• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

High Friendship or Random Chance?

michealsmells

๐ŸŽ„โ„๏ธ๐ŸŒŸ
Orange ๐ŸŠ
Durian ๐ŸŒฝ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
Sooo... in the past two days Francine and Rolf have both given me Lucky Cats. Francine gave me a Lefty Lucky Cat and Rolf gave me a Golden Lucky Cat. I'm not exactly sure how rare they actually are but I personally absolutely love the Lucky series and am really happy I was given these? Granted, I already have them and they're duplicates but I digress.

What I'm here to ask is... why did they give them to me? Because they're better/more expensive items does that mean these villagers are good friends, or did these two events just happen with no real rhyme or reason?

I guess this is so important cause Rolf is moving out soon and I'm gonna miss the big guy.

They aren't rare.
I think they're ugly.

One of my villagers dumped a gold one on me yesterday, and I tossed it in the trash.

>:0 I disagree with your opinions strongly but its your opinion >:0c

I believe it's random, they're not considered "spotlight items" like the rococo series, the garden gnome and etc. I do know that being given some items denote high friendship, such as the throne. Never seen a list of them, though. :)
I like the lucky cats a lot myself~ I plan to make a japanese feast room and have them to be sitting at the table as the guests. ^v^

Yeah I just found it a funny coincidence that I really love the Lucky Items and here are two of my villagers handing them over. It's a pretty funny coincidence.

>:0 I disagree with your opinions strongly but its your opinion >:0c

On the cats being ugly?
That's ok.
We all have different tastes. ^_^

I meant that they can give you an expensive or even a rare gift, and it can mean nothing.

When I started my town a year ago, Stinky was in it.
I never liked him and ignored him.

He gave me TWO White Katana's in one day.

I have read via multiple sources going back to original AC that all villagers in a town have a ?collective? inventory of items... and then a rare chance for random items.

I have had the bunk bed gifted to me in my bear town.

Sometimes when you send villagers furniture it seems to go into the collective inventory.

Back