• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How did you feel after selling your town?

UnwrittenTale

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Awful, renewed, refreshed, melancholy, fatigued at the amount of work you'd have to do to get your shops/emotions/badges back? xD Upset bc your hour log had been dropped down to zero?

I've been thinking about this for probably about a year and still have no answer for myself.
I want to see how other people have felt when they sold them and began again?

I got evaluated once (never saved so I didn't sell it) and Nook offered 95,000,000!

I'd be depressed if I had sold it.

I got evaluated once (never saved so I didn't sell it) and Nook offered 95,000,000!

I'd be depressed if I had sold it.

I feel like I would have that sort of thing coming on, but the only thing I can't stand about my town is the layout. Everything else is great, minus the terrible landscaping and lack of PWPs I get ping'd for. ;o;

I feel trapped in my little village. There's so many dead areas and I know it too well. It feels like
I do one/two loops around the same path for the day and I'm done.

Last edited:
I'd had my town for over four years when I sold it to restart. I was excited to start over at that point, but I had started my original town not realizing how important planning would be. I put permanent pwps in bad places, rendering the flow of the town really awkward. I had no idea about plot resetting and villagers were in odd places which made the bad flow even worse. I did really love my town and tried to work with it for months doing a major landscaping overhaul, but the the poor placement of permanent pwps really hindered any progress.

I sometimes regret selling it off only because it was my original town, but I'm really happy with the town that has become my main town now (I have multiple towns at the moment), and I'm glad I could use the money I got from my original town to make the current one what it is. Yeah, rebuilding can be a pain, but I'm getting the excitement of watching things progress all over again. I just completed my main street today, and at 4.5 months, that's not too bad at all.

I honestly felt good! The only thing i would have missed was the catalog, but we kept that. Anything was replaceable. The pwp you can also keep. The only thing that’s bugging me now is getting new the whole town set up and what I want to do with it. But I really do like my town now more than before. I had placed the cafe in a really uncomfortable spot in My old town.

I'd had my town for over four years when I sold it to restart. I was excited to start over at that point, but I had started my original town not realizing how important planning would be. I put permanent pwps in bad places, rendering the flow of the town really awkward. I had no idea about plot resetting and villagers were in odd places which made the bad flow even worse. I did really love my town and tried to work with it for months doing a major landscaping overhaul, but the the poor placement of permanent pwps really hindered any progress.

I sometimes regret selling it off only because it was my original town, but I'm really happy with the town that has become my main town now (I have multiple towns at the moment), and I'm glad I could use the money I got from my original town to make the current one what it is. Yeah, rebuilding can be a pain, but I'm getting the excitement of watching things progress all over again. I just completed my main street today, and at 4.5 months, that's not too bad at all.

Aww, congrats! Yeah, my PWPs are in bad places too. Especially my Police Station. ;-; I'm glad your new town is going well!

i liked resetting my town, and this was before the welcome amiibo update. it feels refreshing to start with a blank slate

I've never sold my town. I have an old cartridge that died and I'll admit that I was really broken up about the fact that it died but starting anew is really refreshing. Unless I had a 100% goal for my next town I'd never sell it. Working from the ground-up would be much more enjoyable.

You're right about that. ;o; I was hoping for the experience of stumbling into a theme park like Disney; no plans, no rushing around, just go where you feel, when you feel like it.

I've never sold my town. I have an old cartridge that died and I'll admit that I was really broken up about the fact that it died but starting anew is really refreshing. Unless I had a 100% goal for my next town I'd never sell it. Working from the ground-up would be much more enjoyable.

How did the cartridge die? I wasn’t even aware this could happen :O

I felt refreshed! I did not like the layout of my town and it just seemed like more work to attempt to fix than it was to restart. I was able to transfer some items I didn't want to lose, and kept my catalog and all the pwp requests I'd earned up to that point. I also got a lot of bells so I could actually spend time doing what I wanted to do in the game rather than beetle hunting every night. It's up to you but if there are too many things you don't like about your town that you can't fix, it might be something you can look into! You can even go as far as checking out other maps and if you don't like them you can shut the game off and your town will still be there.

I sold one of my most beloved towns when Nook was feeling generous and wanted to pay me 103 million bells!

The town was called Teacup and it was a lovely town. I did not have anywhere near 100 million bells - I am not sure why Nook was being generous.

What I Miss sometimes:

- The map
- All my badges
- A few StreetPass houses I got two years ago traveling. None of the houses had dream addresses, only lovely houses
- One of the villagers was from my first town. He traveled to multiple towns to get there.

What I Love:
- In some ways an even better map
- no Ragrets on the Caf?
- Great Villagers!
- Love this map
- Kept all the PWPs! That was really nice
- 100 million Bells - but I never made it to gold badge because I was building the town lol

Selling Your Town is a big endeavor. I don?t recommend even trying to talk to Isabelle unless your serious.

It?s a fun process tho if you have a plan for how you want to play in your new town.
Never tell Isabelle you want to take a break!!!

for the most part, i didn't regret it much since i transferred most of my items to my new town. i didn't realize that i got to keep the pwps from the last game though! i was really happy when i saw my picnic blanket & bonfire in my pwp list~ i probably could've played a bit more to save up some money, (my town was only worth 20 mil since i played it for about half a year), but i'm really happy with where my town is right now :)

Horrible! Because it takes a longer time to reset for a good map layout.

In other words, while you reset the game after you sold your town, you’ll still have your current town unharmed until you sell it to Nook again. And it takes up to 4 minutes.

In other words, while you reset the game after you sold your town, you?ll still have your current town unharmed until you sell it to Nook again. And it takes up to 4 minutes.

I completely agree with the frustration with the mechanics of resetting. I timed it - if you?re really fast it?s 4 minutes... but what if you find a map you might like?

Resetting takes time, and map resetting after selling a town takes so much time!

But after you find what you want in a town - those hundreds of hours fly by!

I sold my town in October, I’d had had it for almost a year and it was pretty much complete. It was my first town so it wasn’t amazing but I was proud of it! I got bored though since it was complete and I wasn’t really 100% happy with it, so I reset and I haven’t looked back, I absolutely love my new town and this game again :D

Last edited:

In other words, while you reset the game after you sold your town, you’ll still have your current town unharmed until you sell it to Nook again. And it takes up to 4 minutes.

So you mean, if I sell my town (assuming there is no 'saving, do not turn off the power or reset') screen, I have four minutes to shut the system down and my old town will be intact?

Good, needed a new map and I made like 56 million igb with not refilling the catalogue (i got back most items i wanted anyways thanks to people and that i now own a lot of wa/sanrio cards and amiibos). and yeah i wanted a better start with a change of villagers

Back