• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How attached have you been to a fictional character?

I get really attached to characters I WRITE. Probably because they're a bit of me in each of them, I just get obsessed with them which I guess too is a good thing cause I can kind of "pretend" to be them and it helps me write in their "voice." But I mean, I get emotional when I write them into situations... it really effects me in a lot of ways.

Oh, I'm certainly the same. I was writing about this girl named Teresa who left behind a journal and tapes that she addressed to people within her life before she committed a massacre and killed herself (kinda like the Columbine Basement Tapes and Randy Stair Suicide Tapes). I was crazy about her. I felt so so so sorry for her, too, with her mental illnesses. I even went as far as to create an avatar for her lmao. But alas, she is not real, so I can't possibly be in love.

Last edited:
Oh, I get super attached to fictional characters. Most recently, I've fallen in love with Eddie Dean and Oy from The Dark Tower. Eddie had such an amazing arc and Oy is just effing AMAZING. I have become obsessed with billy-bumblers and wish they were real. MAKE THIS HAPPEN, SCIENCE.

And my inner fourteen year old is absolutely in love with Cuthbert Allgood, also from the same series.

Nintendo characters always have a place in my heart and I feel a special attachment to them

See my Avatar? I love him WAY TOO MUCH!!!

See my User Title? I want him to desperately appear in more Nintendo games WAY TOO MUCH!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Signature too. But if they get replaced, its Villager from Animal Crossing: New Leaf/Mario Kart 8. (Boy)

Well, if we are counting musicals then I'm going to pick Audrey Two from Little Shop Of Horrors. I just love how manipulative she is and how she got a flower boy to kill 3 people and himself in the process. It's the perfect horror story and I just adore the music, especially from Audrey Teo.

I don't appreciate fictional characters as much now unfortunately. I appreciate well-written ones but I've never genuinely cared for one in the longest time. :(

I have a suppper unhealthy attachment with some characters it kinda scares me sometimes

in fact i think two of my relationships probs have ended because of this reason only. But in all honesty this escapism is my only copping mechanism and i do feel like its affecting me in a negative way.

not that i care anymore lmao

Oh, I'm certainly the same. I was writing about this girl named Teresa who left behind a journal and tapes that she addressed to people within her life before she committed a massacre and killed herself (kinda like the Columbine Basement Tapes and Randy Stair Suicide Tapes). I was crazy about her. I felt so so so sorry for her, too, with her mental illnesses. I even went as far as to create an avatar for her lmao. But alas, she is not real, so I can't possibly be in love.

It's so hard. I literally say up writing, bawling, because I was writing a scene for my character in a bad situation and just tears streaming down my face crying, about something I was writing... XD but I guess what's what makes it feel more genuine for the reader in the long run. But I totally wanted to be there, save her from the situation and just protect her and love her forever...

Oh man, I get attached easily. Especially when reading/writing about them. The only few characters that have really stayed in my heart that aren’t original characters are:

-Nico di Angelo (Percy Jackson, my oc is named after him)
-Syaoran Li (Cardcaptor Sakura, seasons 1-2. Not quite sure I like his new look :/ )
-Ethan Wate (beautiful creatures)
-Peridot (Steven Universe)

And that’s pretty much it for now. I do get temporarily attached to characters, so once I’m done with the whole “I’m obsessed with this series/story” it goes away. Though these characters have really stood by me. Many of my OCs are either based off them, or their stories in a way. I’m highly attached to Nico and Syaoran though /.\ Heck if my second child was a boy he was going to be named Nicholas Noah with the nickname “Nico”. My husband doesn’t mind it XD Now I’m pretty attached to all my ocs since they are heavily based off people/stories I liked with a heavy mixture of myself and real life people. BUT I can still easily kill them off or put them in dangerous scenarios XD I still love them! I’m more attached to Sora, Yumi, Skai, Nico, and Piece though.. these ones are my main OCs and kinda like the main characters of a story I’m writing. But I have other main characters that I’m just like “meh.” Doesn’t mean I love them any less, I just don’t feel too attached. These include Alice, Noda, Noah, Josh, and Aileen. There’s so many more but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I haven’t even made most of these on Toyhouse yet XD I need to really get started on that. Hahahah. But yeah.

oh boy. There was one certain character on a tv show a couple years ago I heavily identified with on the basis of her sexuality. I was very attached and extremely sad about her death for months (it was so badly written, she was shot because she fell in love with a woman, directly after sleeping with her for the first time, on a show where the exec producer explicitly said "sexuality of characters doesnt matter"!) It was silly how much it affected me but she was important to me, a kind of character you dont meet often in TV shows or movies or books or real life even. Lesson learned, I don't get invested in fictional characters anymore

My imaginary friend as a child was Peter Pan.
I don't even want to remember my giant crush on Kanji Tatsumi of Persona 4, that was a major obsession for... a few years...
I had a little crush on Nana Oosaki of "Nana" for a small period after that too.
Now it's Chloe Price, but I have no time for that, so I'm safe.

Edit: I just picked up a new one... Futaba Sakura from Persona 5. Basically, I get really attached to characters from life simulation games, I guess.

Last edited:
if anything happens to thor or loki in infinity war i will cry my eyes out

Very!
I hate it when my favorite characters get killed off.

Thanks Scott Gimple, you moron.
You killed Caaarrrol. (Carl in Rick's accent, not Carol.)

Last edited:
I get pretty attached to fictional characters. 9 times out of 10 my favorite one dies though so I'm just left like ://// but on the rare occasion they live oh boy

I very often get really attached to fictional characters. My current obsession is Junkrat from Overwatch. I dunno he just,, became a comfort character for me. If he was real I'd give him a big hug.

I've never really gotten attached to fictional characters before, except for maybe some of the ones from Fire Emblem in the past. I do definitely get attached to musicians and actors/actresses though, but not crushes (maybe:rolleyes: ).

The characters in the Mass Effect trilogy. Need I say more?

I think the only constant attachment I have are to my OCs. I might love characters from shows/movies/books/etc. but eventually I grow tired and forget about them after awhile LOL.... But at least with OCs, I constantly have a say in them and that's how my interest is held.

Same here!! I?m really attached to my OCs, and I have a lot of them haha. I?ve had my favorite for almost two years and she?s always been so important to me!

To the most extent, I remember having crushes on the strong, silent types in cartoons and games as a kid LMAO. But nowadays, I still get attached to characters, especially better than I can with most people. I'm usually stuck in books, games, etc.

Last edited:
Back