• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Labo

himeki

hiatus
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3182-3595-3423
Tasty Cake
Candy Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
So, Nintendo's new cardboard thing. Your thoughts?
unknown.png

Last edited:
Man, we don’t own a switch yet but I’m only getting it for BOTW and for the next Pok?mon game... heard some rumors that it might be open world :eek: if that’s the case I’m buying it! But I would love to see a new AC game too. These are like the only games I’m really interested in for the switch. And if it is a kids game then I hope it’s somehing fun e.e (I like kid games XD)

Tom Nook Teaches Finance

Lmao, I legit want that game! :D

Anyway, I hope it’s an AC Switch announcement, too - but my gut tells me it’s just some amiibo-esque abomination... like, amiibo gloves and headbands or something.

Last edited:
This could be a really good announcement or a really boring announcement. Just depends how long the stream is.

I... actually think it looks pretty cool.

Yeah. Not worth the hype. I'm not sure if even kids would want this, considering little kids are usually on iPads all day, and older kids would probably do something else like play sports or actual video games.

:(

It's not just cardboard, it's interactive cardboard. I just watched a video and Nintendo Labo looks pretty intriguing.

Edit: Nevermind, I just watched the video again and realized the rc thingie is driven by the vibration motors inside the joycons. So it really literally is just cardboard. Good job, Nintendo. /s

Last edited:
All i'm hoping for is that this isn't the "Full Length" Direct everyone was hoping for.

Adding salt to the wound... they did say this was directed more towards kids...

see i feel like thats my problem wth it ngl? like
- what kid is actually gonna build it correctly tbh.
- the parents will often end up building the whole god damned thing
- the kid will play with it once and then never touch it again
- its ****ing cardboard, meaning theyre gonna step on it, the pet will eat it, grandad will put it in the recycling by mistake, etc etc etc etc

then it comes to the engineering. its just strings and cardboard. thats not gonna work. the strings will pull through the cardboard, and if its a kid holding it, the handles and whatever are gonna be crushed. also who the **** is onna stick their switch in a box and STEP on it?

and then finally, the price

$160 for both sets.
if you buy one kit, you have to buy another for the robot, including a whole g ame that literally just includes the robot
$70 variety pack, $80 robot, $10 sticker pack, $160.

i mean i get we're not its target audience but. wrow.

Last edited:
see i feel like thats my problem wth it ngl? like
- what kid is actually gonna build it correctly tbh.
- the parents will often end up building the whole god damned thing
- the kid will play with it once and then never touch it again
- its ****ing cardboard, meaning theyre gonna step on it, the pet will eat it, grandad will put it in the recycling by mistake, etc etc etc etc

then it comes to the engineering. its just strings and cardboard. thats not gonna work. the strings will pull through the cardboard, and if its a kid holding it, the handles and whatever are gonna be crushed. also who the **** is onna stick their switch in a box and STEP on it?

and then finally, the price

$160 for both sets.
if you buy one kit, you have to buy another for the robot, including a whole g ame that literally just includes the robot
$70 variety pack, $80 robot, $10 sticker pack, $160.

i mean i get we're not its target audience but. wrow.
If they wanna make money, they should be productive about it and announce stuff that gamers will actually spend money on them. Like Smash Bros 5 and Animal Crossing Switch.

If they wanna make money, they should be productive about it and announce stuff that gamers will actually spend money on them. Like Smash Bros 5 and Animal Crossing Switch.

Whilst its still early in the year, it kinda feels like they blew out all their big name games in the first year and now its just....crap. Like last year, every month pretty much there was a new big name game like odyssey, fe warriors, arms, splatoon 2, botw, etc etc etc. and now we get....this. im happy to get more third party and indie support for the switch its just... theyre kinda putting their target audience a little to low? the ppl who got introduced with the wii have grown up lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

LMAO THE WIIU TAB GOT REPLACED WITH NINTENDO LABO
0ae9dda7583fbbd2acaf0c7f3997ef82.png

THE WIIU GOT REPLACED BY LITERAL CARDBOARD

Back