• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else struggle with acne/acne scars?

can you guys tell me what your diet is lol. I'm tired of all this acne and I want to glo up over the summer lol
Most important thing!!! NO DAIRY
I can't stress this enough. I would say oh diet doesn't do anything and ever since i've stopped eating dairy and minimizing sugar i've gotten less breakouts and less inflammation. It's gonna be like super hard at first because I used to be a cheese lover, I would eat cheese everyday and multiple times a day and I would even cry forcing myself not to eat cheese or pasta which I love but the results ve gotten have been amazing. You should try it for a week and see if it works for you but trust me that it will work.

Most important thing!!! NO DAIRY
I can't stress this enough. I would say oh diet doesn't do anything and ever since i've stopped eating dairy and minimizing sugar i've gotten less breakouts and less inflammation. It's gonna be like super hard at first because I used to be a cheese lover, I would eat cheese everyday and multiple times a day and I would even cry forcing myself not to eat cheese or pasta which I love but the results ve gotten have been amazing. You should try it for a week and see if it works for you but trust me that it will work.

I'm lactose intolerant, a wanna-be vegan, and I just plain hate dairy. This just does not work. I've tried everything. The only thing that helped me personally was going on regular hormonal birth control pills. You can't claim something will work for everybody, but I agree that it could probably help a lot of people.

I still get acne sometimes during periods of high stress and it annoys me soo much but I just have 2 be patient cuz it always chills out in a couple days. Had pretty terrible acne at the beginning of my adolescence which was kind of a nightmare so I'm just so glad that's long done. My skin's not like super awesome but it's all right most of the time.

I've struggled with really bad acne for several years now.
Just when I think I've got it beaten I break out again and I've got a whole new crop of scars that linger for months.
Sometimes I even get boils that have a nasty purple color and are really painful.

It is getting better for me however. I've started a new-ish skincare regimen though that's helping quite a bit!

What about you guys? Anybody else have or have had skin woes?

It doesn't hurt to try and go to a dermatologist ^^ they could prescribe you something or give you a shot of cortisone which should make cystic acne diminish drastically and rapidly. Especially since they're painful. I would always get cystic acne on my chin every time of month, but it felt like it never goes away b/c it takes weeks to get rid of it, then when its gone, new ones pop up because its my time of month again :)))))))))). But on a magic day that my skin is clearing up, the redness from before has not. But I was able to get rid of these scars pretty easily with weekly exfoliation, and over night treatments like curcuma skin products that I bought when I was in Vietnam. they work really well. Aloe vera gel helps a lot too. The korean brands are nice. I noticed using american aloe burns my skin, but the korean brands do not. I think maybe because american aloe brands target healing of sun burn, and not facial scars and redness, so its a little more harsh, idk.

I still suffer from it but it's getting better. I've had it since 2009 though. I got it right when I turned 9 and I turn 18 this Friday...

Yup, I have scars all over my face due to acne and some not due to acne. I've had acne since maybe 10-11 and it's still going. I have conditions that cause it too, so it's just unavoidable for me. Everyone will tell you the typical things like oh eat healthier, use such and such acne product etc. but that generally doesn't help scarring from my experience. I thought I just had to deal with it as there was nothing to do about it. But one day when I was about 17-18, my doctor finally pointed it out and put me in the right direction with some medicated gel stuff that heals the scarring sooo well. My face is a lot clearer than what it has been, and it has even helped with old scars too.

So tl;dr, please ask a doctor or pharmacist and ask about products or prescriptions to help with scarring!

Not as bad as before, but my forehead and back are bad (not as bad as some cases that I've seen). I've tried getting rid of it, but I guess it's probably scarred now. :/

Back