• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How attached have you been to a fictional character?

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415
Curious as to how many of you have been attached to a fictional character and the extent of the attachment.

I can safely say that I've become attached to Cassie Sullivan from The 5th Wave books.
Whenever I think of her death, I feel like my gut was punched and I feel like crying man. It's just sad.

I just want to meet her even though I know it's impossible. I don't even know how to describe this feeling, but if she were real, I'd be so in love with her. Pathetic, I know lol.

Probably Noire from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series... Nuff said I did buy some merch of her and stuff, although it was never sexual or anything, I just liked her design and tsundere type I geuss lol.. I liked most characters from these games when I was into them so coulda been anyone probably but yeaaah.

If video games count, then I'm attached to pretty much all the characters in the Super Mario games. I obviously like certain characters more than others but they're all just so great.

Like if I could live in New Donk City that would be fantastic xDD

I had a crush on Kenshin Himura for three years after watching Rurouni Kenshin when it originally aired on Toonami. This sort of thing happens to me often, actually, because of fictiophilia. It's just part of who I am, I guess.

i guess attached if i like their character a lot, but definitely not in love. someone who comes to mind is gold from pok?spe, or emil from nier
i also get attached to a lot of fire emblem mages for some reason (soren, boey, erk, nino, nyx, julia, ricken, raigh)

Last edited:
I get attached to fictional characters, yes. There's always a realisation for me that they aren't real, though. That doesn't mean your feelings for them have to be invalid.

I'm incredibly attached to Nagisa from Clannad. I just watched through the entire series again this week.

Honestly, I get attached to the characters from pretty much every book I’ve read. Then when the books are over I get so utterly sad that I’ll never be able to hear anything about them again, it’s pretty bad tbh.

Last edited:
for as long as i've been consuming media i've always gotten insanely attached to characters. when i was really young there might have been like 1.5 fictional crushes but i don't get fictional crushes anymore anyways. it's really hard to describe why i get so attached to some characters - maybe for some i am attracted to their personality (not romantically though), and others it feels parental, like i'm proud of them after watching/reading them go through their journey, and others it has to do with a sense of my own identity and how i relate to them.
i get more attached to fictional characters than real people ngl so these attachments generally mean a lot to me and help me define myself and/or cope with things.

i love ryuji sakamoto from persona 5
when they faked his death i flipped

I've been attached to free from soul eater because he's hot

I think the only constant attachment I have are to my OCs. I might love characters from shows/movies/books/etc. but eventually I grow tired and forget about them after awhile LOL.... But at least with OCs, I constantly have a say in them and that's how my interest is held.

lol honestly i've been so obsessed with so many characters. in the beginning i sort of thought it was weird to love characters so much, and i was being just strange or something. i was kinda like, why am i obsessed with this character that isn't even real?? but i got over that pretty quickly lmao. i found out that other people had the same feeling of love for their favs and that made me super happy because i realized i wasn't alone in my weirdness.

i haven't gotten super obsessed with a character in a super long time but recently i've been bitten by the ouma kokichi bug and i'm back on my bull****. the last character i had a massive obsession over was komaeda nagito & kaneki ken and uhhhhh i'm really happy to be so 'sessed again because it keeps my mind occupied and it makes me super passionate in writing and other things. when i love a character a lot of passion goes into it. like when i say that i love a character i really mean it. i'm not in love w them as in i wanna marry their fictional asses but just thinkin about em makes my heart do the doki doki

I don't know the meaning of 'liking things in moderate amounts' so I obsess over everything I like. When I was into Lazytown I was attached to Sportacus and Robbie Rotten and loved everything about them, always looking at fanart and such. Then I got into Cuphead and got attached to Mr. King Dice and went through the same thing. Currently I'm really attached to Marshal, I even bought his amiibo card so I could have him forever. Totally not weird or creepy at all nope.

I go back and forth with my interests alot too, so one month I'm into a fandom another the next month etc then 5 months later I'm into the first fandom again :p

There's one character I've been extremely attached to since 2012. I want to get a tattoo of her one day.

Yeah, to me it’s completely normal to be attached to fictional characters. I always really wanted to meet the Mario characters, mostly Bowser lol. I used to be attached to him a lot, but not THAT much as I was to him before.

Last edited:
My first ever crush was Seven of Nine. It might sound paradoxical, but I loved that she’d hate my pathetic guts if she was real, lol. No. Nope. Never. *whistles innocently and walks away*

Last edited:
I get really attached to characters I WRITE. Probably because they're a bit of me in each of them, I just get obsessed with them which I guess too is a good thing cause I can kind of "pretend" to be them and it helps me write in their "voice." But I mean, I get emotional when I write them into situations... it really effects me in a lot of ways.

KAITO MOMOTA, LUMINARY OF THE STARS! from Danganronpa V3. (The guy in my avatar)
I honestly don't get emotionally attached to any fictional characters (tbh I don't get emotionally attached to real people often either), but this guy ended up breaking that trend. He's so positive and motivational, and I think that's something we all need. Even though he's fictional, he's now one of my best sources of motivation (possibly THE best), and I just generally feel more positive about everything. Also props to Kyle Hebert for being the perfect VA for him.
i also get attached to a lot of fire emblem mages for some reason (soren, boey, erk, nino, nyx, julia, ricken, raigh)
Top tier taste tbh

Back