• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your opinion on McDonald's?

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
We all know the most famous fast food chain, McDonalds. As of now, what do you think of it?

Back in 2012, I thought the quality was not as good as it used to be, as I went an entire year without eating McDonald's in 2013 (real reason being that I had it too often compared to other fast food chains). But it has improved a lot. The breakfast all day menu and the buttermilk chicken strips were good ideas. There are still better chains, but it has improved a lot IMO.

I remember back in 2000, McDonald's dominated the entire fast food industry. It was the most popular chain in America. But as time rolled by, the industry changed a lot.

They should be shut down.
The cruelty inflicted on chickens that end up at McDonalds even had an entire site dedicated to it.

The McCruelty campaign.

They have since promised to use 'less cruel' methods to murder their chickens.

Murder is murder. O_O

Give PEAS a chance, you meat-eating heathens!

I eat there, I don't love it, but the food isn't awful (there's only one vegan food option in the UK though, which makes it boring). I'd usually rather eat somewhere else, say subway, since it's around the same price (or cheaper). Sometimes I do crave their vege burger though.

Last edited:
I've never really been a fan of it. The only times I'll go in is if friends decide we're going, even then I'll usually not actually order anything. The food doesn't particularly taste great and I can get bigger and better tasting portions from literally any other local takeaway, usually for cheaper too...I wouldn't mind if it was at least quality over quantity, but it's not.

Sometimes I got fries since they were okay, but as of late they seem to be pretty crappy too.

I'll be fair though, the last time a friend dragged me into one only a few days ago he got me a big mac whilst I was in the toilet, thinking I wanted something but not knowing what. I ate it since he bought it and it wasn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm never going to order one myself.

They should be shut down.
The cruelty inflicted on chickens that end up at McDonalds even had an entire site dedicated to it.

The McCruelty campaign.

They have since promised to use 'less cruel' methods to murder their chickens.

Murder is murder. O_O

Give PEAS a chance, you meat-eating heathens!

I gave peas a chance. They're quite nice alongside a big piece of gammon.

guilty pleasure/comfort food. i rarely eat it, but it i like the fries, hamburger and nuggets. that's it i think

The only thing I go to McDonald's for is their iced tea and McMuffins. But even their iced tea is a bit too sweet.

Most of their food is just kinda bleh... like it's really one if those places where you only stop to grab a quick bite to eat.

I'm not really a fan of the food. It just doesn't satisfy me at all. The only thing I truly like from McDonalds would be their fries. Ugh those will be the death of me one day. That and I love their hot fudge sundays. They remind me of when I was younger and my mom and I would go on stakeouts to stalk her boyfriend (he's now her ex, but they get along very well. I call him my uncle). She'll always bribe me on going with her (not really) and we would eat hot fudge sundays as we sat in the car a good distance from where he worked at. Whenever a coworker would come out we would duck. It was so much fun as a child, I felt like we were spies looking for a target. If they ever close down McDonalds I'd honestly be bummed, I mean i don't care for their food at all other than the fries and hot fudges but the memories I have of them.. Plus when I was 2-3 years old, my grandpa (whom i am super close to) would always take me for breakfast and I would always manage to make friends at the play area. Ah the good old days :) My son likes it though >.> He loves their chicken nuggets and my husband loves their quarter pounder. Its disgusting but whatever. He use to work at McDonalds and would tell me everything that goes on. I hated that job. He worked over nights on the weekends, but honestly if it weren't for that job we would have probably been more messed up than what we are now. He joined the military shortly after xD But still. I have a love-hate relationship with McDonalds.

Their veggie burgers are actually not bad - but they sadly don‘t seem to have those on the menu in the US (All I got from the American cashier when I asked for a “Veggie TS” was a blank stare and the question if I meant “salad”, lol).

I've never really been a fan of it. The only times I'll go in is if friends decide we're going, even then I'll usually not actually order anything. The food doesn't particularly taste great and I can get bigger and better tasting portions from literally any other local takeaway, usually for cheaper too...I wouldn't mind if it was at least quality over quantity, but it's not.

Sometimes I got fries since they were okay, but as of late they seem to be pretty crappy too.

I'll be fair though, the last time a friend dragged me into one only a few days ago he got me a big mac whilst I was in the toilet, thinking I wanted something but not knowing what. I ate it since he bought it and it wasn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm never going to order one myself.

I gave peas a chance. They're quite nice alongside a big piece of gammon.

Enjoy the roadkill mate!

The only difference between the meat you buy, and roadkill, is that one is refridgerated. :-|

It's alright, I really only ever get one thing if I go there (I can't remember what it is...it's some breakfast thing) with friends, but most of the time I just get like a drink if my friends go there nowadays.

i've only had a few drinks and fries from mc donalds ever but i like them.
i haven't tried any of the burgers because i'm sure i wont like them

I eat there every once in a while. It isn't bad, but you get what you pay for, and it isn't healthy. I've been trying to lose fat and build muscle and McDonald's is obviously not the food to eat for that.:p The thing is, there pretty much aren't any fast food joints that are healthy, except for Subway, and when you get the chips, drink, and cookies there, that's adding calories... Burger King is probably the unhealthiest at this point though. If you're familiar with the actor Marlon Brando (He's most notable for acting the films A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) and The Godfather (1972)), he put on a massive amount of fat as his life progressed (weighing up to 350 lbs at one point, which was greatly in contrast to how he looked around the late '40s-early '50s, where I won't lie, I thought in those pictures, he looked hot. :rolleyes: ) and part of the reason that happened is because, well, I'm not kidding here, he was documented as having once eaten twelve Whoppers. He had binge eating disorder, which I don't have, but still, it shows how unhealthy fast food can really be for you. I won't lie, Brando is one of my role models, but not for that reason.

I eat there every once in a while. It isn't bad, but you get what you pay for, and it isn't healthy. I've been trying to lose fat and build muscle and McDonald's is obviously not the food to eat for that.:p The thing is, there pretty much aren't any fast food joints that are healthy, except for Subway, and when you get the chips, drink, and cookies there, that's adding calories... Burger King is probably the unhealthiest at this point though.

I disagree. From my experience, Chick-fil-a is a lot healthier. The worst entree item on their menu doesn't even break the 500-calorie barrier. Subway has a few items (like the meatball marinara) that are not very good for you. As for the worst, Five Guys and Carls Jr do have worse items than Burger King.

Well I really love their chicken nuggets with their ranch. I try not to go so much but with college and everything I sometimes just can't help craving it when I'm really hungry on my way home. It definitely isn't healthy but I don't know, it's good sometimes.

It's a place where I eat maybe once a year or so. I would rather eat at other fast food places.

I really like their fries and McFlurries ^_^ I eat there as a guilty comfort food, but would MUCH rather eat at Wendy's hands down.
It's not half-bad, could be better or worse. It's up to your own preference.
I may just be used to it because, as a kid, it was the only thing my mom could afford regularly. We do much better now and don't eat it as much ^_^

i never go to mcdonalds and dont really want to. i only had it a few times when i was little and did gymnastics and it was like right there lol. so yeah, not a fan, imo there's a lot better options out there.

Back