• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your Favorite Plants for Landscaping?

michealsmells

🎄❄️🌟
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
The question here is pretty simple! What are your favorite plants for landscaping? I've gotten really into gardening lately so I wanna know what people think about the different plants.

Personally I love cedars, pansies, and sweet-olive bushes. They have a kind of mountain-y feel that's really quaint and I just wanna hug it.

All except red and yellow flowers.

I use all the bushes and trees.

See I don't get the red flowers, but I get the yellow ones. My village is overcome with yellow flowers. Maybe I should just stop planting them all together so they don't breed.

I like using cedars and clovers for anytime, but the type of bushes and flowers depends on the theme of my town. Right now I'm using purple and white flowers with occasional pink mixed in. Once I get bushes unlocked I want to use pink and blue hydrangeas.

Last edited:
It depends. I have an area with the yellow bench where I put orange pansies, roses, and lilies, along with sweet olive bushes. Where my fountain is, I have blue and pink hydrangea bushes with pink and blue roses :3 So it just depends

See I don't get the red flowers, but I get the yellow ones. My village is overcome with yellow flowers. Maybe I should just stop planting them all together so they don't breed.

I find red too stark.
Cheap looking.

i love decorating with clovers (my dirt paths have turned into clover-speckled dirt paths) and i like cedars. my favorite flowers are any purple ones, white carnations, and jacob's ladders :blush:

i really like having pink, white, & purple flowers. i also love the look of the azalea & olive starts. i would plant cedar trees everywhere, but they only grow in the north & i want to keep my town consistent (with the type of trees at least). i think having clovers & mushrooms spread out on the paths is also really pretty~

I love pine trees, holly and olive shoots :)
Flowers, all's good.

i like cedars, sweet olive bushes, holly and an orange/black flower combo!! gives me year-round Halloween vibes:cool:

I've used all the bushes, except hibiscus, in town. I plant different ones in different areas and it's created little neighborhoods. I've done the same with the fruit trees, keeping certain kinds to certain areas. As for cedars and regular trees, the top of my town is cedar and I have a few regular trees in the south, so I'll get pops of pink in the spring.

As for flowers, in non-residential areas, I've tried to use different ones that go with the trees/bushes. Each house has their own combination of flowers/colors to coordinate with the houses, although I keep them related (one neighborhood might have tulips at each house, although different colors). It gives each area its own uniqueness, but still ties the town together.

Back