• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ever see anything you can't explain?

When I was a kid I woke up in the middle of the night in hopes of seeing the tooth fairy and I saw a weird yellow orb floating next to my bed. Tbh it was probably a dream but it still seemed so real

Last edited:
This should be a short horror story thread >_<"

For me, I would hallucinate and see evil cereal box mascots as a young kid. Laugh now, but my organs were Magically Delicious.

So much stuff man... One experience that I can't even begin to debunk as anything but something paranormal or extraterrestrial stands out in particular.

It was a quiet night and I was cuddled down on bed trying to get to sleep when I start to hear a whirring sound coming from outside. I look towards my shut blinds and see as a bright light makes a pass over my window. I wait a second as the sounds subsides and I peak out my blinds, checking down the street the way the light went. I could only explain the light like if someone walked past, shining a bright flashlight into my window. There was nothing either way on the street so I laid back down. The whirring grew and the light passed again the opposite way and I just kept laying there, petrified. It might not seem particularly weird or scary but this was around 3 in the morning, on the second floor...

The butterfly in Figments ride at Disney world. I just can?t explain it.

People supporting Trump. Other than them having some kind of.. idk surgery that makes hem support him

also @ gyro I agree about maths problems, that was lit my worst subject together with physics.. but then they kinda have them same type of annoyance to them that is not my brain.

Boy I'm never gonna hear the end of this one am I

Don't take it that serious. I just dislike him and people even hinting that they like him without explanation amuses me, especially people from the US thinking he's God's Gift(tm) to the people without explaining or seeing his actual bad sides.

With the way my social skills are, almost everything is hard to explain lol.

Let's see though... I remember hearing vocals once as a kid while on the road with my mum and brother. There was no audio (radio wasn't on, and this is back when phones/handhelds didn't have audio THAT clear lol). Wasn't any ringing in my ears either. It stood out, but faint? I was brought up in the church, so I told mum it must have been angels lol. Looking back, still don't know though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't take it that serious. I just dislike him and people even hinting that they like him without explanation amuses me, especially people from the US thinking he's God's Gift(tm) to the people without explaining or seeing his actual bad sides.

Ugh trust me, most of us want him out lol
I don't talk politics much, but this I assure.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So much stuff man... One experience that I can't even begin to debunk as anything but something paranormal or extraterrestrial stands out in particular.

It was a quiet night and I was cuddled down on bed trying to get to sleep when I start to hear a whirring sound coming from outside. I look towards my shut blinds and see as a bright light makes a pass over my window. I wait a second as the sounds subsides and I peak out my blinds, checking down the street the way the light went. I could only explain the light like if someone walked past, shining a bright flashlight into my window. There was nothing either way on the street so I laid back down. The whirring grew and the light passed again the opposite way and I just kept laying there, petrified. It might not seem particularly weird or scary but this was around 3 in the morning, on the second floor...

I got chills...

I had a doll in my home that would turn around when I wasn't looking. It had no electronic parts, and I had the guarantee that no one else living in my house did it.

I haven't had notable experiences that could be considered paranormal or at least I can't remember if I have, but one thing that I can remember is about a picture my friend's mom took in their house. I also saw that picture, and there was a man standing in the background of it even though there apparently weren't any men in the house at the time. :eek:

Sometimes I kind of hope that I'd encounter something spooky myself, but then again I'd probably just end up extra scared.

Sometimes when looking around, I think I see something or someone but when looking again, it's gone.
When I try then to explain what's up, it's hard for me to even start what or who exactly I saw.

At some points, I also have that feeling of having a D?j?-vu, even it's not really one? Idk, it feels
like one but then I can't remember when this situation happend before.

All the time lmao.

Paranormal and supernatural things are usually drawn to me. I'm also a witch, and just a very spiritual person in general, so I believe that has a lot to do with it. I'm very open to other realms and existences and such. I've seen ghosts, lights in the sky, had things whisper in my ear, had high-pitched fairy-like voices speak to me (some of which I believe are plants? I work with flowers and trees and such at my workplace, so that makes some sense), you name it. There are more personal experiences which I won't list here, for- well, personal reasons (they are personal after all), but yeah! I don't really get spooked easily, since this has been going on for years. If anything, I'm really grateful to experience these things, and interact with these beings- or, to have them interact with me.

I also experience deja-vu on an almost daily basis. Among this, I even experience things in my dreams that, again, I won't say because they're personal to my life. But, in a way that doesn't totally make me seem like a crazy person, I will say that I usually receive messages and such.

About 10 years ago, I saw some Night-vision type green cloud smoke in the sky around 11PM. I've always wondered if that was a UFO or maybe firecrackers, but there was no firecracker sound.
It could've been a firecracker cloud from awhile ago. I'm not sure how long firework clouds exist before they dissipate though

When I was around 10 years old, my family lived in a house that just never felt right. My mom began having major health problems and deep depression when we moved there. My brother swears that he saw a boy standing on the ground below his second story window one night throwing rocks at it, but it wasn't any of the other kids in the neighborhood.

I was having a sleep over one night with my best friend and we got thirsty so we went to the kitchen for some water. Everyone else was asleep. I turned on the kitchen light and opened a cabinet to get some cups. When I closed the cabinet I saw the shadow of a very large man standing in the dining room to my right. My friend saw it too; we compared notes later and she described it exactly the way I remembered it. We ran to wake up my parents, but my dad thought we were playing and told us to go back to bed. We didn't see anything else that night, but I'm positive that it was not my imagination. My friend refused to ever sleep over at my house again. We always stayed at her house after that night.

I don't even want to read these because I will get spooked lmao

I can remember one thing from my childhood though. I went to grab something out of the garage for my parents and when I opened the door this white, misty ghost like figure slivered around the door and came face to face with me and smirked. I was stunned and didn't move or scream. It kinda felt like a sleep paralysis episode but when I was fully awake. Probably some kinda of hallucination or something...

I saw a bunch of UFO's when I was in England. I texted my grandmother to tell her and she thought I was making stuff up.

Oh and I forgot to mention that after that day I couldn't go into dark rooms without immediately switching the lights on first and I got into such a habit of doing it that I still do that to this day lmao

Well, yes, but I suffer from bipolar psychosis (hallucinations, basically). Like earlier today, I could have sworn I heard "Tequila" playing in my living room, but the tv was on mute.

Back