• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ratting out a cheater?

Would you rat someone out for cheating?

• Yes.

Votes: 89 85.6%
  • No.

Votes: 15 14.4%

• Total voters

Cheshire

Manifest!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
What's your opinion on ratting someone out for cheating?

On one hand, I feel like I shouldn't interject myself and just hope that the person's lies will eventually catch up to them on their own.

On the other hand, this is getting painful to watch and I feel sorry for the person who's cheated on.

I'm conflicted :|

Last edited:
It's a question of morals. Do you want to possibly ruin your friendship with the person if they don't believe you? Obviously, they'd come back around when they find out (if they do). Or do you want to keep it a secret and just let them find out themselves (it isn't exactly your problem, after all)? Or even still, do you want to tarnish a relationship (that I daresay is already ruined)?
I'd probably just tell them. Do you know who they're cheating with? If you do, tell the friend that they should keep a watchful eye on the significant other and the cheatee. I'm sure your friend will most certainly thank you in their absolute sincerest appreciation. I know I've probably contradicted myself a bit, but you gotta take into account what your friend is like and how they'd react. It's a hard question. What is your friend like? How do you think they would react?

Yeah, I'd end up telling the person. You're not interjecting yourself if the person is keeping lies from their own partner. The sooner, the better.

yeah. although it's probably none of by business, it's going to end badly either way

I'd tell them. if I didn't they would find out eventually and be like "you knew and didn't tell me? we're not friends anymore" but if I tell them, they might not believe me which is fine because they'll come back to me once they find out the truth, or we team up and take down the cheater together lol

Yes. They are worth nothing to me, so I have nothing to lose.

I despise cheaters and their partners should be warned.

I'd tell. I hate cheaters and want them ratted out immediately. If they don't believe me then that's their own fault and can't tell me I didn't try to help.

If my partner was cheating on me, I'd want someone to tell me asap.

cheaters are the scum of the earth LOL they deserve to be humiliated
if my partner cheated on me id never recover tbh :\

BUT, if ur partner is abusive and u dont love them anymore but ur afraid to end it and u fall in love with someone else it would be bad at first to be "ratted" out since they can really hurt u
its the best to end it as soon as possible, u HAVE to tell them, but things can be very very scary i think
other than that i cant think of any excuse

Last edited:
of course i’d tell if i was close to them. otherwise i couldn’t care less about strangers cheating i have too much else to worry about.

depends on my relationship w the people involved. i think the person who’s getting cheated on deserves to know tho

Generally yes, except when I could put someone in danger by telling on them, like if the partner is abusive and might be violent which might explain why they have cheated in the first place instead of trying to leave the relationship.

I would say something as long as I was 100% sure. Even if it's technically not my business, when someone breaks the rules like that, I think they deserve what's coming to them, and I think that the partner who was cheated on deserves to have the chance to break up with their partner for cheating, no matter who lets them know that they did it.

llol i tyhought this ws about school at first but if you know the person being cheated on well enough then do it for sure

I don't know a single person that hasn't cheated at least once in there lives. What they don't know won't hurt 'em, right?

Also, if the person cheats on everything, it will catch up on them when they take the SAT or other big tests that are super strict, so there's really no point.

EDIT: I am so stupid, thought this was about school, lol.
Yeah, definitely tell someone if they're being cheated on. Even if it is none of your business.

Last edited:
yeah i would lol if it's one of my friends.
aside from the reason cammy brought up (your partner being abusive & there being a potential threat/risk of violence) there's really no excuse for cheating and no way to justify it.

As someone who's been cheated on and had a "friend" keep it from me for what turned out to be, in hindsight, an embarrassingly long time... please tell. Unless you are some kind of master spy, chances are if you know, then other people know too, or they're gonna figure it out soon. Even if no one blames the person who's been cheated on and everything blows up in the cheater's face, it is still humiliating to be the last to know.

Last edited:
Back