck. ^_^

Last edited:
Jon_Snow is so right on - his suggestions I agree with as well!

Do not keep those extra red roses - only the ones that come from purple and orange!

Those other ones do not seem to be real hybrids. It takes time...days and days of water, fertilizer, breeding! Good luck!

Aw, thank you HHoney! ^_^

I see people telling others to keep the reds that spawn from reds, then they wonder why they aren't getting any blue roses. :(

If my hybrids are spawning orange roses is that a good sign that they are actually hybrids? I have some anxiety that some regulars may have been mixed in after relocating a few times and months without finding any blues

If my hybrids are spawning orange roses is that a good sign that they are actually hybrids? I have some anxiety that some regulars may have been mixed in after relocating a few times and months without finding any blues

You mean your orange hybrids?
Only use the reds that come from the orange you got from red + yellow, and the purple you got from white + white.

Any black, red or orange etc, that spawn from your special hybrid reds, won't give you other special reds.
Just use them somewhere else in your town.
Don't mix up the proper orange with an orange that came from something other than red + yellow parents.

Get rid of any reds that don't come from the special orange, and special purple!

If you're unsure of what's what, then start from scratch.
I had to do that as well.
I forgot the formation, so I started again. ^_^

TT is your friend when trying to get a blue rose! ^_^

Last edited:
Back