• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ever see anything you can't explain?

TheyBeenHere

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
You know? UFOs? Bigfeets? Ghostes? I've seen multiple UFOs and a couple glowing orbs in abandoned houses. Would be more than happy to go into detail but I'm more interested in what yoooou guys have seen. So lay it on me!

well, i have a story

6-7 years ago i was at my dad's house and my sister and my half sister decided to do Le epic prank on me and pretend they saw slenderman to make me scared
even though i'm dumb little **** i was sceptical until they showed me the bedroom window and i saw a bleeding stitched face with white fingers tapping on the window
i was scared and i started to cry and they were like It was a prank bro lolz
i can easily explain as i'm a very vivid kid and i've hallucinated a lot in my life
my fears probably manifested into that and my sisters were probably tapping somewhere
but still, a weird experience

i looked out my window and above the clouds there were lots of lights moving around. i tried to film it but it was too dark and late at night. also when i told my family they couldn't see anything.

Last edited:
saw some lights in the sky once I couldn't explain, and no they most definitely were not helicopters mom.

Once a friend and I were walking outside and there was a small orb about the size of a grapefruit floating next to a street light. When my friend and I approached it, it floated up a couple of feet. As we walked away, it returned to its original position

interesting thread.

sometimes my deja vu is so strong and precise that i just can't attribute it to a misfire of brain synapses. i (rarely, thankfully) get sleep paralysis too and to this day i don't know if my eyes are actually open & i'm actually seeing the room i'm in or it's just a very vivid imagination.

i can't think of anything i've seen off the top of my head, but i'll post if i do!

why would you say you can’t explain it and then go on to explain it w it being aliens or bigfoot lol

Many things.

Something woke me up, and I saw the back of my Father as he walked out of my room.
I said "DAD".

Then he was gone.
He passed away two months before that.

I remember feeling a calm that I hadn't felt since he died.

The weird thing is, something woke me up.

A few years ago, I saw a glowing orb in the nightsky during a mild thunderstorm (sheet lightning) that just seemed to hang in the air at low altitude for a while. I didn't think much of it - I thought it was just a spotlight or reflection - until it bolted upwards and vanished. To this day, I still don't know what that thing was, although I still believe it might have been ball lightning.

Last edited:
A shadow person ran across the railroad tracks in front of of my friends truck while the crossing arms were down. The arms were down for no reason as well, as there was definitely no train coming, we can always hear them from a mile away, literally.
We both saw it, so I know I wasn't imagining things. Also, he didn't have feet, just legs that kind of faded around the calves.

When I was in 8th grade, I went winter camping with my Environmental Adventures class. When we set up our food bag(it had to be in a tree so animals wouldn't get it), I felt something poke me. No one was close enough to have touched me, and we were in the middle of the woods.

One time we were in Norway during holidays. We were driving these serpentine roads in the top of the mountains.

So, there is a car driving front of us, but we had bit of distance to it so it wasn't very close to us, but we saw it clearly. Another car is coming towards the car which is in front of us. The moment the approaching car was passing the one which was front of us, it just disappeared, when it was "behind" the other car in our perspective. It never appeared when it should have come back to our sight. So this happened in one second or so.

And I wasn't the only one who saw it. My boyfriend, who was sitting next to me, saw it too. That was pretty interesting, but it wasn't really a scary thing though.

I hope the explanation was clear enough >_<

About 10 years ago, I saw some Night-vision type green cloud smoke in the sky around 11PM. I've always wondered if that was a UFO or maybe firecrackers, but there was no firecracker sound.

Its not something Ive seen but Ive heard a ghost before.

I was about 9 maybe 10 years old and my uncle was babysitting me while my mom went to work. It was just my uncle and I at home along with my dogs. And so I was playing video games and he was in the living room taking a nap. Well I had the urge to use the bathroom so I did. When I was done I looked in the mirror and washed my hands. I then heard someone call my name but it sounded exactly like my mother calling for me. I responded with "Mom?" And glanced out the bathroom but only saw my uncle asleep. I heard it once more saying my name and "Come, help me". I was so confused at the time. I woke my uncle up and asked him if my mom was home. He shook his head and told me she wouldn't be back for another hour. I told him what I heard and he instantly got excited. He's a major Alien-Ghost believer so when I told him that he just had to investigate it. He came up with nothing and told me to not play around like that. I told my mom later that day when she came home and she was confused. Told me to stop making up stories. But oh man, I remember it clear as day. And I know it couldn't have been my other family members since the rest of them spoke only spanish. The voice spoke in english.. It inspired me to write ghost stories for my class xD And they loved them hahaha.

I saw a creepy looking bird when we were driving around the hills of my home city Wellington, New Zealand. It was standing creepily and staring at me, it looked similar to a puffin but it was almost 2x the size of a regular one and it was super skinny and had tall legs. It freaked me out...

When people first settled in NZ there were two huge birds, the Haast's eagle and the moa. They're both extinct but I like to imagine they're just hiding somewhere in like an underground forest or cave.

(Google Moa and Haast's eagle though, they're super cool and were way bigger then humans)

Last edited:
I haven't really seen things I can't explain but I have heard things. One night a few years ago I was watching some spooky videos when I heard what sounded like a woman screaming bloody murder. At first I thought it was the video so I rewound to hear and... nothing. Then I realized it sounded like it came from the park right across the street. I was too scared to move but eventually I went to my sister's room and asked her if she heard it and she didn't.

One night I also heard what sounded like knocking on the wall/window right beside my bed. I went to ask my sister and she said it was just her but it didn't sound like she bumped something. There was a series of very fast, very clear, knuckle-on-drywall knocks that I heard extremely clearly.

Last week, I was outside with my cousins sledding around 8pm.
It was foggy that night, so it's not like you could see anything.

In the distance, there were five or six lights, some of which would fade out of sight and come back. Sometimes you couldn't see them, whilst other times there were five.

We all saw them, and eventually got freaked out and went back. They ended up flying over us (but we didn't see them)

There wasn't any noise associated with them, and they seemed to come from behind the mountains. I have no idea what they could've been.

Back