• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What techniques do you use to memorize long pieces of documents?

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
What techniques do you use to memorize long pieces of documents?

I recently found if I work with someone to memorize the document, we do one paragraph when i can see and one when i can't send then read what I've done so far and go to the next paragraph and so on. What do you do!?​

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand what your situation is, but I've had to memorize (or become very familiar with) rpreseentations before, and I usually break it into paragraphs. Obviously if it's something you wrote yourself, it's a lot easier to memorize...

Tiny little pieces and sections at a time. I go over 1 tiny little section reading it several times, then I put it away and repeat it back as best as I can, then I look back at the reference and wherever I made a mistake I go back over it extra. I do the whole thing this way until I have it right!

i just re-read paragraphs and test myself on them over and over
it works sometimes

i never memorize things, it doesn't work well for me. if i had to try to memorize a text i guess i would read it a lot and write it down from memory but that seems like a Giant bother tbh
if i am doing a presentation or speech or something for school i try to rely on key words and knowing enough about what i'm talking about so even if i don't remember exactly how i worded something while writing the script i can still say something that means the same thing.

back when i took latin and we had to memorize tons of verb and noun charts, my teacher would make us chant them out loud or sing them in a song. it worked pretty well, i can still remember some of them

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, and writing it down actually helps a lot

Usually, I try to memorize it one sentence at a time. So I'll memorize one sentence, then read the next. Then I will memorize those two lines, and then add the third, and so on :)

I've been memorizing passages for the youth organization I'm in since I was ten and a half, and my technique is that I just take one paragraph, and learn it sentence by sentence. I'll repeat a sentence about 10 times until I'm feeling pretty confident about it. If the sentence is long or complicated I break it into two or more sections.

Using that method, I've managed to memorize a lot of text over the years; probably around 20 regular sized pages of text.

I am trash at memorization and any kind of presentation gives me horrible anxiety. I think the longest thing I even memorized was a a couple of paragraphs for an initiation ceremony for a Freemason sub-group I used to be a part of, and I got it down ok but died during the presentation... Thankfully it wasn't in front of a large group since the initiations we're private. :D

Back