• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help me name my third villager?

Which name fits better?

• Total voters

Bluebellie

Apple 🍎
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Melancolia
Red Envelope
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
In My town Achrome, I decided to go with a mineral/ rock theme for names. So far There is Onyx the mayor and Amethyst. I’m going for a dark gothic theme all around my town. Which of these names fit better with onyx and amethyst ? The third character will have a blueish theme house so the name has to match. If you know any other minerals with blue hue, throw them in as well!

Last edited:
Sapphire

It's my birthstone so I immediately thought of that, but it's also a dark blue :)
-
I didn't see the poll haha whoops

but yeah my point still stands

oh and I think it also sounds nicer than the other options, except for Cobalt

Last edited:
Well I don't know about minerals, but you could always name a villager Coal, like a play on Cole. Whenever I think of minerals, I immediately think of underground deposits/miners. And most mining deposits are primarily for coal.

If you're going for a dark Gothic theme, that could work. Because mining, especially for coal isn't a glamorous profession. Just an idea.

I just looked up Larimar and it’s an absolutely gorgeous mineral! The blue hues are soft, but you could make it an alluring blue fairytale house amidst the gothic town. It’s ultimately your choice though. I decided to vote for that name. :>

Also, I like TheDuke55’s play with Coal (Cole). His house could be a shabby old-fashioned cottage or something. :p

Well I don't know about minerals, but you could always name a villager Coal, like a play on Cole. Whenever I think of minerals, I immediately think of underground deposits/miners. And most mining deposits are primarily for coal.

If you're going for a dark Gothic theme, that could work. Because mining, especially for coal isn't a glamorous profession. Just an idea.
You know coal actually never crossed my mind but it is a nice name , I don’t know why I didn’t even have it as an option at the beginning . Though since I already have onyx , I wouldn’t be able to name the third Cole. I want each house to have a different color scheme. And since onyx is already gettin a black house, I just wouldn’t know what to do with coal.

Oh sorry, I didn't know you had a poll. Was that there the whole time? I must be losing it...

And no worries, I just threw that idea out on the spot.

Sapphire

It's my birthstone so I immediately thought of that, but it's also a dark blue :)
-
I didn't see the poll haha whoops

but yeah my point still stands

oh and I think it also sounds nicer than the other options, except for Cobalt
I was think I about that. Cobalt and sapphire are common and the others not so much...so I feel like maybe the theme wouldn’t even stand out and much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh sorry, I didn't know you had a poll. Was that there the whole time? I must be losing it...

And no worries, I just threw that idea out on the spot.

My fault I don’t think my computer loaded properly when I was making it. sorry about that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just looked up Larimar and it’s an absolutely gorgeous mineral! The blue hues are soft, but you could make it an alluring blue fairytale house amidst the gothic town. It’s ultimately your choice though. I decided to vote for that name. :>

Also, I like TheDuke55’s play with Coal (Cole). His house could be a shabby old-fashioned cottage or something. :p

That’s a great idea! Alot of my rooms play on creepy but sort of elegant...none of them are truly creepy or scary. So a fairytale house wouldn’t stand out too much :)

Out of these, I like Sapphire the best! It has exactly 8 letters too :)
For another option, how about Lapis, from the Lapis Lazuli mineral? It's dark blue :)

I voted Larimar; it's a beautiful name for a male character. If you only want female, though, then go with Sapphire.

EDIT: If you don't wind up using Larimar I probably will. Full disclaimer.

Last edited:
That’s a great idea! Alot of my rooms play on creepy but sort of elegant...none of them are truly creepy or scary. So a fairytale house wouldn’t stand out too much :)

Thanks! I think I remember some of the pictures you posted of your interior houses, so I think the fairytale house would contribute to the theme you’re going for while providing a contrast to it to keep it interesting. :>

Out of these, I like Sapphire the best! It has exactly 8 letters too :)
For another option, how about Lapis, from the Lapis Lazuli mineral? It's dark blue :)

I actually saw that one when searching :D
I love how it looks...but I feel like if I shortened it to just lapis ...then it sound so like pencil in Spanish even if it’s spelled differently.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I voted Larimar; it's a beautiful name for a male character. If you only want female, though, then go with Sapphire.

EDIT: If you don't wind up using Larimar I probably will. Full disclaimer.

All my villagers are always girls :D
I feel strange playing as a boy character when I’m a girl. And since all I only do girly sort of interior I wouldn’t know what to do with a boy in town.....but but Larimar sounds like a male character? I thoughht it could work for both. Is it too manly? I thought it might be like the name onyx which is sort of neutral and could go either way. but is it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks! I think I remember some of the pictures you posted of your interior houses, so I think the fairytale house would contribute to the theme you?re going for while providing a contrast to it to keep it interesting. :>

That?s always an option...I started to actually run out of dark furniture to use D:

Last edited:
Keep in mind you could always use Emerald and go with a dark, spooky green if you're struggling with blue. =)

I like Azurite, personally of the choices.
Topaz can also come in blue, and Zircon (very sci-fi sounding), Lapis or Agate, (doesn't exactly roll of the tongue, though)
Here's a gem site that sorts stones by color:
https://www.gemselect.com/other-info/blue-gemstones.php

I always thought of topaz as blue! That was my first option since it sounds really nice. But I notice that the rocks are not always so blue so then I started rethinking it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Keep in mind you could always use Emerald and go with a dark, spooky green if you're struggling with blue. =)

I thought about this. I am actually thinking maybe for the fourth character if I make one. I decided blue for now since it was so easy to easily stray into blue designing when I was doing the other two characters.

I love the name Sapphire! Plus I think it fits with your mayor and villager c: it has a nice ring to it too

That’s a really nice name as well! Though I likely won’t be doing a 4 th villager. Most of the times I don’t get that far...because I do like to have a spot open Incase I need to plot set. And plus the way my current town is set up, would look odd with a 4th. I was actually only doing two but it looks weird with just two as well. I have a strange map. And I’m running out of creepy gothic furniture pieces for a fourth villager :D

Back