• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How did you feel after selling your town?

So you mean, if I sell my town (assuming there is no 'saving, do not turn off the power or reset') screen, I have four minutes to shut the system down and my old town will be intact?

It takes four minutes to get through Nook's spiel and then through Rover to pick a map if you're map resetting. You can back out of the sale of your town at any point as long as you don't go into a new map and plant the town tree. So, four minutes was referring to the amount of time it takes each time if you are looking for a good map after talking to Nook about selling your town, and not that you have a deadline of four minutes in order to preserve your original town.

It takes four minutes to get through Nook's spiel and then through Rover to pick a map if you're map resetting. You can back out of the sale of your town at any point as long as you don't go into a new map and plant the town tree. So, four minutes was referring to the amount of time it takes each time if you are looking for a good map after talking to Nook about selling your town, and not that you have a deadline of four minutes in order to preserve your original town.

Ohhhhh, okay. Okay, good! So, as long as I don't plant the tree in the new town, I can shut down, boot up, and still have my original town. Thank you for clarifying that! ;v;

Ohhhhh, okay. Okay, good! So, as long as I don't plant the tree in the new town, I can shut down, boot up, and still have my original town. Thank you for clarifying that! ;v;

Correct. And to add to that, if you intend to sell, make absolutely certain you click Isabelle's option of "Start a New Town" and not "Take a Break". Take a Break deletes everything without giving you your money or catalogue, etc. Also make sure you are at the level where you can sit on your Town Tree and read the history, otherwise your town will be deleted with no money or catalogue.

Back