• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Should I Do Next?

michealsmells

🎄❄️🌟
Bells
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
So currently I'm remaking my town but I've run into quite the... problem. Turns out I've almost run out of storage space. Now I have the storage upgrade for my house, yes, but nothing is sorted and now I only have a few more slots of storage before I completely run out. SO! Should I go ahead and make a new villager? They probably won't have any specific theme but I'm a hoarder and hate selling off items :p

I'm just thinking, is this a good tactic or just a waste of space? I guess I wanted more of an open-air theme on my town. This might just be personal preference but I just wanna see how others think.

My first suggestion is: if ANY of it is orderable, force yourself to sell it to Re-Tail. It's time-consuming but easy to go on Moridb and see if T&T sells it or not. WAY easier and faster than making a new character, getting the mannequins for it, and all the Shrunk emotions, etc, etc, etc. imo.

Plus, remember the upstairs of the museum has four big rooms. One of mine is filled full with ores, because I have a dream to get heavily into refurbishing "someday." Haha!

That's what I did.
Sold it all.
There will never be enough storage in AC. ^_^

I'd possibly make another character, IF I had any room. ^_^

Have gotten the museum upgrade?
And you could always delete your villager once you've cleared up storage decorating your mayor's house?

My first suggestion is: if ANY of it is orderable, force yourself to sell it to Re-Tail. It's time-consuming but easy to go on Moridb and see if T&T sells it or not. WAY easier and faster than making a new character, getting the mannequins for it, and all the Shrunk emotions, etc, etc, etc. imo.

Plus, remember the upstairs of the museum has four big rooms. One of mine is filled full with ores, because I have a dream to get heavily into refurbishing "someday." Haha!

Oh. My god. I completely forgot about the museum rooms (aka extra storage) or the catalog. I,, should get some sleep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah! I'm really stingy with space even with PWPs (which I wanna add in the future) but ding-a-ling me forgot about the catalog >:I

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes I have the museum upgrade! Thank you so much for reminding me about it :p

Being an inveterate hoarder myself (I prefer the term "packrattery, which I claim to have coined myself) ,this situation is inevitable in every town. I often think about selling off everything that can be ordered but, since that promises to be quite time-consuming, my even stronger curse of procrastination takes over and I vow to do it tomorrow.

Hi Toastybreads,

You can also attach items to mail, and store them in the Post Office. I do this with my holiday items.

I'm gonna end up just selling a bunch of my stuff. I'm really short on bells and don't much feel like beetle-hunting lately so selling everything I go!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oof I don't have nearly enough mail for that. I'll probably just save all my holiday stuff in my storage (the ones I haven't accidentally sold yet) and just buy again when I gotta.

Back before a rage quit hiatus, I apparently made a second character but was realizing that getting things I already had to her for organization was going to be too time consuming itself. Then I lost Skye, didn't play, problem solved XD

When I came back it took me like a week to find out about the WA update (I hadn't been connected to the internet) and I was resolved to sell off anything I could rebuy. Even that felt time consuming. Man, my excitement when Nook told me about that storage... I then learned that organization is actually a trait of mine that is higher than hoarding. I had duplicate items, and stuff I'd never wear, and getting rid of it was amazing.

It's still a little chaotic and I know I don't have as much stuff as other people even, so I've distracted myself with completing my wolf mission and getting my town to look how I want with plants etc.

Back