What was your dream job as a child?

I changed my mind a lot growing up but when I was a kid I really wanted to be a pirate, before I figured out what pirates actually did. After that I thought about going into the medical field or becoming a zoologist or marine biologist, and that's probably where I'm headed now.

in the third grade i really wanted to be a solider for a magical military. then, around 4th-5th grade i wanted to be an artist. now i just want a job LOL

I wanted to be a volcanologist :( but at uni I got bored of math...

Might pursue it again later in life ^-^

I wanted to be a singer. So I used to upload covers on my Youtube channel.
Sincerely regret doing that cause' I can't sing hahahaha

well i wanted to be a ballerina, then a teacher, author, astronaut etc... and know i want to be a vet :)

When I was in first grade I really wanted to be a veterinarian. I was so passionate about helping out animals, especially since our house attracted so many stray cats. I just wanted to help them all. Plus they always used our house to have kittens. But this dream broke when I watched what veterinarians do and omg I couldn't handle the blood nor seeing them inject the animals for their needed shots. I freaked out, plus later on I found out that vets are also the ones who have to put animals down. I couldn't handle that ;o;

Throughout middle school I had no plans and neither in high school. I actually didn't want to live past 18. But once my son was born I changed that. I then decided I wanted to be a middle school english teacher. I always liked creative writing and I wanted to see the stories kids would come up with. I was torn between a middle school teacher or an early head start teacher. These were torn when I realized that 1: I am not good with other people's kids and 2: I have zero teaching skills. I was a substitute preschool teacher and omg i hated it. 10+ kids screaming in my ears and running around. Don't get me wrong, I have so much patience for my son, but thats the thing he's MY son. If he does something wrong I can discipline him, these kids I could not. Plus I'm a timid person, so I dont like to confront people nor raise my voice. So whenever kids were misbehaving I'd be like "Hey you... don't do that.... Please..." and then Id get in trouble for not being able to handle the class. But I mean, you can't really do much now. The rules were so strict that the only thing I could do was tell another teacher or just deal with it. Plus id always worry about their parents. SO I gave that up xD

Now Im just a stay at home mother who is currently working on her own "novel" type of thing. I don't mind it at all. I mean, my husband makes the income and he's expressed how he doesn't want me working until our son is in school (this coming august) but since we are having another baby I just might not even look for a while. I do want to go back to college though :eek:

Pediatrician, I can't stand children now though haha.

I wasn't very concerned with what I wanted to do as a job when I was younger, but now that I'm older, I really want to become a veterinarian :)

Back