• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone else struggle with acne/acne scars?

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
I've struggled with really bad acne for several years now.
Just when I think I've got it beaten I break out again and I've got a whole new crop of scars that linger for months.
Sometimes I even get boils that have a nasty purple color and are really painful.

It is getting better for me however. I've started a new-ish skincare regimen though that's helping quite a bit!

What about you guys? Anybody else have or have had skin woes?

To be honest, I was extremely lucky enough to hardly have an issue with acne at all, so I don't have any scars from it. Though I do have a really short, wide bump on the right side of my forehead where I had acne for a few weeks years ago.

But I always tried to help my friends when they had acne issues in hopes that they wouldn't have their face all scarred up and hurting. I never go around flaunting the fact that I rarely have the issue and try to help others instead.

I know you'll break out of it eventually, just remember to wash/scrub your face often and take care of yourself!

Last edited:
I do. I miss the days when my face was smooth and acne free :( it's not fair going to school everyday and seeing no one have acne except me. And my friends always complain when they get ONE zit on their nose, and I'm like "I go to school with them everyday, so shut up"

I'm using this medication that my dermatologist gave me, but I hate using it. I know I have to do it every day and night for it to work but I'm just so lazy I can't be bothered... but that's why my New Years resolution is to use it everyday and I've been doing pretty good. I don't know if it's working though :/

I have smallish breakouts i guess. Like mild acne xD I do seems to get those 'under-the-skin" ones that are extremely annoying >.> I have normal skin, and I found that washing my face too often was breaking me out :[ So now, I use the Pond's cold cream cleanser when I shower, and my skin is doing pretty good :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do. I miss the days when my face was smooth and acne free :( it's not fair going to school everyday and seeing no one have acne except me. And my friends always complain when they get ONE zit on their nose, and I'm like "I go to school with them everyday, so shut up"

LITERALLY SAME :0

my face...is very bumpy
i never wear makeup. not even to cover it. i might cover one or two spots near my lips and that's the max, so everyone sees my lovely red acne spots on my forehead and cheeks

Unfortunately. I was among the only one in high school to have acne, which really sucked. When I was a freshman in college, it started getting worse so I was put on accutane for 5 months. It was brutal, but I’ve only had one pimple in the last 4 months whereas I constantly had 8-10 every day before. Now I just use a basic cleanser & moisturizer to kee things clean on my face, but I have a lot of scarring from before. I’m using a cream to try to reduce that scarring & I might look into some other options later down the road to fix them.

Unfortunately. I've struggled with acne for about 10 years, I remember being 12 (when it was a lot worse than it is now) and being told it wouldn't be an issue in a few years, now I'm 21 and still struggle.

I don't think it's even nearly as bad as it used to be, but it's definitely an issue. I've tried everything, various face products, drinking 2+ liters of water a day, only eating raw, cutting out oil and sugar, changing my pillowcase daily, nothing makes it go away completely, and I don't think it ever will. I don't think it's bad enough to see a doctor about though. I feel like it's a lot worse than I think it is, I've just gotten used to it. I have many acne scars now too, you can feel them on my face and it makes me feel awful,but I guess there's not much I can do.

Unfortunately. I've struggled with acne for about 10 years, I remember being 12 (when it was a lot worse than it is now) and being told it wouldn't be an issue in a few years, now I'm 21 and still struggle.

It‘s literally the same for me. Luckily, I got prescription ointments from my dermatologist that work really well - I‘ve got no issues whatsoever as long as I don‘t forget using that stuff every single day.
For anyone struggling with acne: Go see a dermatologist, asap. Don‘t try to self-medicate, as over the counter ointments have a nasty tendency to backfire and make matters worse (... at least on me, haha... orz).

i have acne due to stress and poor diet and everythign else in between, and it varies from the cystic acne-ish lurkers to whiteheads :( ive been slowly changing my skincare routine to fix my oily skin and im going to get some of the ordinary's products to try and fight my acne. i'd go to a dermatologist but ive had awful experiences with them so far, and some destroyed my skin for months or years :/

I used to have a lot all throughout collage (this in NZ so it's like from 12 to 18 years old). Then when I went to uni it magically stopped. I'm 23 now and my face is pretty much spotless, which is ironic since my work makes me the most stressed out that I have ever been ^-^

I actually didn't get any acne until I was an adult. Had perfect skin up to 20 and then the stress kicked in.
Took a year to clear it up by changing my diet and reducing the work load.
Basically ate more vegetable and use minimum makeup. While applying bio oil daily. ~

Try Pixi Glow Tonic... 5% glycolic acid. $15 at Target and works amazingly. Has wonderful reviews as well

Yeah. It's not super severe, but I have blackheads all over my nose. And I do have some acne on my forehead.

this is kinda old but i suffer from acne a lot. it's not severe but i still hate getting pimples. i always break out on my chin, rn i have 3 pimples on my chin :/ it really harms my self esteem so i try to hide them but it actually makes the pimples worse

I get pretty bad hormonal acne and the scars stay for about a week or two. What helps is when I drink lots of water and after cleansing my face I apply a vitamin c serum or snail ampole to the spots. I also find it good to get pimple patches - they deter me from picking at the scars but work best on fresh scars/pimples. Regularly washing my pillow case works well too.

ever since i turned eleven i've been dealing with acne and it's miserable. i used to be pretty insecure about it and would beat myself up over it. now, i don't really care. i use a prescribed facial wash and topicals. i don't break out as badly as i used to but i know how you feel and you aren't alone - don't get upset over it.

After getting a shot when I was like 12 my arms started breaking out really bad, I took extra care to wash them thoroughly to try to prevent it from happening, but I am fairly certain it was a reaction to the shot I got. From years of picking at the acne I have a bunch of itty bitty scars all over my arms, but thankfully because I have freckles you can't really tell. I get acne every once and a while on my face, but it never gets really back, I just get some black heads on my nose and in the hollows of my cheeks where oil gathers. And of course if I eat lots of greasy food, or let the puppies lick me, I'll get some on my chin. So usually it's not bad, and I try to wash my face and do treatments/masks often enough that my skin is pretty nice most of the time. =D

I've struggled with severe acne for years :/ but i've been visiting a dermatologist and luckily the acne has improved also I changed my diet a bit an it seemed to help a looot.
Still I struggle with really dark acne scars which sucks, I still havent had the courage to go out of my house without some makeup on.
I hope to keep improving this year and hopefully someday the marks will fade away

can you guys tell me what your diet is lol. I'm tired of all this acne and I want to glo up over the summer lol

I had clear skin as a teenager. My friends used to always say I had the skin texture and color of a porcelain doll...

I hit 19 years old and had a massive breakout and 5 years later, it's still there... I miss my teenager skin.

Back