• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your opinion on McDonald's?

as a company? hate it, i could go on and on and on about why but i don't want to sound like a #communist or whatever. but honestly like for non communism reasons as well, it's just a terrible company for so many reasons.
for food? it's okay, i don't crave it ever but i mean, i can eat it, though mostly from the dollar menu because their more expensive burgers are literally garbage for close to the price of real, normal food. i like mcdonald's ice cream though.

idk if i can say this but like i work at mcdonalds and it just makes me dislike the company more. if anyone sees this, for legal reasons no i don't work there <3

something that i find hilariously disgusting is that they (at least in sweden, i think most of europe, idk about usa or other places) are trying to go "plastic free" for the "environment" (we all know it's to seem like a less intentionally environmentally devastating company and get Good Company Points in the eye of the general public : ) ) but that is literally just the plastic the customers see. we get everything in plastic, yeah we get cardboard boxes but everything in every cardboard box is in plastic bags. Just for fries, we easily go through over 50 big plastic bags a day. all of that goes into the trash, nothing is recycled even though it easily could be.

it's not that plastic is evil and i don't think they should remove all plastic, because it is a very good material in a lot of ways! it's the waste and what happens to the plastic after it has been used that is a problem. This could be partially solved by recycling the plastic the kitchen and other staff use, and by reducing it as well. Plastic is not evil, but pretending to care about the environment and remove plastic straws (which are an accessibility thing as well, some people need straws to drink and plastic straws are much better for that) while also throwing away and burning literal tons of plastic that easily could be recycled every single day, is.

Oh and have you ever seen the "sorting" that you do when you throw away your garbage inside a mcdonalds? if you think that's for recycling, i am sorry to tell you it's not. everything goes into the same trash. just another way for mcdonald's to make you think they care about the environment, when really they don't.

at least i like my colleagues

I used to eat there weekly when I was younger, but I stopped going a few years ago. The food there is terrible, it's high calorie, no nutrition, and not filling at all. I'm 80% sure McDonalds was one of the reasons I had trouble with my weight for so long lol. I don't think you could pay me to eat there these days,,

Reactions: Neb
Fast food is all mostly the same to me. I don't really have any strong opinions of McDonalds compared to Burger King, or anywhere else. It's all generally poor for your health...but, sometimes you have a craving for it. Personally, I haven't had anything fast food related in a pretty long time. It's not really an active attempt not to...I just haven't had any reason to. Especially with covid.

Like many others...I saw places like McDonalds as a "treat" when I was a kid. If I had to go to a doctor or something, I would get it as incentive to be good and do what was being asked of me. As an adult, maybe it's the ability to buy it whenever I want that makes me really not want to eat it anymore. Plus, having a much better understanding of how much better food is out there. Lol.

....I'm drinking a mocha frappé from them as I'm typing this out lol

I feel like the only things I get from McDonalds are their fries and that's about it (and maybe their mocha frappés too)

I don't go there often though
Post automatically merged:

I do like their Shamrock Shakes, though!
OML I forgot about these! I really like their Shamrock Shakes too!

Thinking about it now, I really only go to McD for drinks or for their french fries really. I heard that their fries used to taste much better in the 80s but I wasn't alive around that time so idk really.

Btw, I feel like some countries actually have pretty decent food at places like McDonalds and Burger King. Sometimes I watch youtubers review items from foreign menus...and it's like "they got that at McDonalds?"...but, the US tends to be the bottom of the barrel. Probably because we'll consume the lowest quality product without question. Lol.

i used to love mcDonald's. now i'm more of a KFC (and the local chicken shop) kind of girl. i'd still happily eat a mcdonald's though. their chicken nuggets are good, especially with the sweet/sour sauce, and the fries are nice when they're salty and hot. every now and again, i'll have a cheeseburger too. sugared donuts and ice-cream are nice as well.

I like their chicken nuggets, but only if it's after like 10pm.

Breakfast items on the other hand, will always be my favorite. A sausage & egg McMuffin + hashbrown + caramel iced coffee is such a treat, especially since I don't get to go very often!

My opinion of McDonald's is that it is okay from time to time. I do like the sausage McMuffin with egg!
If I don't believe in the practices they engage in, I would not purchase their products.
But what I would NOT do is,, push my beliefs on anyone else. If one doesn't like McDonald's, or their practices, that is no cause for me to advocate their shut down. Simply, don't patronize their facility, and let others who do enjoy their products be.
I will NOT conform to the standards others expect of me. I do me, you do you, McDonald's will do McDonald's.

If I don't believe in the practices they engage in, I would not purchase their products.
But what I would NOT do is,, push my beliefs on anyone else. If one doesn't like McDonald's, or their practices, that is no cause for me to advocate their shut down. Simply, don't patronize their facility, and let others who do enjoy their products be.
Wait, this is the first I'm hearing of this. What questionable practices are they engaging in?

Go back and read post #2

i really like the mccafé section - that's honestly really it. i'm addicted to coffee, and for some reason (especially now with that new arabica contract they picked up here in canada idk if other countries are operating the same) i can't get enough of it. i have their coffee grounds at home, too. when i do eat there, which is rare because i'm just typically not a big fan of meat products in general on most days (i'm literally so much of a paradox, don't even ask. i go days without eating any animal by-product only to turn around and crave a whopper from burger king), i typically get a mcdouble meal dressed like a big mac. i'd prefer just a regular cheeseburger meal, but they don't do that anymore, so i gotta get the extra patty.

i tend to think a lot about where my food comes from, and that honestly is a good damper on getting a lot of food from anywhere, even grocery stores. it's something i'm dealing with on a regular basis, and i appreciate it when people don't gripe me about my personal opinions and feelings - and as such, i don't gripe to anyone about their own.

When I was younger, I used to love getting happy meals and that was a huge treat for me. Now, I don't really like any of the menu options. Like I'm not against eating fast food or anything, but if I wanted to get fast food, McDonald's would just be one of my last choices :p I don't think anything tastes particularly good.

Don't know, I haven't had fast food in years.
But from what I remember, the taste were delicious, the texture were meh, and it never took away the hunger.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times I eat at McDonalds in any given year. If I do go, I usually only get fries.

Is it weird that I like their breakfast stuff more than their other stuff?

I used to get a Bacon Egg & Cheese bagel when I did eat there for breakfast (this is like a few times a year). It wasn't on the menu last time (don't know if it is gone forever or they ran out of bagels) so my second option is a Bacon Egg & Cheese McGriddle. I really like the buns.

As far as the food goes, it's okay if you need somethin cheap to eat, but I def do not go seeking out McDonalds unless I want a milkshake. Which even then I wouldn't count cause milkshakes really aren't a McDonalds exclusive thing. Plus the machine is usually broke when I rarely do go.

mcdonalds breakfast is something that has an...importance to me. ive only ever had it on days where we needed to go early in the morning (to see my grandma in the hospital, hospital visits for myself, going to another state) its very odd lol

their hashbrowns were my favorite

It's a guilty pleasure of mine. Used to be my favorite fast food chain when I was little, but it has changed since then.
I will never pass down McDonald's fries, chicken nuggets, McFlurries, hashbrowns or cinnamon bites. Everything else is garbage though (especially their breakfast menu- I will always get sick if I eat their breakfast foods, aside from cinnamon bites and hashbrowns obviously). And sometimes I do still get happy meals, because, well, I will always love those.

i get mcdonalds on occasion when im feeling sad (thats all it is to me, sad comfort food lmao) i love the fries and chicken nuggets, along with a frappe but thats about it

This is literally me. Mcdonalds is definitely my sad comfort food. I've actually eaten a lot of mcdonalds in the last year just because of all thats been going on plus Mcdonalds being one of the few things open since they have a drive thru.

I usually get a mcdouble meal and then share some nuggets with my partner. However I DO NOT like the sweet and sour sauce which seems to be so popular, the bbq dipping sauce is where it's at!

My only exposure to McDonald's has been getting their burgers a few times when I was a pretty young child. Every time, they had onions on them even though I didn't want them and that left a negative impression. All I can really base my opinion on are those childhood experiences. I figure that now that I'm an adult I might enjoy it if I actually tried one again and gave it a fair chance, but I don't generally eat red meat and haven't had a burger for over a decade now so I might not ever find out. No interest in trying any of their other food either, since I try not to have fast food too often.

I'd probably have to say I'm indifferent. Those few instances were so long ago that I don't even remember what it tasted like, so I don't find it reasonable to base an opinion on.

Back