• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you set stuff out for DA guests?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I always enjoy it when mayors go the extra mile and set out outfits and items to use while you're in town.
I don't typically enjoy wandering around DAs in my pjs, so I usually switch to a qr once there, so I enjoy the clothes; I also feel like I blend into the town better, especially when there's a theme.
So, do you set stuff out?

Yes, I do! I like finding gifts in DA towns, so I do it, also. Just updated my DA today, finally, after getting a move ping, saying no, TT back to August (oh, sooo green!), setting out gifts, updating, picking all the stuff up again, and now---wait for a ping to TT forward to the day I went backwards (maybe). ;) OR, maybe I'll just play autumn over again, then TT forward to spring! I'm not overly fond of winter, can you tell?

Yeah I make sure to have some clothes in the plaza because I also don't like the pajamas! But I also don't like the cluttered look of clothes on the ground so there's only one outfit. :p I also put out a couple wrapped things here n there for fun but I know I never open all the presents when there's 1000000 of them in a town so I try not to go overboard. lol still would like to add some more stuff besides a bubble wand and piece of candy (I have tons of ice cream and stuff) but idk where to put it all.

i hoard stuff to lead out, but whenever i see a sky i like i immediately go into panic-and-quickly-clean-town-and-update-dream mode and totally forget to leave them out ;;;;

mistvale isn't done though still, so i'm still going to be updating until its perfect :)

Yeah! I love leaving presents for dream visitors! I try not to go too overboard with it of course, I know no one likes to open 50 bazillion gifts haha Usually I have one or two outfits in the plaza then a few goodies scattered around town, like balloons, coffee, ice cream.

I actually had never considered laying out items for dream guests or that they might not like wandering around in their PJs, thank you! :)

No.
I'm not leaving garbage around just for dream guests.
They are there to look at the town, not pick up a present they can't keep. o_O

I leave out clothes, because that’s what I enjoy when I visit other towns. It’s nice to look like I fit in with the scenery rather than walking around barefoot and in pajamas, and it feels like another way to express the town’s personality. I only ever leave out a couple of other gifts, though - always balloons or pinwheels.

I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t actually bother to open a bunch of wrapped gifts in other towns. It always takes forever, and they’re always the exact same items. Ice cream, tweeter, bubbles, throwing beans, etc. after a while it started to feel like a trend or a status symbol, like seeing the m same Tier 1 villagers everywhere. I have absolutely no issue with anyone else who does it, but when I visit a town, I mostly just want to explore the town and talk to the villagers, not unwrap presents.

No.
They are there to look at the town, not pick up a present they can't keep. o_O

You don't have to leave it there, you can put it down before and pick it up after you make your DA.

You don't have to leave it there, you can put it down before and pick it up after you make your DA.

I know, but it's as I've said.

They are there to look at the town, not pick up a present they can't keep.

Yeah, I get that. ^^ My first experience with bubbles was in a dream town, I didn't realize they were something I could possibly get for months.
It's quite disappointing.

no because its a waste of time

Yeah, I get that. ^^ My first experience with bubbles was in a dream town, I didn't realize they were something I could possibly get for months.
It's quite disappointing.

I was in heaven when I first visited a dream town. I had no idea you couldn't bring anything but patterns back, so I collected fruit, and hybrids, shoved them in my hair, lol!

What a let-down when I woke up and had nothing. :D

Haven't currently got a dream address & when I did, I didn't leave things out for visitors.
Do I like presents in DA I visit? - I don't change into clothes they leave out, I do drink the coffee/eat a mushroom; but there was one thing I always hoped to find and that was the megaphone - meant the town probably had Wendell & it was very useful in finding him.
Pre WA update I visited some beautiful Japanese towns, very generous players with loads of patterns & often the megaphone.

Now nothing, just the official Japanese DA which has patterns, but no megaphone for finding Wendell, sometimes so hard to find him I think they have ditched the patterns (they haven't as of last visit a week or so ago).
Are there DA with Wendell out there? - I haven't found any post update, albeit I've not tried over hard. More an issue of not tripping into a hacked town now. Sorry, how I feel.

I'm still trying to get my town ready for its first DA...but I guess when all the plot planning is done, I will move onto that. I don't think I'd go overboard like some towns with all the mushrooms, candy, presents, clothes, ect. Some do it well while others have so much that it looks like it was just dumped. (No offense to anyone)

I'd probably limit mine to things like a wetsuit or whatever.

I leave out a few small gifts for dreamers: A couple of ice cream cones to enjoy, a couple of famous mushrooms (always fun for super-sized screenshots), a chocolate heart, and a toy hammer in case visitors want to use it on any of my villagers.

I don't wrap the gifts, because I know when I visit a dream town, I usually don't want to take the time to unwrap anything. When they're out in the open, it's quick and easy to see what each gift is.

I like to leave out two outfits and I usually have cake, bubbles sparklers and other goodies as well. I like them when I visit dream towns so I have to do the same for the dreamers in my town. :)

Yeah! I love leaving presents for dream visitors! I try not to go too overboard with it of course, I know no one likes to open 50 bazillion gifts haha Usually I have one or two outfits in the plaza then a few goodies scattered around town, like balloons, coffee, ice cream.

This is what I do, too. I don't like leaving too many things out, but I do want my dream visitors to have a nice experience.
On the flip side, when I am visiting a dream town, I don't mind at all if there are no gifts, but I am disappointed if there are no clothes.

Hmmm I know a lot of people have said they don't like opening a ton of gifts, which is perfectly understandable but personally I really enjoy opening the small presents scattered in the dream towns I've visited. It's also really nice to be able to eat ice cream or hold balloons, since those are only items you can get from Streetpass. It makes it feel special, and I get to experience things I would normally not able to. So yes, I don't mind it and when I release a DA, I will probably leave a couple gifts :)

I once tried leaving stuff around in like, appropriate places, but that was meticulous for me. But some of the hold-able items are really fun, so for my next town I built a fence and put all the cute things inside the fence.

Back