• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Great Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes!

KaydeeKrunk

The Late Great Turt
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
So my boyfriend is him-hawing between becoming a vegetarian or pescatarian like I am, from his previous meat eating diet, and I have a few recipes that are tried and true that I make often that he loves to eat, but a good portion of our meals are freezer bought and heated up...

I want to try my best and make more of our meals with him this year, so we can make bigger portions and have leftovers and not have to go out or just eat frozen junk day after day...

So I was hoping that some people on here with awesome vegan or vegetarian recipes(or ones that can be easily made as such by omitting things) would be willing to share some with me!

Here is my favorite falafel recipe. I don't know who "Sean" is but I want to kiss him! Every time I make this I have to make a double batch because my family LOVES them and the sauce is an amazing addition! 100% better if you actually deep fry them but pan frying is good as well, and I have also made these as burgers, just adding in a bit more binder and making patties instead and they were great! Awesome on a bun, in a pita pocket, or just eaten plain dipped in the sauce. (I know it's cheating using the canned chickpeas but I don't have time or effort to soak beans all day...)

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making food, I'll always go for the option of whipping something up quickly, although I'm trying to get back into cooking more too. I don't follow recipies too much, I just find out what works best for me and do it. I'd recommend cookbooks if you can get any, I've borrowed some from libraries in the past, and bought some cheap, it really helps if you don't know what you want to cook, you can just look through and pick something!

Some common foods that you can simply change to fit your diet such as fajitas, nachos and stir frys, are really pretty cheap, easy and tasty. My tips for things like these are lots of spices / seasoning. I don't use recipies for these, but there's tonnes out there!

For foods in big batches, combinations of rice / beans / sweet potatoes are always good and easy to make loads of. I'll often go through my cupboard and make use of whatever beans or vegetables I have by just throwing them together with rice and adding spices, I always end up with loads that way, again it's "lazy" and not a real recipie, but hey.

I prefer watching videos for inspiration, here's some channels I like;
Cheap Lazy Vegan
hot for food

So my boyfriend is him-hawing between becoming a vegetarian or pescatarian like I am, from his previous meat eating diet, and I have a few recipes that are tried and true that I make often that he loves to eat, but a good portion of our meals are freezer bought and heated up...

I want to try my best and make more of our meals with him this year, so we can make bigger portions and have leftovers and not have to go out or just eat frozen junk day after day...

So I was hoping that some people on here with awesome vegan or vegetarian recipes(or ones that can be easily made as such by omitting things) would be willing to share some with me!

Here is my favorite falafel recipe. I don't know who "Sean" is but I want to kiss him! Every time I make this I have to make a double batch because my family LOVES them and the sauce is an amazing addition! 100% better if you actually deep fry them but pan frying is good as well, and I have also made these as burgers, just adding in a bit more binder and making patties instead and they were great! Awesome on a bun, in a pita pocket, or just eaten plain dipped in the sauce. (I know it's cheating using the canned chickpeas but I don't have time or effort to soak beans all day...)
i got one for you

gorgonzola risotto; dead simple and delicious. (all goes into one big pan)
fry chopped onion, add chopped celery, add the rice, to cook the risotto rice add vegetable stock ... when done, add block of gorgonzola (cut it in small pieces) mix it all together with the risotto and vegetables, let the cheese melt in for a few mins on stove and done

Last edited:
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making food, I'll always go for the option of whipping something up quickly, although I'm trying to get back into cooking more too. I don't follow recipies too much, I just find out what works best for me and do it. I'd recommend cookbooks if you can get any, I've borrowed some from libraries in the past, and bought some cheap, it really helps if you don't know what you want to cook, you can just look through and pick something!

Some common foods that you can simply change to fit your diet such as fajitas, nachos and stir frys, are really pretty cheap, easy and tasty. My tips for things like these are lots of spices / seasoning. I don't use recipies for these, but there's tonnes out there!

For foods in big batches, combinations of rice / beans / sweet potatoes are always good and easy to make loads of. I'll often go through my cupboard and make use of whatever beans or vegetables I have by just throwing them together with rice and adding spices, I always end up with loads that way, again it's "lazy" and not a real recipie, but hey.

I prefer watching videos for inspiration, here's some channels I like;
Cheap Lazy Vegan
hot for food

I am huge on Mexican food. We make quesodillas, burritos, tacos, taco salad, and nachos all the time! I'll have to check out those videos cause I'm all for lazy cooking. I'm planning on finding some more recipes for the crock pot cause it's so nice to toss stuff in and leave it.

Easy: Spaghetti (and or any kind of pasta really!). Spaghetti is 100% vegan so long as you exclude the meat sauce/meat balls :)

Easy: Spaghetti (and or any kind of pasta really!). Spaghetti is 100% vegan so long as you exclude the meat sauce/meat balls :)

yeah boi. also pasta salad, just add whatever veggies and stuff with the pasta and salad leaves to make it more food-y and enjoy.. best thing evrrr.

and yeah spaghetti/macaroni with whatever sauce is deeeeelish.

wish i could remember my mom's vegetarian stew recipe, like how she does it but it's literally onion, carrot, coconut milk, ginger and red lentils with some liquid i guess xD

Pasta is lit. I'm a huge fan of noods. I'm really good at customizing sauces and stuff. Of course I love adding shramp so it's not really vegetarians but still SO good. (I know you hate shramp Sheila my bbyturt.)

Last edited:
Pasta is lit. I'm a huge fan of noods. I'm really good at customizing sauces and stuff. Of course I love adding shramp so it's not really vegetarians but still SO good. (I know you hate shramp Sheila my bbyturt.)

it's shrimp go get sober lol

also in my mom's stew it's those tomatoes.. wtf do u call em "crushed tomatoes" like a tomato sauce you buy ready

it's shrimp go get sober lol

also in my mom's stew it's those tomatoes.. wtf do u call em "crushed tomatoes" like a tomato sauce you buy ready

Zsouns dankbeo.iga on I wanna try it
Ayyyuu

go sleep first lol.

but yeah just mix stuff together to a stew in a pot i guess.

one meal I like is...
Gnocchi/ravioli/tortellini with tomato sauce, mixed veggies (like zucchini, squash, onions, peas, carrots) and vegetarian/vegan meatballs or vegetarian/vegan sausage. Sprinkle some cheese or vegan cheese on top in a bowl. Mmmm..

...shame I hate cooking.

Last edited:
I like to make stir fry out of a variety of vegetables (something like broccoli, edamame, carrots, bean sprouts and mushrooms) and put it over brown rice with teriyaki or soy sauce, or over lentils with a little olive oil, salt & pepper.

You two could also try hotpot if you have a hotplate. Just boil some water, add something like chili oil, soy sauce or ponzu to the water as your base, then add your vegetables/ greens and cook to the desired tenderness. You can then save the broth and some of the veggies and add udon noodles for a nice soup later.

If your boyfriend is considering becoming a vegetarian, make sure he's getting enough protein in his diet. That's the number one reason people fail on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Low protein can lead to fatigue, joint pain (your joint fluid is viscous and high in protein), brain fog and a number of other symptoms.

Got some stuff today for a few recipes I've been wanting to try. Got everything to make some amazing vegetarian lasagna my late Aunt used to make, she substituted the lasagna noodles for eggroll wrappers and the mix of veggies is sooo good! Mushroom, squash, zucchini, carrot, and onion with lots of spices!!!! I also found some kabocha pumpkin which our stores rarely have, so I picked one up as well as all the stuff for some Thai pumpkin curry!

Back