• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your dream job as a child?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
When I was 11ish, I wanted to be an author, at 14 I wanted to be a photographer/graphic designer, 15 was clinical psychologist. But now I'm most likely to settle on a career in marketing. I got realistic.

Last edited:
When I was in 4th grade I wanted to be the President of the United States to fix all these messes they were making while trying to fix other ones. But then I decided that that wouldn't make the best career so I am going to be an Engineer and work for Disney. You get free season passes for Disney for your family and you get an employee pass so that's a perk.

When I was in preschool, first a police officer, and then a doctor.
Then, when I was around 10, I wanted to become a lawyer, but once I was 12 I wanted to be a video game designer. But, the video game designer dream was short-lived, only when I was around 12-13, and then I remained undecided on my final career from when I was 13 until when I was 16, when the lawyer dream picked up again. I've now decided to go forward with a career in law since I'm 17, will be 18 in less than three weeks, and am starting college this coming August.

I've wanted to be an artist or a musician but not anymore.

When I was 6 I wanted to be a paleontologist (yup I knew what that was).
When I was 10 I wanted to be an author.
When I was 13 I decided I wanted to become a children's choir conductor, and now I'm in school for that :)

i never really knew. for school i would always say artist because i was the art kid but i had no idea. and i still don't

The first career I ever wanted was when I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a schoolteacher, but when I grew up I had to face reality.
So I became an artist instead :p

When I was in pre-school (I was prob about 4 years old) I wanted to be a veterinarian because I was an animal person. But when I was 6 1/2 I started taking piano lessons, and ever since I had wanted to be a musician/performer.

I always kinda wanted to be an astronaut since I've always been very fond of outer space, but I started taking interest in a career in astrophysics when I started taking physics my senior year of HS, combined with my big interest in Star Trek.

When I was little, I wanted to be on tv for literally anything but due to being shy and depressing childhood, I'm not as comfortable showing my face on TV or to the world. I also liked the idea of running some TV shows but the same reasons make me uncomfortable to do any if that.

Paleontologist. I was obsessed with dinosaurs and could name even the most obscure ones.

When I was really little, I always vaguely said I wanted to be a rock star, but I think I specifically wanted to be Avril Lavigne, but I uh... don't think that's happening.

I went through a phase of wanting to be a mail carrier but that... is not something I wanna do anymore.

I'll probably get some kind of career as an illustrator eventually, but I'm not rushing anything.

I wanted to be a veternarian because I've always loved animals and helping them. I also wanted to be an astronaut at some point because of my love of space. And I wanted to find aliens haha

I also wanted to be a firefighter because I love firetrucks and wanted to drive/ride one, I also have always loved fires so I wanted to be around them. I clearly did not understand a firefighter's job very well lmao

Last edited:
I wanted to be a chef when I was younger! I don’t really think I’m suited for the field of cooking now, tbh.

I mean, I'm still young (I'm only 15), but when I was really little I wanted to either be in Law Enforcement or a Firefighter. Eventually I settled on being a Veterinarian and have been sticking with it for years.

Wow, I'm amazed at how many others here wanted to be vets too!
As a kid, I had all kinds of animals, rabbits.. Hamsters, mice, 10 cats and 6 dogs. I would check our every book about animals in my library and devour them.
I spent any extra money I made on my pets :)
Then I got older and we moved to a small house with no yard and my mom got rid of all my pets except one hamster... So then it changed to doctor, specifically a midwife.

I ended up become a massage therapist and professional piercer lol

I wanted to be a comic artist, I used to draw a lot and make characters and even started drawing comics...

Now that faded, not sure how or why. I guess I just started working and lost a passion for drawing or creating. Perhaps it's everything that goes on in life, but I'd love to get into painting again.
Now I'm not sure what I want to do. I'll figure it out

when i was in kindergarten i wanted to be a clothing designer, but then changed to an cartoonist when i was in 5th grade. i'm now interested in being an astronomer/astrophysicist

Last edited:
When I was like 8 I wanted to be an artist-- o-o At around 10 or 11, I wanted to be an astrophysicist. At around 12, I decided I either wanted to do something business related or in the engineering field. Right now, I'm leaning toward electrical engineering or computer science :3

Last edited:
Back