• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Please Delete]

UnwrittenTale

Bells
So, I've had this save file for three years, just about.

It's packed with badges, a nice time log, looaads of rare items, completed museum, three finished houses, and all upgraded shops.

Non-amiibo villagers will only ask to move out if there are nine of them in the village. The problem is, in order to bump it up from 7 to 9, I would have to scan out Wolfgang and Marshal. My two best friends and fave villagers, not easy to get again via the villager cycle, not cheap cards to come by, and Marshal and I have a lottt of sentiment together. He lives about two feet from my house, sends meaningful presents and always drops by.

What, in your opinion, is best to do? Let them go, scan out and wait for the village to refresh itself by moving out amiibos? Or completely wipe the file after a meticulous, frustrating amount of planning/holding items?

I want Louie in my town, but all these other Amiibos are preventing me from doing that. Heck, I would love to visit a cycle thread and get all of my GC villagers in town. I'm sitting here, torn for months, because I can't make a decision.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really thought I had eliminated this problem, but the lack of villager 'variety' is leaving me feeling a little dry every time I come back to play.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think it should matter what I say or any other member. It all boils down to what do you want? What do you feel is best for you?

I wish I knew. I feel like no matter what I do it's going to create a lot of frustration and initial sadness, but it's just /how much/ of it I want to put up with and eventually get over. It feels like the game is done, like I can't do much else with it anymore. I'm not sure if I want to build up partially and just see new faces, or have the experience of rebuilding. I know I have to make some change, but people are predisposed to dislike that. I'm curious to see what other people would do. I'm giving it a lot of thought.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't want to make a rash decision either that I'm going to regret. You know? I'm leaning towards scanning them out and taking the slow approach... I could still see them in the shops but it's just letting go for that (30? 40?) cycle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Closing the thread, I think I'll just scan them out... Villagers are easier to get back than progress. ;o;

Back