• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pronounciation oddness

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Soliel asked for me to get her a butterfly, Ok, so I got her one but I couldn't find her (she's my smallest villager and I have a lot of foliage)
So I grab the megaphone to find her.
"Soliel"
nothing
"Soliel"
Nope
"Soliel"
nothing
........"So-leel?"
Soliel: Over here!
So the mic doesn't register when I say So-lay, which is the correct way to pronounce it I thought...
Just a weird thing.

It doesn't matter who I call on the megaphone.

Kapp'n answers. o_O

... it... her name is pronounced So-lay and not So-leel?

My entire existence has been a lie.

I know what you mean

Some villagers don't respond to the way their names should be pronounce. Like Clyde for example. No matter how many times I try, he doesn't respond. I used to have that issue with Phoebe, but then I realized I was just pronouncing it wrong XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

It doesn't matter who I call on the megaphone.

Kapp'n answers. o_O

I know the feeling XD
It's mostly with special event characters though.

I just tried calling Deirdre and Anchovy answered lol. I couldn't get Croque to answer and wasn't sure how to pronounce his name, but he finally answered to "Croak". I can't figure out if it's just a game quirk or the mic not picking up very well or what, but "so-leel" is kind of an unexpected pronunciation...

I have to let my husband know that I?m ?going to talk to my animals?.

My husband is always super far away - in another room - in another galaxy - in the 4th dimension with headphones and loud music - and I will be so quiet - and HE thinks I am calling for him!

Every. Single. Time!

I?d rather if it was just Kapp?n. Maybe, maybe not ;)

I have to let my husband know that I’m “going to talk to my animals”.

My husband is always super far away - in another room - in another galaxy - in the 4th dimension with headphones and loud music - and I will be so quiet - and HE thinks I am calling for him!

Every. Single. Time!

I’d rather if it was just Kapp’n. Maybe, maybe not ;)

Lol, My brother usually answers me.
Me: Kyle!
Bro: What?
Me: Is your name Kyle?! :[

I have to let my husband know that I?m ?going to talk to my animals?.

Every. Single. Time!

omg - same! lol Husband always thinks I'm talking to him when I do this, especially when he has headphones and is absorbed in something else.

The megaphone comes in handy when looking for one of your varmints and they seem to hide from you. I use it mainly to rouse Gulliver quickly but, oddly, he seems to prefer "GullIver" with a long I. Regardless, I'm just glad there is no villager named Alexa.

The megaphone comes in handy when looking for one of your varmints and they seem to hide from you. I use it mainly to rouse Gulliver quickly but, oddly, he seems to prefer "GullIver" with a long I. Regardless, I'm just glad there is no villager named Alexa.

I think this one went over my head...I think I'm glad it did...:)))

I think this one went over my head...I think I'm glad it did...:)))

I now want to know if Hoodathotit actually HAS Alexa ;)

Inquiring minds want to know!

And if so, if you talk to Alexa with a megaphone ;)

I now want to know if Hoodathotit actually HAS Alexa ;)

Inquiring minds want to know!

And if so, if you talk to Alexa with a megaphone ;)

No real mystery here. Alexa is the name, or trigger word, used to activate an Amazon Echo device. Any time I say "Alexa", there is a soft tone and a blue ring if light on the device and she will wait for a question or request. Check on Amazon or Google it. I can almost whisper and she hears me, so a repeated megaphone call for Alexa would confuse both of us. There are alternate trigger words but, thankfully, none match ACNL characters.

Weird huh? I had the same problem calling Sally with the megaphone :s

Back