I just deleted Ossipri by accident. Oh my god!!!

I thought you already deleted it because someone you don't like moved in?

Last edited:
Well, that's just awful, I'm so sorry to hear that, but maybe it's for the best. Now you can take a break without any thoughts or stress about the game.
Nothing's worth the stress it seems to put you under

I decided to take an indefinite break from Animal Crossings I mean it shouldn't take two days to find a friggin' map. I think I'm overwhelmed. And this break is actually going to last longer than 2 days. And I kid you not, after I decided to take a break, I felt a big weight lift off my shoulders.

I decided to take an indefinite break from Animal Crossings I mean it shouldn't take two days to find a friggin' map. I think I'm overwhelmed. And this break is actually going to last longer than 2 days. And I kid you not, after I decided to take a break, I felt a big weight lift off my shoulders.

I remember that feeling after I deleted my WW town.
Every day for two years I played in that town.

It got to be a chore.
When I'd gotten rid of it, I swear I could breathe a lot better.

I got a bit of my actual 'life' back. ^_^

Hope you enjoy your new town! (or not since you're going to take a break) Is your town name and mayor name the same or did you change it?

Don't worry it took me 2 bloody days - 4 hours straight - to find a map I actually like. :) It was worth it in the end though!

I'd really love to see a picture of the map that you settle on :)

Man Animal Crossing is supposed to be a chill game, don't take it so seriously. I choose the first map for both of my two towns. Others might consider that they suck, but I worked them and they are mine.

Sorry that you deleted your town by accident though. I've had countless games be erased throughout the years. Once or twice it was my fault, like you said I wasn't paying attention. The others have been when someone picked up my game and deleted them by accident because they didn't know what they were doing.

If you come back, just pick whatever map he gives you and make it a challenge to have it work. I don't know...this game shouldn't stress anyone out that much. It's one of the chillest games I've ever played.

Man Animal Crossing is supposed to be a chill game, don't take it so seriously. I choose the first map for both of my two towns. Others might consider that they suck, but I worked them and they are mine.

Sorry that you deleted your town by accident though. I've had countless games be erased throughout the years. Once or twice it was my fault, like you said I wasn't paying attention. The others have been when someone picked up my game and deleted them by accident because they didn't know what they were doing.

If you come back, just pick whatever map he gives you and make it a challenge to have it work. I don't know...this game shouldn't stress anyone out that much. It's one of the chillest games I've ever played.

I agree this game isn't supposed to be this stressful, that's why I decided to take an indefinite break from it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't worry it took me 2 bloody days - 4 hours straight - to find a map I actually like. :) It was worth it in the end though!

I'd really love to see a picture of the map that you settle on :)

I have a map but I'm likely not going to stick with it because I decided to take a break from this game but the map I have is posted on the Town Map thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hope you enjoy your new town! (or not since you're going to take a break) Is your town name and mayor name the same or did you change it?

When I do come back and play, I decided to change my mayor name, town name and mayor's face.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would honestly cry

I didn't cry. I swore a lot though. lol

Yeah, I can't let myself keep getting this stressed over a video game. I'm a person who gets stressed easily anyways no matter what I'm doing. Yeah, I need to work on that, that's why I'm stepping away from this game. I'm going to play other games, watch anime, work on my book that I need to get published this year then maybe come back to Animal Crossings in a few months.

Last edited:
ahh I'm sorry to hear that!! that sucks :(
like others said, think of it like a fresh start! i did that deliberately and started Cryptid with no money or catalog or anything and I don't feel like I missed out too much. good luck with your new town!

I agree with others on that you should see it as a fresh start :) Don't worry about the town layout though! When I first started, I didn't know you could choose your layout, so I took the first one it showed me xD And while, it's not the BEST layout, I definitely wouldn't say that it has made my town "bad" if that makes sense :p Finding the "Perfect Town Layout" is going to take a while, and honestly, the challenge of an 'imperfect' town layout makes it that much more fun :3

ahh I'm sorry to hear that!! that sucks :(
like others said, think of it like a fresh start! i did that deliberately and started Cryptid with no money or catalog or anything and I don't feel like I missed out too much. good luck with your new town!

Thank you. I mean, I started Ossipri off with nothing and I built it up pretty far......then I accidentally delete it XD. Oh But I honestly think it was for the best. I really do need a break from this game.

I agree with others on that you should see it as a fresh start :) Don't worry about the town layout though! When I first started, I didn't know you could choose your layout, so I took the first one it showed me xD And while, it's not the BEST layout, I definitely wouldn't say that it has made my town "bad" if that makes sense :p Finding the "Perfect Town Layout" is going to take a while, and honestly, the challenge of an 'imperfect' town layout makes it that much more fun :3

To be honest, I think every map has the potential to be a great town, even the ones with 5 ponds. But I think the fact that I"m overthinking things way too much focusing too much on a town's imperfections instead of it's potentials and the fact that I accidentally deleted my last town is a sign that I need to step away from this game for a while. I'm having more fun with Super Smash Bros for 3DS currently than I am with Animal Crossings and that's saying a lot since Super Smash Bros is the most rage inducing game ever with the way it blatantly cheats.

Super Smash Bros is the most rage inducing game ever with the way it blatantly cheats.

Omg! XDDD I know what you mean! And yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a break from ACNL :3 When you come back to it, you'll want it to be when you're excited to start playing again, and if now is not that time, no worries. There's no rush; The game will still be here :)

Last edited:
My 6 year old niece came into my room and said it was good I deleted my town because it was getting on my nerves. My niece is very wise xD

Although she did just tell me what everyone else has been telling me but for a 6 year old, she is wise lol

Last edited:
Maybe you should get your niece into Animal Crossing and you could visit each others town and have fun. I have a really young cousin and it was fun whenever he visited. We would play New Leaf and mess around in the others town. Sometimes I'd bring some pitfalls and the toy hammers to, because he really liked that.

Last edited:
Good on you for deciding to step away. If that's what you feel is best, then don't feel bad for doing it. Some people act like ACNL is life, but at the end of the day, it is still just a video game and it will be there waiting when you are ready to come back. I hope you enjoy your time away. Try to make the most of it, okay? :)

Same thing happened to me before. I was going to take my bells to another town and leave it there, and then delete my town. But for some reason my mind went blank and I ended up deleting my town just with a click, and I didn?t take my bells!

Oh well, good luck with your town. Hope you have a good experience starting fresh. C:

Last edited:
Back