• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anyone have the Pro controller for Switch?

Yes. Now go buy one and thank me later :)

I honestly prefer playing most games with the joy-con separately. I love how lax it is to just lounge around with your arms any which way. For some reason I like playing with my hands crossed over on my lap. And for games that don’t work as well with separate joy cons (which is only Splatoon 2 in my case) slipping them onto the joucon holder works just fine.

I really don’t get why people say the pro controller is drastically better, I play Splatoon 2 just as well either way.

The Pro Controller is well worth the price. If I'm not playing in handheld mode, I'm using the Pro. So yes. But it.

I honestly prefer playing most games with the joy-con separately. I love how lax it is to just lounge around with your arms any which way. For some reason I like playing with my hands crossed over on my lap. And for games that don’t work as well with separate joy cons (which is only Splatoon 2 in my case) slipping them onto the joucon holder works just fine.

I really don’t get why people say the pro controller is drastically better, I play Splatoon 2 just as well either way.

This. So much this. I love lying upside-down on my couch while playing, and the separate joy cons are the only controller that allow me to do so comfortably - with one hand behind/under my head (almost on the floor) and the other next to me on the couch. It sounds weird but it’s really super comfy, haha. And even for games reliant on gyro-controls (like Spla2n), you get the hang of aiming upside-down with the joy con pretty quickly :D

So yeah, I’ve got a Pro controller but never really use it - although I wouldn’t say it’s “not worth it”, it’s a solid controller all around. It’s really just a matter of personal preference.

Last edited:
honestly i never use the handheld or tabletop modes so the pro controller is so good for me. the Joycons feel like **** in comparison, and the buttons just feel so ****ibg good

When someone has the same play experience as me down to the point about Splatoon

When someone has the same play experience as me down to the point about Splatoon

How is Nooblord supposed to know about the play experience you're talking about when you don't detail how it went here? If you're expecting him to look for your previous replies for your answer, then I'm afraid that might not be feasible.
More often than not, the relevant information would be buried in tonnes of posts for him to go through. Few users would easily muster a lot of their patience and strong willingness to locate your points.

While I never experienced any Pro Controller variant for Nintendo Switch, the dual Joy-Con configuration is surprisingly more than adequate for most of the games. Even with 2D sidescroller and fast-paced puzzle games, the arrow buttons are just as usable as the tried-and-true Control Pad, albeit without being able to comfortably slide my thumb.

Although I won't deny that the Switch Pro Controller looks very comfortable to grip on for prolonged intense gaming sessions, there's a lot of complaints floating on the Internet regarding the internal design of the Control Pad. Though, the Xenoblade 2 edition of that controller does address the issue.

Last edited:
Back