What was your dream job as a child?

thisistian

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
When I was 11ish, I wanted to be an author, at 14 I wanted to be a photographer/graphic designer, 15 was clinical psychologist. But now I'm most likely to settle on a career in marketing. I got realistic.

Last edited:
When I was in 4th grade I wanted to be the President of the United States to fix all these messes they were making while trying to fix other ones. But then I decided that that wouldn't make the best career so I am going to be an Engineer and work for Disney. You get free season passes for Disney for your family and you get an employee pass so that's a perk.

When I was in preschool, first a police officer, and then a doctor.
Then, when I was around 10, I wanted to become a lawyer, but once I was 12 I wanted to be a video game designer. But, the video game designer dream was short-lived, only when I was around 12-13, and then I remained undecided on my final career from when I was 13 until when I was 16, when the lawyer dream picked up again. I've now decided to go forward with a career in law since I'm 17, will be 18 in less than three weeks, and am starting college this coming August.

I've wanted to be an artist or a musician but not anymore.

When I was 6 I wanted to be a paleontologist (yup I knew what that was).
When I was 10 I wanted to be an author.
When I was 13 I decided I wanted to become a children's choir conductor, and now I'm in school for that :)

i never really knew. for school i would always say artist because i was the art kid but i had no idea. and i still don't

The first career I ever wanted was when I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a schoolteacher, but when I grew up I had to face reality.
So I became an artist instead :p

When I was in pre-school (I was prob about 4 years old) I wanted to be a veterinarian because I was an animal person. But when I was 6 1/2 I started taking piano lessons, and ever since I had wanted to be a musician/performer.

I always kinda wanted to be an astronaut since I've always been very fond of outer space, but I started taking interest in a career in astrophysics when I started taking physics my senior year of HS, combined with my big interest in Star Trek.

When I was little, I wanted to be on tv for literally anything but due to being shy and depressing childhood, I'm not as comfortable showing my face on TV or to the world. I also liked the idea of running some TV shows but the same reasons make me uncomfortable to do any if that.

When I was really little, I always vaguely said I wanted to be a rock star, but I think I specifically wanted to be Avril Lavigne, but I uh... don't think that's happening.

I went through a phase of wanting to be a mail carrier but that... is not something I wanna do anymore.

I'll probably get some kind of career as an illustrator eventually, but I'm not rushing anything.

I wanted to be a veternarian because I've always loved animals and helping them. I also wanted to be an astronaut at some point because of my love of space. And I wanted to find aliens haha

I also wanted to be a firefighter because I love firetrucks and wanted to drive/ride one, I also have always loved fires so I wanted to be around them. I clearly did not understand a firefighter's job very well lmao

Last edited:
I wanted to be a chef when I was younger! I don’t really think I’m suited for the field of cooking now, tbh.

I mean, I'm still young (I'm only 15), but when I was really little I wanted to either be in Law Enforcement or a Firefighter. Eventually I settled on being a Veterinarian and have been sticking with it for years.

Wow, I'm amazed at how many others here wanted to be vets too!
As a kid, I had all kinds of animals, rabbits.. Hamsters, mice, 10 cats and 6 dogs. I would check our every book about animals in my library and devour them.
I spent any extra money I made on my pets :)
Then I got older and we moved to a small house with no yard and my mom got rid of all my pets except one hamster... So then it changed to doctor, specifically a midwife.

I ended up become a massage therapist and professional piercer lol

I wanted to be a comic artist, I used to draw a lot and make characters and even started drawing comics...

Now that faded, not sure how or why. I guess I just started working and lost a passion for drawing or creating. Perhaps it's everything that goes on in life, but I'd love to get into painting again.
Now I'm not sure what I want to do. I'll figure it out

when i was in kindergarten i wanted to be a clothing designer, but then changed to an cartoonist when i was in 5th grade. i'm now interested in being an astronomer/astrophysicist

Last edited:
When I was like 8 I wanted to be an artist-- o-o At around 10 or 11, I wanted to be an astrophysicist. At around 12, I decided I either wanted to do something business related or in the engineering field. Right now, I'm leaning toward electrical engineering or computer science :3

Last edited:
Back