What's your opinion on McDonald's?

it's another average fast food place i guess
we go there like 2 or 3 times a year and I only ever order mcchickens which are alright lol

They should be shut down.
The cruelty inflicted on chickens that end up at McDonalds even had an entire site dedicated to it.

The McCruelty campaign.

They have since promised to use 'less cruel' methods to murder their chickens.

Murder is murder. O_O

Give PEAS a chance, you meat-eating heathens!

Ever killed a mosquito?

I disagree. From my experience, Chick-fil-a is a lot healthier. The worst entree item on their menu doesn't even break the 500-calorie barrier. Subway has a few items (like the meatball marinara) that are not very good for you. As for the worst, Five Guys and Carls Jr do have worse items than Burger King.

Ok, it is true that Chick-Fil-A has some pretty healthy items. However, I've lived my whole life in the South (I currently live in Alabama, lived most of my life a state over in Mississippi), and while I realize that Chick-Fil-A is a Southern joint (it's based in Atlanta, after all), states like Mississippi and Alabama are known to be some of the most obese in the United States. I know that a report released back in 2009 stated that MS had become the fattest state in the US, and while I believe Arkansas and West Virginia have surpassed it now, it's still staggeringly close. I will say that ever since I moved to the Huntsville area that there seems to be more focus on heath and fitness here than there was when I lived in central MS (around Jackson, the capital of and the largest city in the state), but it's still common to find people order large portions of unhealthy food. But, it is true that Chick-Fil-A is probably one of the healthiest fast food restaurant chains out there.
The thing about Subway is that I usually just order things like chicken teriyaki on my sandwiches there. Obviously the meatball marinara isn't going to be that healthy (why Americans have to turn Italian food unhealthy I'll never understand), but you are given the chances to keep the calories down, basically. It's still healthier than McDonald's, Wendy's, or Burger King.
We don't have Carl's Jr. in the South (there is Hardee's though, and I live close to one here in the Huntsville area, but the one that close to us around Jackson closed around 2005 I think, and yes, they have some pretty unhealthy options), and I've never been to a Five Guys before in my life (there was one close to us in a shopping center near Jackson though), but I'm not surprised that they don't have the healthiest options either. I don't know, I think fast food is kind of on its way out... There's definitely been a larger focus on health both in the US and worldwide, and people have gradually been cooking at home anymore-these are trends that I'm willing to bet haven't been seen since the '60s.

i used to love it as a kid, but the more i learned, the less it appealed to me. the only thing i'm willing to eat from mcdonalds now is the fries though.

Horrible place. Great fries. Good sweet tea when they have the $1 any drink any size promo. I don't go often at all but on occasion when we're on a road trip or something and just want a quick nibble. Their coffee drinks are pretty good too. Everything else goes in and comes out like 15 minutes later. :/

Sloppy and disgusting. They have alright coffee but I'd not eat there unless it was an emergency situation and I need food.

Enjoy the roadkill mate!

The only difference between the meat you buy, and roadkill, is that one is refridgerated. :-|

Actually, the meat I eat hasn't been hit by cars repeatedly and left to rot for an extended period of time causing it to be unfit for consumption.

My meat comes from a butcher and is bred for consumption, best served with a side of mash potato and gravy.

Yum yum.

Their food is good. I eat there sometimes, but my absolute favorite is Taco Bell. On the topic of McDonalds, I love their fries. The fries are the best. I?m not really a fan of their milkshakes. The milkshakes aren?t really thick, for a lack of a better word. I do like their Shamrock Shakes, though!

The food is okay, but it’s still gross, and I don’t eat there as much anymore.

I eat fast food maybe once a month, if that. When I do go to Mcdonalds I usually only buy a burger, then make a side dish at home. Their burgers are good. Not amazing, but good.

i get mcdonalds on occasion when im feeling sad (thats all it is to me, sad comfort food lmao) i love the fries and chicken nuggets, along with a frappe but thats about it

though the blueberry muffin they came out with is honestly amazing??? big n fluffy
Post automatically merged:

I do like their Shamrock Shakes, though!
the shamrock shakes were the bane of my mom's existence when i was a kid lmao

It's definitely not quality food but then again, I don't go there expecting it to be. I adore their big macs though. They just taste so darn good! Fries are hit or miss. They're either made really good or they're soggy.

Regardless of it though, once I smell that McDs smell, I instantly want their food.

I eat there quite a bit because my husband and daughter love it. I am frankly kind of sick of it, but I do like their chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce, and was so happy when they started doing breakfast all day, but I noticed they don't have that here anymore :( The fries though, when the fries are made right they are hands down the best.
Burger King used to have the same fries years ago but changed them. I honestly prefer burgers from them, but I don't care for the fries (or their chicken) so we rarely ever go there.
I love chicken, but Chik Fil A really doesn't do it for me, and there is always an ungodly line out into the street when I go by there. I don't get it, but to each their own. I don't care much for the other fast food places like Wendy's, and most of the other ones people have talked about we don't have here, or they are so far away anyway.
Taco Bell is my favorite out of all the fast food chains. I do love subway but for some reason I don't really consider them fast food.
Back in 2009 I boycotted all the fast food places and that last a year. I would love to do that again but make it stick this time. However, the choice isn't just mine. I cannot deny my husband and adult daughter fast food when we are out and if I am starving I am not going to go to 2 places to avoid it.

I used to work there. The only thing worse than their food were most of their customers.

Back