• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What the HECK Ricky?!

michealsmells

🎄❄️🌟
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
So I haven't been around on the forums much lately and I also haven't been playing Animal Crossing. Last time I played I had let Skye move out because I needed to get rid of a normal villager :(. But now that I've come back, I find that Ricky has moved in and taken my 10th slot? I must've picked him up through a friend's void but... I didn't think you could do that to take the 10th spot?

ANYWAYS not only did he take a spot for one of my new villagers, but now I have THREE Cranky villagers, completely bringing back my problem of having too many of one kinda villager. And its a shame too, cause I actually really like Ricky, but now I'm gonna have to get rid of one of my crankies (most likely Rolf)

Anyhow, rant over. But I do mean to ask if picking up a 10th villager from the Void is normal?

Yep.
I got one last year after visiting someone.
Butch moved in and destroyed my orchard. :-/

Yep.
I got one last year after visiting someone.
Butch moved in and destroyed my orchard. :-/

I guess he lives slightly askew from Coco which makes me kinda OCD but I can deal with it. Thank gosh I haven't done anything big with landscaping yet. I'm too finicky with what villagers I want and when than to actually care about placement.

Yup. I picked up Pudge once from someone's void in my first town which sucked because I had been saving that 10th spot for a dreamie (who I later got anyway but still..)

You can pick a voided villager as long as you have one space, that is, 9 or less or 10 with one being in boxes (it counts as a space).
So if you don't want voids, make sure you don't go online when you have that one space or if you do, ask if the other person's void is clear (although there's still a risk) :)

I picked up Limberg as a voided villager. Mouse with a fiveo'clock shadow. Yup, you're getting evicted. 'What's that mayor? You want to put the 'No mouses with fiveo'clock shadows ordinance in control? I don't know that one...'

Yeah it's a big pain, but nothing an amiibo scan can't take care of. That's how I booted Limberg.

Back