• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Writing letters to villagers

krystillin

Topically Grown Trash
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7866-4182-8305
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
Silver Mailbox
Tasty Cake
What kind of stuff do you write in your letters?
If I don't like them, I tell them that and to move out and what I don't like about them. If I do like them, I say so also and what I like. Just stuff to fill the lines. I wrote a short gibberish letter to Del and he wrote back, " What was that in, code? ". They just know sometimes.

At this point I basically only write to them when I want to send them new clothes/furniture or for meow rewards so I write the same message every time because it fills up all the letter space nicely and they respond positively to it - it's just the opening part of the english Sailor Moon theme lol ("Fighting evil by moonlight" etc)
Except the very first letter I send to a villager I would try to make more interesting because it's the one they seem to like showing off randomly. :p When I had villagers I hated I sometimes sent mean letters to them even tho I knew it wouldn't do anything hahah

Yeah it's just not really worth it. They barely send me any gifts in return. It would be cool if you could become pals with animals that have moved out.

man, i'd love to send letters to villagers that have moved out because i'd actually have a reason to write letters haha; i only send villagers letters when i'm giving them a gift, but i usually just say 'here you go' or 'take this' pft.

When I was younger I was WAAAAAY into it, I wanted to make them LOVE my letters, until I realized they basically use that letter like a dust collecter XD Now I either vent into he letters, or polietly ask them to leave, it's weirdly calming?

Idk random stuff. Sometimes I'll write about how the gift suits them... or something weird they did.. whatever comes to my mind.

Haha, tha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Haha, that gives me the idea of waiting until they do something dumb and then I'll write a letter to them. I wish it were easier to write the letters themselves

I write things that won't annoy me after they've shown it to me a hundred times.

To Shep.

Yo, you MEAT-EATING HEATHEN
Here's a vegetable basket.
Don't throw it out.
Give PEAS a chance.

Commander Snow.

^_^

OMG That's great! I wish I would've thought of that!

To: Bangle
If you told me you're a bracelet
If say you're lion.
But it wouldn't work cause she's a tiger

I used to write them all like once a week (I must have been crazy) and I would keep notes of what they said and sent me (yup, definitely crazy) and look up gift styles and colors they like (omgosh) and gift them once a week, too. Now I write and gift them once/month or so. I just save a bunch of random stuff like furniture, food and plants and send whatever, like a grab bag. (I've come a long way, baby.) I skipped Toy Day last year so I wrote them all on Dec. 25 saying something like "I heard Jingle fell down on the job. I'm so sorry! Here is a very special gift for you that I know you will like. Take it!"

i only really write to villagers to give them new shirts/furniture, and it's always something like "hi here's a new shirt, pls wear it thanks"

I write letters when I want to send a piece of furniture or clothing. I'll usually say something like "Saw *name of item* and thought it would look great in your house/on you. Hope you like it too."

Short, but they seem to like it; I always get a letter back, and 95% of the time get a gift back, too.

I do need to have a talk with Midge, though. Sent her a blossom tee (looks adorable on her, too), and she sent a letter saying that she read that models share clothing, so she wanted to send me a shirt, too. Something like that. What did she send?

A moldy shirt.

I thought we were friends.

I rarely send letters because I absolutely loathe writing/typing on the ds, it's a pain. When I do though I'll write welcoming letters to new move-ins and normal letters I just write stuff like "hey how are you? i got you a snack hope you like it" and attach some fruit. Or I tell them about my day or upcoming plans for the town and plans for irl stuff.

does the length actually matter?

I think it'll matter a little bit cause they usually say something about a short letter.
I just wrote a letter to Monique asking her to lay off the makeup.

I like to write letters after a villager says something particularly weird/funny. For example, the other day Merry was in the fossil exhibit and said she wanted to travel back in time to teach dinosaurs about fashion, so I sent her a letter that said "What kind of fashion do you think dinosaurs would like? Can you imagine a T-rex wearing a fancy dress?"

Like a few others have said, I really only send them letters with clothes because they were notorious for changing into my stupid test designs before I removed them. And saying "wear this please".

I think Kyle is the only one who has shown me the first letter I ever wrote him (and a number of times at that). It's something about how I adore him, but he keeps doing dumb things to his house and to use a piece of furniture I sent.

I actually talk to them e.e its weird.. Like Kyle has been flirting with me (the mayor) and so it'd be flirting back in letter xD He tells me the most RANDOMEST things its like ;~; why you be flirting and then sending me toilets?! What the heck man?!

Back